R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-23-2004, 04:10 PM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

For sedan there is nothing like Paragon on a track that lets you use it. When you cant use it the new Traction Action is good and so is the TQ mod in the purple can. But sometimes your best off running what everyone else is b/c thats whats in the carpet and will most times yeild better results.

Darnold....are you going to Trackside this sunday for the Sizzler?
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:16 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Kev, as of right now i should be there.
Hopefully at least two guys will want to run mod so that i can practice for the Halloween Classic.

If two of the guys who have been running 12th stock ran 12th mod with me (even if they only used a 19t) it would be a blessing and I would ask that Scotty gave them 1st and 2nd based upon their finishing positions with each other (this is assuming that i might win, LOL!!!), of course the more the merry. I just want the practice to test some of the motors and brushes that Brandon is bringing me which is the main reason why i am coming up.

I take it that you will be running, are you going to do mod with Jucha and Timmy?

Burbs- Interesting that you cut the TQ 8 stuff. I have cut Paragon in the past with an ounce of Vanilla and it got rid of the smell and didn't seem to affect the performance. Hey there's an idea, all we have to do is cut the Paragon with Vanilla and we can all use Paragon! LOL!!!

Regarding the Traction Action it seems to me right now that the TQ Purple is the best stuff on non Paragon tracks at the moment, at least at Trackside (which i think uses Dupont Carpet).

Over the past couple of weeks i have done back to back tests and found that TQ Purple (Mod) gives more grip and that being right from the start of the run and it lasts the entire 8 min. as compared to the Traction Action.

Traction Action for me seems to give a little less grip that regular Paragon and it dries out in the tire rather quickly but seems to hold its grip for the entire 8 minutes.

I don't like TQ 8+ (Red) as well as the Purple (Mod) because it doesn't grip as well and it dries out the tire after your race day.
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:25 PM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Hey everyone, what do you think about CRC's Downforce and the Niftech stuff? It's been about 3-4yrs since i tried the CRC Downforce and i have heard some good things about Niftech when used on a track that already has good grip.

Kev, Rob, James, JPH, Burbs, etc.- what do you guys think?
Old 09-23-2004, 05:32 PM   #49
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Dave....I will see you sunday then. Talk to Jucha or James and see if they want to run mod with you...lol. If I can borrow a car and everything from someone I would run with you....lol....like thats going to happen. I doubt that I will run mod TC on sunday. I havent used the CRC stuff and the Niftech stuff I have tried and didnt like it....but I only tried it at one track so thats not a fair test.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:39 PM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

vannilla ehhhhh hmmmmm.....
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:53 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Burb- So you HAVE tried the vannilla in the Paragon trick hey? LOL!

Kev- Yeah, it lonely sometimes being a mod 12th scaler around here, no wait, let's make that trying to be a mod 12th scaler. LOL!!!! Jucha's been working on James to run some mod for club racing for the past three years. With Jame's new Speedmerchant Rev. 4 he's been thinking about it but first and foremost he likes stock. Hey, James is going to be 40 in a couple of months so that means Masters at next years Roar Carpet Nat's, that's going to be cool to watch him wheel in that class with Frank Jr. and the boys.

R King- whazzzz uuuppppp? I don't believe i just pulled that slang talk off. I've been reading to many of your post Rob but you're still better than i am at it, there's something wrong with that on my part. LOL!!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 06:11 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was waiting for the chance to add something here, but you guys are on top of it.

All i can really say, is Paragon works, everything else is trying to live up to the standard. I may have to go to TQ up at trackside. Traction action seems ok, but I find you have to leave it on for quite a bit of time. Lately, though, it seems like you can actually leave it on for too long. i was thinking about this as my car was actually appearing to spin the tires in my second qualifier Sunday....

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:29 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Rob- You, Kev, James, JPH, Burbs, you guys and others have way more that you can offer than i can... sometimes i just have ideas and tests but you guys have experience and answers.

Please feel free to overlap, heck you guys please take over, there is more you guys have to offer. I'm just kinda around but i have some projects coming up starting next week so even my hanging around will get limited. LOL!!!

Rob- Sunday you can use my TQ Mod. Have you made the changes to the HPI 4 yet? Have the tires come in? I have 4-6 sets of Blk/Orng from the Nats still that you can use if your order hasn't come in yet, let me know. - D.A.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:45 PM   #54
Tech Champion

I have tires, but it turns out i can't make it due to a family thing. I'm gonna try to hit RSJ Sat. Enjoy guys

Old 09-23-2004, 08:44 PM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default compound

Quote:
Originally posted by darnold
Speaking of Secret Sauce; what tire traction additive(s) does everyone use and under what conditions?

I know that for carpet Paragon is standard but some places don't allow it due to the wintergreen smell so then you can choose from:

Jack the Gripper
TQ Purple (Mod)
TQ 8+ (Red)
TQ Blue (for rubber tires)
CRC Downforce (nice smell)
Paragon's new "Traction Action" (non-smelling)
Paragon's FX (i'm not sure of the smell)

What do you guys use, how long do you let it sit, and on what carpet (Old Ozite, Ozite 1-came out about two years ago,
Ozite 2-current stuff, Dupont, Primeafelt-is this Ozite?, Unknown Carpet, and Asphalt)?
For carpet I use Niftech, it is odorless, you dont have to wipe it or anything, it air dries, in like two minutes, and for rubber tires I use Trinity's Death Grip. It is a two part solution, also I have tried Red something or other too.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 12:12 PM   #56
Tech Adept

I either use Stick-et or I use the new paragon Traction Action. I have been using that stuff for a couple of months now with great success. I have never used it on carpet, just asphalt, but when I raced with the Silva Twins over winter last season they used it when it was still being formulated, it worked awsome. I didnt have any to run, but going from the regular TQ stuff that everyone else was using, to the paragon TA, the silvas picked up allmost a lap. Not even joking either. It made a big difference.

The TA stuff is a little more temprametal to how long you leave it on, but if done right its just as good as regualr paragon.

If any of you guys have to use the TQ stuff, and want some tricks to make it better send me a PM, and I'll let you know of some things to try.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:16 PM   #57
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

add 25% paragon to it.. works great.. thats the only way i use it...
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:10 PM   #58
Tech Fanatic

JPH and Burb- Great info.

JPH- when the Silva twins went a lap faster was the bite really high (8.5 - 10)? Was there a black groove down or on a scale of 1-10 the traction was around a six or seven which we call good bite around here? Also, what would be the recommended time to leave the TA on? My thought is that letting it sit for 20 minutes as the case has been with me at times is probably not good.

Burbs- So do you think Scotty would allow us to use Paragon if it didn't smell? Say a little vannillaaaaaa BTW, are you going to be at Trackside this Sunday for the Summer Sizzler? If so make sure you come over to where Kevin, Brad the Mad Hurricaaannne and myself will be at. I'm assuming BMcGee and i'm hoping that little fast guy who is growing up (Steve S.) will be there also. I'm still holding out that a couple of guys will have the 12th mod itch and run with me for the fun of it all (and much needed practice/testing on my part, LOL, LOL!!!)
Old 09-24-2004, 05:18 PM   #59
Tech Champion

" I have never used it on carpet, just asphalt, but when I raced with the Silva Twins"

Don't know if asphalt will black groove, but it's interesting to note that TA works on asphalt...

Old 09-24-2004, 08:28 PM   #60
Tech Fanatic

RobK-

"I have been using that stuff for a couple of months now with great success. I have never used it on carpet, just asphalt, but when I raced with the Silva Twins over winter last season they used it when it was still being formulated, it worked awsome"

The Silva's tested during the winter (assume carpet) when TA was being formulated, JPH has been using it the past couple of months (asphalt)...

JPH- What is Stick-it?

How light would everyone say T.M.'s rims are compared to the other manufacturers? Looks like Parma is another major player in the foam tire business. Their rims along with RC4Less and T.M.'s seem to be pretty proprietary but how would everyone rate rims for stiffeness and looks?