Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Official Team Paradigm Racing Thread >

Official Team Paradigm Racing Thread

Official Team Paradigm Racing Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Cool Gear Ranges

I ordered an Epic Roar Stock and an Epic Chameleon2 for my TC3. I am running a 72 spur. I race on Medium to large asphalt tracks in California. Can you recommend spur gear ranges that would be the most efficient and effective, while keeping the heat to an acceptable level. Also what are the acceptable heat levels on these motors based on 5 minute races.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by HPZ
so that would mean that the postive brush will wear out faster than the negative side am i right? Also why isn't this used on modified motors?
Yes, the positive brush does wear a little faster, but its not a huge difference. Generally after 2-3 races both brushes are flat faced anyways.

Occasioanlly we do use this in modified racing, but it isnt as crucial. In modified you generally spring much stiffer to prevent the brushes from bouncing. In most cases, we run a stiff purple spring on both sides.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hobbyman and John,

Thanks for the complements...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Gear Ranges

Originally posted by svines1972
I ordered an Epic Roar Stock and an Epic Chameleon2 for my TC3. I am running a 72 spur. I race on Medium to large asphalt tracks in California. Can you recommend spur gear ranges that would be the most efficient and effective, while keeping the heat to an acceptable level. Also what are the acceptable heat levels on these motors based on 5 minute races.
Are you running rubber tires or foam?
Old 09-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

also, 48 or 64 pitch? i would assume 48.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

if you feel like switching out your spur, you can gear: 96 spur with a 38 pinion, or right in that range, up or down a tooth. thats with a stock motor, i dont know about 19t
Old 10-01-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Gearing

I am running rubber tires & 48 pitch.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

ok, if you are running the 72 spur, with a stock motor, you should gear

72/28

with the 19 turn, you should gear 72/26

this is according to associateds website. these are ballpark numbers, your motors might run better being geared up or down one tooth. hope this helps
Old 10-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default BLACK MAGIC & TRIBO

Brandon,

I've heard that your "black magic" brushes have Tribo baked into them. If this is true, should I not be using the Tribo drops along with these brushes? Could that much Tribo actually hurt my motors performance? Too much of a good thing?
Old 10-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Brandon,

One more question. Will I harm the chemical make-up of the black magics if I spray out my motor without removing the brushes? I don't like to unseat them unless i'm cutting the comm.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Brandon Rohde
Owner - Team Paradigm Racing

You have PM'S
Old 10-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: BLACK MAGIC & TRIBO

Originally posted by Fuzzy
Brandon,

I've heard that your "black magic" brushes have Tribo baked into them. If this is true, should I not be using the Tribo drops along with these brushes? Could that much Tribo actually hurt my motors performance? Too much of a good thing?
Fuzzy,

At the stock nats, I tried baking the brushes I had there in some Dextron III mixed with some other oils. It was nothing more than messing around... thats how you find out what works and what doesn't. A lot of people thought it was Tribo because it was red, however thats just rumor. If you bake Tribo, it becomes really goey and doesnt work very well at all. So to answer the question, no, there is no Tribo in the brushes. There is however 1 of the same ingredients in a concentrated form that was molded into the brush during manufacturing, however that is my little secret. I cant reveal everything we do on our new products
Old 10-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Fuzzy
Brandon,

One more question. Will I harm the chemical make-up of the black magics if I spray out my motor without removing the brushes? I don't like to unseat them unless i'm cutting the comm.
Depends on the motor spray... I have never had trouble with Fantom, Performance Plus 3, Trinity, or Orion motor spray. None of those seem to harm the brushes. I have ruined some brushes with the Duratrax stuff and the dynamite stuff though, however from what I have heard the forumla was improved on both of these sprays a few years back and they are safe now. I guess I just found what works and go with it My personal preference is the Performance Plus 3 because it has the most air pressure and seems to clean the best because of it. The Fantom stuff is nice though because it doesn't smell as bad as the other sprays.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just to let everyone know, we will be closed next week on Oct. 13-15 (Wed. through Fri.) for the Chicago Hobby Show. If any of you are in the atending, stop by our booth and say hi!
Old 10-05-2004, 07:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 19 turns armature

i received my 19 t armature (top one) put it at in a v2 element and try it out ,but it only makes 26000 rpm not more
after that i try other springs,brushes, then i try it in other motors and other endbels nothing change still aboud same performence
when i try on the track my stock element armature was even beter ,so please give me some advice
i hope you can help me

Ronald Bestman

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.