love the design of the heat sink!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #272
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Do you mean this one?

Attachment 754562
Thats the one,Im looking for results and pictures.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #273
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default To RCBuddha

Wow, nice job finding photos of that car. The paint scheme is very nice looking.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #274
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

http://ww.nashrcracer.com/fortheloveof12scale.htm

I'll see if I can find some of my other stuff...
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #275
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I heard that many years ago there was a race where the racers where all given an off the shelf "Dustbuster" portable vacume. The racers then took it apart to harvest the 4 sub C's and the 540 motor and wired it in their 1/12 cars. Would anyone have any info on that race? Maybe a magazine article?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #276
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
I heard that many years ago there was a race where the racers where all given an off the shelf "Dustbuster" portable vacume. The racers then took it apart to harvest the 4 sub C's and the 540 motor and wired it in their 1/12 cars. Would anyone have any info on that race? Maybe a magazine article?
Yes, that was done at the Cleveland Indoor Championships, not sure what year. Competition Plus did an article on it. I know I have the magazine somewhere, I have so many things to get done that i've promissed.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:47 PM   #277
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm thinking that was 88.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #278
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspeed View Post
Wow, nice job finding photos of that car. The paint scheme is very nice looking.
Thanks, it was a kit that I wish I had purchased...
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 AM   #279
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBuddha View Post
Thanks, it was a kit that I wish I had purchased...
so it's a nice kit??
highhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #280
Tech Addict

I do not remember the year , But i was in that race, We all had to put a dustbuster motor and batt's in are cars and run 8 minutes. There were some very creative people when it came to tweaking the motors, I think we had all one color painted body's with are names on the sides also. But i do not remember who won, But i bet they did not pass tech. LOL

I keep thinking this was not done in cleveland but with one of john thawley's races in detroit somewhere. I could be wrong though.

Mike

Quote:
Old 06-03-2011, 10:07 AM   #281
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock View Post
I do not remember the year , But i was in that race, We all had to put a dustbuster motor and batt's in are cars and run 8 minutes. There were some very creative people when it came to tweaking the motors, I think we had all one color painted body's with are names on the sides also. But i do not remember who won, But i bet they did not pass tech. LOL

I keep thinking this was not done in cleveland but with one of john thawley's races in detroit somewhere. I could be wrong though.

Mike
Never been to a Detroit race, but I was at the 88 race in Cleveland when they did it.......I think either Kent Clausen or Mike Lavacot won the race, but that I'm not for sure on, but definitely Cleveland.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #282
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

I recall a story Louis LeBlanc told me about that race.

apparently the motors were timed to run better in the opposite direction from rc motors.
He had his installed on the left side of the car, said it was definitely faster

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #283
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock View Post

Mike

Mike, it was put on by Ted McCarthy in Grand Rapids at a race called the Winter Champs. I think it was 1989, but I vividly remember you were on pole for the modified race. This was my first national event in RC cars and I had an amazing time. I was in the same main with Vicky and she was only half as tall as me.
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by highhigh View Post
so it's a nice kit??
At the time, I thought it was the "cat's meow". By today's standards, it's crude and poorly executed.
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #285
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Here is my Fiberglass 12L, its almost done, just needs a few more parts replaced, but thought it would be ready to show. I am in the middle of painting a 1/12 McAllister for it, which will be posted up later as a follow up once finished. It has a few more kinks to be worked out but other than that this is how she will look.

Note: Had to make my own diffuser as the Tecnacraft Pod did not have one at the time. And I know the BSR's are not vintage, they were just right to clear the ball joints.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 1/12th-fg-rc12l-3-.jpg   Classic 1/12th-fg-rc12l-2-.jpg   Classic 1/12th-fg-rc12l-1-.jpg   Classic 1/12th-fg-rc12l.jpg  

The Pro-10 Pusher.
drbelleville is offline   Reply With Quote