R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-22-2004, 02:46 PM   #106
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The problem I think I am going to have is that with the traction that we have you need to run small tires....most start at 58mm. starting at 58mm you only get a few runs on the tires. Any chances we can have a retooled std size rim for indoor.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:44 PM   #107
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Bob....if every one else at your track is running a 58mm tire then you would need to start at about 59.5mm to have about the same amount of foam on the rim as say a Jaco would cut to 58mm. This is a general rule of thumb that I use.....for me just b/c they are cutting the tire to 58mm doesnt mean to much if I go an cut my tires to that size and I will have less foam on the rim then they do. And the tire will not work the same so I woul just go off of how much foam they really have on the rim not the overall size. I dont think making the rim smaller is a good idea b/c when you go that route then you have to look for clearance issues....and right now these rims fit EVERY car and clear everything. When TM first came out with TC rims they were too small and then Tony made them bigger and the reason he made them bigger was so that they will be able to be used on more cars. How high is the grip at your track that you need to run your tires that small week to week?
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.

Last edited by Kevin K; 10-22-2004 at 03:51 PM.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:10 PM   #108
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default combos

Kevin, yes Cyan frt, and Magenta rear. Fast but very aggressive. Plaid 3/purple works the best for me so far..
Bob, I have not had to re-true my wheels running them at 59mm since I have been using them. Very, very little wear. Try it.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:27 PM   #109
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, thanks for all the tire tips. I'll have to get an order in soon to try these out. Just for clarification, the Plaid2's are like a Cyan or Double Pink/Orage? And Magenta is equivelent to Double Pink? Just trying to get a frame of reference to compare brands (if possible).

Kevin and Rob - I was hoping to attract you guys since I knew you knew AJ's. Thanks for the advise. I look forward to racing with you guys again sometime!
Old 10-22-2004, 04:48 PM   #110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Juan.....Yes the Plaid3 is like a Douple Pink/Orange and Magentta is like a double pink as far as a referance. The Plaid3 and all of the plaid series of tires now feature double blue on the outside edge. I know that we will be out at AJ's a few times this winter whats looking like the big class....19t or Brushless? I know you like brushless and it might be time to get one. Are you racing a Novak system indoors or what are you using?
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:50 PM   #111
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

James- the difference between Blacks and Magentas is both in type and durometer. Blacks come from the foam family that Whites and Grays come from whereas Magentas come from the rubber family that Pinks and Purples come from. Magentas also durometer out to 35's and Blacks are around 40's. On the first page of the thread we tried to summarize the differences and grip characteristics so you might want to check that out also.

Blacks are really smooth on medium bite tracks to me but magentas are faster on low and medium bite conditions in my opion. Where i have been surprised is in how great Purples on high bite tracks can be.
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:37 PM   #112
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kevin - 'Thanks for the info. Too many compounds to keep track of! For AJ's classes, I would say that 19-turn is a safe bet. I don't know that the brushless class has taken off yet, but I haven't been able to race the last 2 weeks. I know AJ got in an order for like six of the Novak systems, so maybe it will take off soon. I don't know how many of those orders were for sedan guys, though, as they are going to be running a brushless class in the oval series this year. I should be out there tomorrow, so I will talk with AJ and see where the class stands. If nothing else, watch the AJ's thread in the racing forum. FYI, I guess there is interest in starting a mod TC class as well. See ya round!

Chuck
Old 10-24-2004, 09:24 PM   #113
Tech Champion

Default My BMI2

here are a couple of pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my bmi21.jpg (148.5 KB, 87 views)
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

Old 10-24-2004, 09:25 PM   #114
Tech Champion

Default My BMI2

another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my bmi24.jpg (152.7 KB, 89 views)

Old 10-24-2004, 09:26 PM   #115
Tech Champion

Default My BMI2

ampther
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my bmi23.jpg (144.3 KB, 85 views)

Old 10-27-2004, 10:47 AM   #116
Super Moderator

Raul that makes me want to get another Mi2!!!! Nice lookin car. Ok I need some tire advice for 1/12 scale. What compounds should I be starting with?
Old 10-27-2004, 06:53 PM   #117
Tech Champion

Default BMI Mi2

Bob, you should have never gotten rid of yours!. 1/12th, I have no experience with TM tires, sorry.

Old 10-27-2004, 10:22 PM   #118
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Purple and gray are always a good place to start for 1/12 stock

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:27 AM   #119
Super Moderator

I KNOW RAUL I KNOW.... I should have just bought the Teemu chassis or the BMI and been done with it. By the way....I will be at the nats.....get ready for the comedy!!!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 08:15 PM   #120
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Raul,

Why is it that you are soooo fast?

Why is it that you never crash?

Why is it that you are soooo cool?

Can I hang out with you?
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote