Like Tree94Likes

Classic 1/12th

Old 06-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Great tips - I'll give that a try, thank you!!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sundevil67
Hi All,
I've decided to turn my 'shelf queen' Fantom into a runner. The car is in pristine condition, but since I've acquired an NIB version, I've decided to hit the road with this one. Anyway, I recall struggling with this exact problem back in the late 80s when working on my old Plazmas. There has to be a better way to adjust these tie-rods than sticking one end in a vice and twisting the ball-end with a pair of pliers. The brute-force method works, but when I'm done the ball-end looks like the dog tried to eat it. I just can't twist them into the right size by hand, it just requires too much force. I'm wondering if anyone's found a more elegant solution to share. I have several more to adjust.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Try reaming the hole slightly on the rod end and put a little grease on the tie rod. Then use a pair of dull old dikes to hold the rod securely by hand and stick an allen wrench through the eyelet to twist it onto the rod.
Bees wax also works quite well. I remember the Lunsford turnbuckle kits used to come with a little capsule of bees wax.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Project Euro Panther #1

Hi Folks,

I have been planning to build up a Parma Euro Panther. I think I have enough parts and pieces to start a restore. So here it goes...
The Euro Panthers, I believe, came out around 84' and were made notable with Bud Bartos winning the Worlds in stock. A club member at the time picked up one and it seemed so tightly packaged compared to other cars at the time as I recall. Here is the box many of you may recall. And a stock example, which appears to have never been run. I will use pieces off of this one to complete a custom euro panther. Fiberglass chassis and Graphite chassis. The last pic are some of the parts for the new build...
More to come...

Tracy
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-eruo-panther-box-.jpg   Classic 1/12th-stock-euro-panther.jpg   Classic 1/12th-euro-panther-chassis.jpg   Classic 1/12th-euro-panther-graphite.jpg  
Old 07-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hi Tracey,

That looks superb! You don't see these around at all these days. I look forward to seeing the new build as it progresses.

Cheers,

Warren
Old 07-21-2014, 09:44 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice Euro Panther!

Got half of a Graphite Euro Panther myself but struggle with some of the parts for completing. Need a damper post, maybe the tube damper setup also. Someone know where to find such parts? Maybe have other parts for trade.

BTW pics of Budīs Worlds Euro Panther also pics of Chris Arnolds car at Classic RC. If youīre not familiar with Chris Arnold, he was the guy who designed the Euro Panther.
http://classicrc.wordpress.com/speci...on-112-stock_/
http://classicrc.wordpress.com/speci...84-worlds-car/
Old 07-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Project Euro Panther #2

Thanks for the likes on the build! There are a few parts that are hard to find...
In the first pic I was lucky enough to have an original wire antenna, would be nearly impossible to find alone, but may be in NIB stuff. The throttle mount is also not common, hard to find too. Again the king pins are hard to find as well, in all the ebay searching I have never seen any king pins available in a parts package. Are they the same in the 10th setup?
V12...the shock post you are looking for, if we are talking about the same part, in the second pic, I have it standing up. There is indeed one of those on ebay right now, it is listed with the rear pod and some of the pod components. Unfortunately they want 90.00 bucks for the few parts.

Going forward, I will dye all the white nylon parts black. also not sure the graphite t-bar will stay in the setup. I have two t-bars, the graphite one (.026 in) and a fiberglass one (.048 in). The bag on the graphite one also indicates they made a thicker one at .032 inches.

The caster wedges are marked 3 degrees as well. Lastly the front spindles/axles. The yellow are stock/earlier and the black are later versions. I am going to use the black ones, and save the yellows.

BTW, I am looking for the orange rear wheels to match the fronts I have. or chromes...
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-eruo-panther-parts.jpg   Classic 1/12th-euro-panther-build-6.jpg   Classic 1/12th-euro-panther-spindles.jpg  
Old 07-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=V12;13414791]Nice Euro Panther!

Got half of a Graphite Euro Panther myself but struggle with some of the parts for completing. Need a damper post, maybe the tube damper setup also. Someone know where to find such parts? Maybe have other parts for trade.

BTW pics of Budīs Worlds Euro Panther
http://classicrc.wordpress.com/speci...on-112-stock_/
I knew Ol'e Bud Bartos. I've seen that car in person. He was a wild and crazy guy. But; he would do anything for you to help.

Know my question. Does anyone know where I might find an old Parma Dodge Aspen body. I'm restoring an old Bolink Renegade, and I want to use it as the body. It's the Gatorade body, second row, far right.

Btw... I've spent all day reading this thread. Brought back alot of old, old memories, names, faces, and cars. If it's ok, I will post my progress on the Renegade here?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-parma112bodies.jpg  
Old 07-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Who is running with Gyro in 12 scales ? Any improvement
Old 07-24-2014, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bandit13

.....If it's ok, I will post my progress on the Renegade here?

Thanks!
You should post them up.

I have been looking over the pics on the net to compare different Panther Builds, Buds being one of them. I can see that he runs the resistor in the reverse/short direction, what would be the brake normally, very short throw before it hits the full throttle bypass. Noticed the full throttle micro switch on Arnolds car too. I have a setup sheet written by Bud and sent out by Parma...not sure if it was in the kit or was sent out later...It explains his ideas in addition to the instructions booklet. I will scan it up and can send it to anyone who might like to read it...cool stuff.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default If interested willing to Sell

Originally Posted by ECHOLogic
Here's a pic of a Delta Super Spyder that I modified several years ago. I do still have the original chassis, front beam, hubs and axle... Plus a few spare parts.

Chris
If anyone is interested I'm willing to sell my 1/12 Super Spyder. PM with your email and I can send you more pictures if your interested.

Chris
Old 07-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ECHOLogic
If anyone is interested I'm willing to sell my 1/12 Super Spyder. PM with your email and I can send you more pictures if your interested.

Chris
PM'ed...
Old 07-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TracySlatten
You should post them up.

I have been looking over the pics on the net to compare different Panther Builds, Buds being one of them. I can see that he runs the resistor in the reverse/short direction, what would be the brake normally, very short throw before it hits the full throttle bypass. Noticed the full throttle micro switch on Arnolds car too. I have a setup sheet written by Bud and sent out by Parma...not sure if it was in the kit or was sent out later...It explains his ideas in addition to the instructions booklet. I will scan it up and can send it to anyone who might like to read it...cool stuff.
Tracy I did the same back in the days of resistors. But; not all the time. On short tracks where I needed more control, I ran them the long(or normal) way. But; on a big track where I could open her up quick, I ran them the short way. Just another way I had to tune the car back in the day.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default Project Euro Panther #3

The parts are back from chroming and powder coat!... The aluminum took a fair bit of work to clean up the newly machine parts from 30 years ago. Took down rough edges and polished up the pod some. You can see the difference in the before and after in the middle pic.
When I assembled the diff, I found some run-out from where the hub sits against diff ring to where the thrust washer rides inside the hub. I had several thrust washers to choose from, blues and blacks, but all of them would rub inside. As the thrust washer would rotate it would bind a little against the hub. I polished the inside to get clearance and things free'd up nicely.
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-euro-panther-nylon-black.jpg   Classic 1/12th-euro-panther-hubs.jpg   Classic 1/12th-euro-panther-diff.jpg   Classic 1/12th-graphite-euro-panther-2.jpg   Classic 1/12th-graphite-euro-panther-3.jpg  

Old 08-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

That is looking awesome, I love the simplicity of the older cars.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by speedy100
Who is running with Gyro in 12 scales ? Any improvement

Don't use the gryo in 12th , it will make car's turning response lazy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.