R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2004, 03:33 AM   #16
Tech Champion

I think GP3300 SP2 is 3600 cells ( ROAR legal ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 04:37 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Guys as much as I and others may appreciate your .02 cents please know what the heck your talking about before you speak
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
If you DONT KNOW FOR SURE then please hush.You just make it WORSE than it is.

The SP2 is simply a sticker Orion/Peak applies to their cells.This marks Europe's version of the american "SHORTIE" cell.
Nothing better or anything just smaller to meet some rules.

This is just like trinity when they first came out with the Zebra Wrap saying they were better.Simply a publicity stunt.

dasupacat -What you wanna look for is a cell where the POSITIVE end of the cell has the dimple flush with the top of the cell.This is known as the Shortie cell.This will be your newwest version of the cell.
If the lil nipple or dimple sticks out PAST the top of the cell then it's a older cell.They have a long shelf life but if you want the NEWWEST then yes it's the newwer one's where it's flush.

David-I couldnt have said it better even though I have before.lol
I know some of you may get help from or favor a certain company but it NEVER answers the question the person has asked.

If he wanted to ask what COMPANIES do you recommend then please DROP YOUR NAMES all you want.Till then just answer the damn question and keep your SHOUT OUTs to yourself.

Notice how some guys have names under their post which is their line of sponsors or companies they favor.Thats one thing but to keep dropping names when it has NOTHING to do with the question just STOP please.It's getting REALLY OLD.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:04 AM   #18
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

The "new" short cell started filtering through around about the start of the year - long before Orion started putting the SP2 sticker on them. I think it was the SP sticker back then!
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 10:06 AM   #19
Tech Champion

ooppss..... sorry , I thought GP3300 SP2 is an "excuse name" made by GP to legalize 3600.

Interestingly , IF I remember correctly, the later version could hit 450 sec + @ 30A ( compare to earlier version 420 sec. ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote