Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree94Likes

Classic 1/12th

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
that was a cool car though...or the trinity ev10 the pan car with 3 of those shocks.
Trying to revive/recycle it.

Sorry, hijack over.

Let me redeem myself with the following. You guys will have a chuckle.

Associated 12L3 I used to race BITD. I also have a Trinity Revolver 12 with the MCR front suspension and just bought a CRC Xti so I decided to let my 13 year old have at it. It already had an Associated XP 2.4Ghz RX in it along with some 2000mAh NiCds and my trusty Novak Atom ESC. Well the NiCds were too old and low capacity so I dug out some 5000 NiMh cells for him. Half an hour later...

...he's got a Traxxas TQ rx and a Tamiya TEU-101BK ESC in it because the Atom didn't have reverse. Also notice the Tamiya connector on the battery.

The motor is an old Trinity Midnight brushed 27t stock so I suppose the Tamiya connector will at least survive for a while.

The purple parts are some cheap GPM bling from Asiatees. The car already had the reactive caster suspension.

Oh well, kid has to start somewhere right?

Sean
Old 02-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer
Trying to revive/recycle it.

Sorry, hijack over.

Let me redeem myself with the following. You guys will have a chuckle.

Associated 12L3 I used to race BITD. I also have a Trinity Revolver 12 with the MCR front suspension and just bought a CRC Xti so I decided to let my 13 year old have at it. It already had an Associated XP 2.4Ghz RX in it along with some 2000mAh NiCds and my trusty Novak Atom ESC. Well the NiCds were too old and low capacity so I dug out some 5000 NiMh cells for him. Half an hour later...

...he's got a Traxxas TQ rx and a Tamiya TEU-101BK ESC in it because the Atom didn't have reverse. Also notice the Tamiya connector on the battery.

The motor is an old Trinity Midnight brushed 27t stock so I suppose the Tamiya connector will at least survive for a while.

The purple parts are some cheap GPM bling from Asiatees. The car already had the reactive caster suspension.

Oh well, kid has to start somewhere right?

Sean
Thats really good to start with,and good enough to race with.This chassis with the cheap Asia parts would be lighter than the new cars if it had the same gear in it. We run without a weight limit and the older cars with current lipo and brushless are much light than the current cars using the same gear,we did than so people would run something instead of having to chase the chassis of the week.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Tech Champion

I've still got a DA balsa core graphite chassis for the 12L and a solid DA graphite chassis for the 10L...those were some really awesome chassis...I keep toying with the idea of building something with them.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Thats really good to start with,and good enough to race with.This chassis with the cheap Asia parts would be lighter than the new cars if it had the same gear in it. We run without a weight limit and the older cars with current lipo and brushless are much light than the current cars using the same gear,we did than so people would run something instead of having to chase the chassis of the week.
Well it was good enough to win...15 years ago. Actually, it still drives nice and being young he will pick it up really quickly. It will sharpen his RC reflexes. His Team Durango DEX210 will seem like slow motion after running 1/12th.

I've still got a DA balsa core graphite chassis for the 12L and a solid DA graphite chassis for the 10L...those were some really awesome chassis...I keep toying with the idea of building something with them.
Do it. I just put together my old 10L (fiberglass chassis) and plan to run it just for fun. I also run my 20 year old RC10 CE buggy sometimes. I think old cars need to be ran every once in a while. There is always interest when I pull my old cars out. The older guys love seeing it run and the young ones ask what it is. It's icing on the cake when you lap faster than some of the guys with the latest and greatest.

Sean
Old 02-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer
I used to run a Trinity Reflex 10. At least you only had one shock. Try getting four of them to work on the same car!

Sean
I ran the EV10 with 3 of them. If 1 is frustrating, getting 2 to not only work, but be equal is insanity!

You sure it's a balsa center? The ones Dave did for me had marine ply cores. Loved them but they were a little fragile. Prone to delaminating.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

The ones my LHS got in the shop owner said it was cross cut balsa, he might have been wrong...sure feels like it as it is super light. We never really had problems with them de-laminating...but so few ppl ran them as they were super expensive!

Last edited by InspGadgt; 02-21-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

The ones I had were 1/16th marine ply sandwiched with .040 graphite. Very light and super stiff. Of course the delamination happened when a "Pro" who shall not be named, flipped his radio on at The Ranch without checking to see if the frequency was in use. That car slammed the wall at warp 9.5 and separated just behind the Old School front block. I know it was ply because Dave told me himself when I ordered it.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Something for the old time 12th followers, box art from the Kyosho Axis EX box. Not perfect as my customer did not have the exact body, but close.

Last edited by chris moore; 04-02-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Arrow

Great forum here!!! With that being said i have a bunch of 12th chassis and t-bars(various thickness and style)and pod upper and lower plates if any of you guys need anything shoot me a pm.The chassis plates are mostly trinity and associated,but some are unknown oval plates.I even have a purple metalflake trinity revolver 12 carbon fiber chassis plate in perfect unused condition.I have way more than what i listed so if anyone has been looking for anything let me know.I don't use most of this stuff ever and probably won't so i wouldn't be asking top dollar....i just don't roll like that!In fact if it's not something huge the price would be shipping costs only.I just did that same thing on some 414m2 parts and i liked that better than taking somebody's money for stuff im not using.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skater-deez1
Great forum here!!! With that being said i have a bunch of 12th chassis and t-bars(various thickness and style)and pod upper and lower plates if any of you guys need anything shoot me a pm.The chassis plates are mostly trinity and associated,but some are unknown oval plates.I even have a purple metalflake trinity revolver 12 carbon fiber chassis plate in perfect unused condition.I have way more than what i listed so if anyone has been looking for anything let me know.I don't use most of this stuff ever and probably won't so i wouldn't be asking top dollar....i just don't roll like that!In fact if it's not something huge the price would be shipping costs only.I just did that same thing on some 414m2 parts and i liked that better than taking somebody's money for stuff im not using.
Do you have any Trinity Magic Carpet Ride chassis and/or parts, 4 cell edition?

Steve
Old 03-26-2013, 12:45 AM
prp
Tech Initiate

Nice paint Chris...
Old 03-26-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default Axis EX Body

Great job Chris! I may have you do my Axis if I ever get the stones to open the box & build it...

Originally Posted by chris moore
Something for the old time 12th followers, box art from the Tamaya Axis EX box. Not perfect as my customer did not have the exact body, but close.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
Something for the old time 12th followers, box art from the Tamaya Axis EX box. Not perfect as my customer did not have the exact body, but close.
Very nice
Old 03-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by corallyman
Do you have any Trinity Magic Carpet Ride chassis and/or parts, 4 cell edition?

Steve
To be honest i probably do but i'm not really sure what that would look like.I have at least 10 chassis....if you can find a pic anywhere i could probably match it up.If it's possible that's the purple one i can post a pic of it if you'd like!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

I don't think this is it but still kinda cool and different!
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-dscn1317-640x480-.jpg   Classic 1/12th-dscn1318-640x480-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.