R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-16-2004, 06:44 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

rookie...what's up!

Monster stock or Binary Stock....that's it.

take a look around the pits next time your at trackside or rsj....those will be the main motors you'll see.

you might see some epic roar stock motors because i think it's the handout for a few big races and/or the up coming halloween race.

if you want you can buy a monster or binary based stock motor from places like EA, Team 1, Paradigm, Fantom, ect.....for club racing it's all the same to me...i just like Fantoms logo the best! LOL
Old 09-17-2004, 12:31 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't be a hater speedy, I know about the motors & labels pros and cons. I'm just suggesting some numbers so that rookie can make his own sound decision on whats best. Not only that sometimes pro versions are the same prices as the regular ones when they are on sale.. Anyways you shouldn't say "stay away" you should more like say try em all out then make a decision with what works best. After all, what may not work for you speedy might work for rookie. Don't deny rookie the chance to at least check em all out.
Just pick up the most popular one at the track you race at, and ask a lot about tunning and maintenence.

Stay away from trinity "Pro" motors, usually a waste of cash. The dyno numbers (what calstar was saying) rarley mean anything, and the brush hoods are usually always misaligned, and a shimmed motor means they stick one shim in the top and let the com bounce all over .

Best thing you can do is pick up a similar motor from anouther builder, that actually trys to do it right. Fukuyama, Fantom, Paradigm, Team Br00d.....all sell great products, and do a great job trying to tune the assorted Yokomo and Epic motors on the market.

Dont be too concerned with all the mumbo jumbo, just try to learn about keeping the motor in top shape, which is the prime concern in stock racing.

If you havent done so already, then go to Big Jim Greenmeyer's (ex-trinity R/D guy and general jackass we all hate to love) motor Forum and read up http://www.rccars.com/forums/forumd...&forumid=19
He tells it like it is and if you follow his advice you will never be disappointed. You will learn more then you ever even thought existed about R/C motors on that forum. [/B][/QUOTE]
calstarjig90j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 12:33 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I meant to quote speedyjay on my previous post.
Quote:
Originally posted by Speedyjay
Rookie, basically most any of the suggested motors will keep up with the pack, as well as....the Epic P2k2 and Yokomo MVP.

Just pick up the most popular one at the track you race at, and ask a lot about tunning and maintenence.

Stay away from trinity "Pro" motors, usually a waste of cash. The dyno numbers (what calstar was saying) rarley mean anything, and the brush hoods are usually always misaligned, and a shimmed motor means they stick one shim in the top and let the com bounce all over .

Best thing you can do is pick up a similar motor from anouther builder, that actually trys to do it right. Fukuyama, Fantom, Paradigm, Team Br00d.....all sell great products, and do a great job trying to tune the assorted Yokomo and Epic motors on the market.

Dont be too concerned with all the mumbo jumbo, just try to learn about keeping the motor in top shape, which is the prime concern in stock racing.

If you havent done so already, then go to Big Jim Greenmeyer's (ex-trinity R/D guy and general jackass we all hate to love) motor Forum and read up http://www.rccars.com/forums/forumd...&forumid=19
He tells it like it is and if you follow his advice you will never be disappointed. You will learn more then you ever even thought existed about R/C motors on that forum.
calstarjig90j is offline   Reply With Quote