Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Touring Car carpet tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For something different (I've never run foams, on any car, it's a brit thing ) you could try Sorex 24R's or Pit D20's (Particulary the wet's, if you can find any) they seem to work very well for me.

Regards
Ed
Old 09-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Powerpark- There are now Six Major Tire Companies out and if i am correct they use pretty much the same foam.

T.M. Tires
Jaco Tires
BSR Tires
TRC
CRC
RC4Less

All of the above are high quality tires and you can't go wrong with any of them. Some prefer one company's wheels or slight durometer rating differences to another but they are pretty much the same. Something else to consider is that I've heard different people have had different experiences with tires even during the same season!

Now some other High Quality Tire Companies that come to mind but are not necessarily easy to get in the U.S. are:

Corally
Yokomo

I THINK (not sure) that maybe one reason that nitro tires cost less than standard carpet foam tires is that "some" of the nitro tires may be the "Class A" family of foam that has a LOT of natural rubber in them but as a result they don't generate as much traction maybe, especially on carpet.

Shore ratings tell you softness but they don't tell you the differences in grip characteristics that you might experience between different "families" of tires. You may want to read the T.M Tires thread for some info and also the CRC thread, they have an excellent article about tires.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by JDXray
I think those are outdoor tires.
All the carpet tires are the same as the asphalt tires. With the exception that most gas TC's run 30mm and carpet TC's will run 28mm tires. There is a front purple only tire that is a open cell foam tire that is for gas only. All the carpet foam tires are closed cell tires.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by kufman
I don't know anything about the tires but they seem to be cheap

www.rctexas.com

I found them from the add at the top of this page.
Those are cheap. With that price it won't hurt to try them..................... and let us know how they work...
Old 09-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

I use on my xxx-s, (FAST TYRES) FVX05B 32 SHORE for the rear, and FVX04C 35 SHORE both in 26mm bundles of grip even with no aditive, as we are not permited to use it.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Trakside Trucke

Do you use them on carpet or outdoor ashpalt? If carpet how big is your track?
Old 09-22-2004, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

sorry forgot to mention, it is on carpet called premafelt. Track is about 10 second laps within 5 mins track length about 60ft x 40ft
Old 09-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Wow thanks guy for all the info. I race with a stock motor on carpet with a tc3. I am going to try out Tan and Cyan. But I am also would like to try out off brand tires too. Like twistertire.com , please keep the info flowing, I know this will help out all the racers out there. Tires are a huge tuning option setting up a car. But like most racers out there we dont have the money to try out differnet compounds. That is why this forum is so great.
Thanks again.

Last edited by powerpark; 09-26-2004 at 05:31 PM.