R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree40Likes

Old 10-28-2017, 02:12 PM   #961
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Have you tried looking at these carpet setups on Petit RC? There is a rubber tire setup on there from IIC 2005. Might be a good place to start.

XRAY T1FK'05 Setup Sheet & Manual
I actually started with the Joel Myberg set up (well close as I could get with the parts I have), which added the anti dive and a few other things. It helped a lot but since moving to the Hudy C1 tyres (I was given a load of used ones) it's become very prone to hooking in the corners, while being a bit understeery on ashpalt. I'm thinking of getting the fine light blue and blue green springs as they're more in line with the modern spring rates. Worth a shot?
LzREngineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 02:28 PM   #962
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LzREngineering View Post
I actually started with the Joel Myberg set up (well close as I could get with the parts I have), which added the anti dive and a few other things. It helped a lot but since moving to the Hudy C1 tyres (I was given a load of used ones) it's become very prone to hooking in the corners, while being a bit understeery on ashpalt. I'm thinking of getting the fine light blue and blue green springs as they're more in line with the modern spring rates. Worth a shot?
Im not familiar with that car, but there are plenty of things carpet guys do to prevent the issues you're having with the modern chassis. I'm sure someone can help you at the track. Perhaps theres someone that can help you at your track? One thing you can try is gluing the sidewall/seam with super glue. Start with halfway up the side. These two videos have good info on how they do it. You don't need the tire sander device unless you are competing nationally IMO.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH-3WUTL6Ew[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb8p6z33z3A[/YOUTUBE]
Old 10-29-2017, 08:48 AM   #963
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Im not familiar with that car, but there are plenty of things carpet guys do to prevent the issues you're having with the modern chassis. I'm sure someone can help you at the track. Perhaps theres someone that can help you at your track? One thing you can try is gluing the sidewall/seam with super glue. Start with halfway up the side. These two videos have good info on how they do it. You don't need the tire sander device unless you are competing nationally IMO.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH-3WUTL6Ew[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb8p6z33z3A[/YOUTUBE]
I tried the gluing when I was using sorex 28s, it certainly helped but mostly because it reduced front grip a lot, making the car understeer. I'd rather find a way of getting more rear stability and keeping the front solid like it already is.
Iv got a suspicion I'm running way too much Ackerman, I will also try some softer springs on the back although that would give a big difference in spring rates front to rear.
LzREngineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:53 AM   #964
Tech Rookie

Default HPI Pro4 Exotek!

Yes, the good old Lady with Exotek Full Conversion is very competitive!

Car is just amazing! A friend of mine drove my racing car in 13.5t Stock and he's had no problems at all to hold up with the speed of the Xray and Yokomo guys! The car has so much corner speed and good traction and you can feel the advantage of a shaft driven car in and out of the corners. Also, the car is very easy to setup. HPI Pro4 and Exotek is a winner! Pictures of my spare car (for sale)
Attached Thumbnails
Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively-bild1.jpg   Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively-bild2.jpg   Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively-bild3.jpg   Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively-bild4.jpg   Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively-bild5.jpg  

walrusjon and LzREngineering like this.
wildGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:10 PM   #965
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LzREngineering View Post
For carpet, I pretty much always fell back on the the box setup, to the exception of white springs all around and a bit of arm sweep (front inboard toe-out).

Without necessarily gluing the sidewall (although it might help of course), be sure to check the gluing of your four tires after each run. In my experience the rubber gets torn off the rim very easily.