R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #76
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The problem isn't with the motors or speedos. The problem is cry babies! there's no place for crying in racing of any kind. All that's needed is stock, and mod. If mod is too fast for you, don't run it. If stock is too fast for you, practice to get better or just give up! Seriously, GIVE UP! Going fast around a track takes way more effort than just changing a profile or tweaking a motor. A lot of new guys think that they can put a kit together, load it with the latest and greatest and start winning. WRONG! This topic is so sad. Next thing, guys are gonna want race venues to issue ribbons to all paticipants! "Hey dude, check it out! Peep out my 6th place C-Main ribbon! I would have won, but the marshall took too long to flip me over." Chile Please!
Thunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
It's just a hunch. ROAR paved nats will have no boosted classes. After that it's IIC, and whatever Scotty does will be the way forward. I don't claim to have any insight or ideas about what Scotty will choose, but since it's Vegas, I'd bet on blinky.

Again, this is all opinion. I only gave the thread this title for the shock value. I'm just a nobody bouncing my cars off the boards.
As sctty is one o the main men at ETS and they use 0 timing stock profiles then i am guessing that blinky light stock will be used
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
I see your point Jimmy.
But, how many motors, and Tekins did you need to go from "lost" to "fast" in that timeframe ?

Food for thought
I haven't hurt a motor, or replaced a Tekin since I started nearly 2 years ago.

And yes, Mod 12th is the shizz
I'm still on the same Tekin & motor though I changed when the ION3 came out. My original ION is now running T/C in Jeff Whites GT10. Interestingly enough it is the same ION that I ran two years in a row in RCGT and it has seen a 3 hour T/C Enduro...

And yes 1/12 Mod is the shizz!

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #79

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Sedan accelerate, and brakes harder, 12th scale corner faster, and weigh far less.
Apples to oranges.
what would colin chapman say to this? Hmm.

Cant exactly say that something accelerates/decelerates quicker b/c it has to do so more often each lap.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #80
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post

Blinky non-blinky, I really don't care. just want my track to stay open.
I don't care either, just keep the doors open!!
michael mercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #81
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyZ View Post
agreed. We actually compared laptimes from 17.5 boosted to 10.5 non boosted, the lap times were identical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
I think 17.5T boosted is the perfect middle class, between blinky and mod.

But I will like to mention, that on some tracks you can actually pull same laptimes in 17.5T boosted as modified. That is the case at my hometrack. It is too small to use all the mod powers, and we drive identical laptimes in modified and boosted.

In those cases, you could just have mod and blinky. But I think the general rules should be the 3 classes I mentioned earlier.
I do think 3 classes work, if only because any track can pick two which work for them.
On a bigger track I think 17.5T zero looks slow, but not everyone wants to run mod, for various reasons.

Here it's 10.5T zero right now, and to be honest it's nice, but it's a big track, and while we could run Mod, it's not that sort of field of racers.
To be honest I was not sure about zero anything, but more people just find it easier, so I'm wondering now if timing will die in all but mod.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #82
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I'm just bummed that 17.5 open is being eliminated before I had the chance to race in this class. When I got into this hobby a year and half ago the 17.5 Open class was 'THE' class to race in. I've had my Tekin RS since the start but have mostly been racing in the 17.5 blinky class as it best suits my skill level. I was hoping to move up to 17.5 Open next year but it looks like it'll be 13.5 blinky.

For me it's all about the people that you race with and the competition that it offers. The majority of the fast guys at my local track have already switched their setup to 13.5 blinky in preparations for the upcoming 2011 ROAR Asphalt Nationals at Jackson RC. Our recent trophy race featured the 13.5 and 17.5 blinky TC classes. It was a great event and the feedback from the racers were all very positive. Along with a F1 and mini 4wd class we ended up having 2 mains for the 13.5 blinky and 3 mains for the 17.5 blinky class.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #83
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
0 timing is the way forward for stock

Look at ETS , the stock entry numbers speak for themselves over 200 stock drivers per weekend and they use the Citrix and 13.5v3 motors

If you want to go fast then go Mod !!!!

just my 10cents worth
+100!

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #84
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbunny View Post
The problem isn't with the motors or speedos. The problem is cry babies! there's no place for crying in racing of any kind. All that's needed is stock, and mod. If mod is too fast for you, don't run it. If stock is too fast for you, practice to get better or just give up! Seriously, GIVE UP! Going fast around a track takes way more effort than just changing a profile or tweaking a motor. A lot of new guys think that they can put a kit together, load it with the latest and greatest and start winning. WRONG! This topic is so sad. Next thing, guys are gonna want race venues to issue ribbons to all paticipants! "Hey dude, check it out! Peep out my 6th place C-Main ribbon! I would have won, but the marshall took too long to flip me over." Chile Please!
By your logic shouldn't we just have one class then and if it is too fast just give up? Again, why would you care if a slower class was created? You still have mod. How does it in any way change your experience as a racer? Are you saying you would rather have people quit than have a class appropriate their skill level where they can learn to drive and move up when ready.

As to giving everybody a ribbon where was that suggested anywhere in the tread or is this just strawman of the minute?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

where can i get a ribbon?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Soon, at any race venue, even if your in the C-Main. Just give it a little time
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #87
Tech Master

Quote:
I think I have some in my basement. What do you want? 1st, 2nd or 3rd?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Add the numbers up, you get a 6. Give him all three
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #89
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
Add the numbers up, you get a 6. Give him all three
Awesome
Old 04-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #90
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
0 timing is the way forward for stock

Look at ETS , the stock entry numbers speak for themselves over 200 stock drivers per weekend and they use the Citrix and 13.5v3 motors

If you want to go fast then go Mod !!!!

just my 10cents worth
ETS is spec speedo and motor... that is totally different than ROARs decision to spec speedos settings but all you to run the motor of the week ..
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote