Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Vintage Forum
Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively >

Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively

Like Tree630Likes

Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively

Old 06-13-2016, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

An account on Rctech or posting a YouTube video has nothing to do with creating my lcd mod, buddy... I was also on Rctech with my old Windows98 computer before the tc4 kits came out anyway... Others should know the mod, but not claim it was their idea, which would be theft, just as if I were to now claim that I came up with the tc6.1 swaybar mod: that would be stealing from Desert, even if he gave the knowledge away...
I should not have to explain here, but so many are bent on taking other people's idea and passing it as their own, it's a Shame !!! Remember Facebook....
I guess it's always ok for some to steal, and then change the meaning of stealing... England did ship alot of them somewhere....
Originally Posted by gigaplex
People didn't 'steal' the LCD mod from you. They were doing it before you even created an account on rctech, and even then you were going around telling people they should do it too. It's not stealing if you're giving it freely.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Others should know the mod, but not claim it was their idea, which would be theft, just as if I were to now claim that I came up with the tc6.1 swaybar mod: that would be stealing from Desert, even if he gave the knowledge away...
Says the guy who repeatedly claims the LCD idea was uniquely theirs . Losi parts were frequently interchanged on the TC3 back in the day, it's not a novel idea.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Says the guy who repeatedly claims the LCD idea was uniquely theirs . Losi parts were frequently interchanged on the TC3 back in the day, it's not a novel idea.
The best part is he didn't even try to respond in the TC4 thread because he got the ban-hammer there. It was only about a thousand posts late.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

I can post results of tc4 testing only on the tc4 thread, just like I told the moderator, and he informed everybody there of the same.
You guys are just jealous of me for having more tc4 mods than you will ever have, and all of that from a non engineer...wow...
Cheers, and please work as hard on coming up with more tc4 mods as you do trying to put a brother down.....
Old 06-13-2016, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Exclamation

I can post results of tc4 testing only on the tc4 thread, just like I told the moderator, and he informed everybody there of the same.
You guys are just jealous of me for having more tc4 mods than you will ever have, and all of that from a non engineer...wow...
Cheers, and please work as hard on coming up with more tc4 mods as you do trying to put a brother down.....

DES stop throwing meat in his cage !!!
Old 06-13-2016, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I was just browsing the new posts and this popped up.

You do understand this is a hobby I take it. Based on reading this post, one could assume that you are a 13 year old kid, who's feelings were hurt because another kid had put together a toy Iike yours on the playground.

Regardless of who has the most mods, who gives three "Hamburgers"!!! There were people scratch building rc cars way before, and slowly the ideas started to merge into a standard finished form. How do you think TC evolved to the point where almost every chassis is a carbon copy? People shared ideas, and no one felt like some one was stealing ideas or so called "mods". And don't think for a second that you are the sole innovator on the TC3/4 platform, I am sure another crafty person has done the same across the globe as well!

So in the spirit of enjoying the hobby, of which sharing information and supporting one another is a common theme, let's get back on track. If you happen to not like that someone may have applied your idea to their chassis, then please man up and stop posting your ideas, that way your feelings won't be hurt, and some innocent racer who may have just liked your idea won't be accused of stealing an idea!

Do you have a patent on it? No? Then it's not stolen!

EDIT: I see below now we have moved to preaching, and now I understand that previous attempts to reason with you from other members are befalling a deaf ear, and that you have taken your stand as the Butthurt entitled R/C Brat. Enjoy the TC4 platform that is your "Precious".

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 06-14-2016 at 08:19 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-14-2016, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Patents don't prevent moral theft.... No piece of paper from anyone guarantees authenticity . Only God can judge here , and the sinners know who they are , and what they have done .
If you have no faith, then God help you..... Since you all are not on that moral level, let's move on and agree to disagree......
Old 06-14-2016, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

This is a bizarre thread...

In other news, my good friend TQ'd VTA with his HB TCX a few weeks ago at our local club!

He also has a Pro4 that he dreams of one day getting the Exotek chassis for, if he can find one!
Old 06-14-2016, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tamiya 416WE still good, my daughter currently winning 7 out of 7 races in the 2016 Tamiya Cup Philippines. Not bad for a 7 year old car I bought 3rd hand.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Her 2010 Sakura winning against 2016 Yokomo BD7 and XrayT16s a few weeks back

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I think Matt and I are going to have to search for a permanent babysitt....Mod for the On-Road section.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Tamiya 416WE still good, my daughter currently winning 7 out of 7 races in the 2016 Tamiya Cup Philippines. Not bad for a 7 year old car I bought 3rd hand.

That is one talented lady! I think there will be an attempt at an IFMAR world championship in her future.

Last edited by howardcano; 06-14-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardcano
That is one talented lady! I think there will be an attempt at an EFRA world championship in her future.
IFMAR. EFRA only does the Euros.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW
IFMAR. EFRA only does the Euros.
Post corrected. Fingers will be punished!
Old 06-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

It doesn't matter who has the most mods, or who "came up with them". What matters is who crosses the line first.

Be polite and constructive, or I'm just going to hit the lock button and be done.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.