R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-14-2005, 07:12 PM   #301
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Zac R Send a message via MSN to Zac R

is your drivetrain bound up?no
where did you run it?carpet

dude there has to be somthing with the motor my car roll freely and the diff are as smooth as you can get them

92zero Deisgns
Decals - Clothing - Pit boards - Wraps - Signs - Banners & More
Zac R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:25 PM   #302
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to micros_rock

Quote:
Originally posted by PiNkIsFaSt88
no i was realy geared low
Gearing a motor too low can be just as bad as over gearing it because the motor is running at full RPM for too much.
micros_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 07:40 AM   #303
Tech Adept

I waited 6 months for my order one Monster stock!! Never again!!

Also I know of other guys in the UK who have sent email after email and no one gets back to you... Whats going on guys? sort it out!!

Rick
prodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 07:40 AM   #304
Tech Adept

I waited 6 months for my order one Monster stock!! Never again!!

Also I know of other guys in the UK who have sent email after email and no one gets back to you... Whats going on guys? sort it out!!

Rick
Old 03-15-2005, 11:47 AM   #305
Tech Adept

Default Standard 7*1 Ti Paradigm

Hi guys,

I just received my team paradigm motor, they are a few things I'd like to sort out about it:

-The arm had a lot of play in the can, so I re-shimmed it but then I was wondering if this was made on purpose because its a low-turn motor and that a lot of play helps the motor to run cooler...?

-Is the standard serie ok for touring car racing? I thought the wire was a little thin compared to my other motors so I hope the motor will still have enough torque for sedan racing

-I noticed that there was a lot of varnish (the sort of lube you use on the wires to isolate the wires) at the botom of the armature around the black plastic bit before the long shaft, its the first time I see such a thing, is it normal? does it help cooling?

-There is very little solder on the single wire beneath the comm,will it affect the current flow?

-I appreciated the kevlar wire (green) that goes around the armatures wire, low turn motors can have wires that move cos of the hi inertia, I understand this helps a lot!

I hope you will answer me, I'm not complaining here I just would like to know if any thing sounds suspicious, actually as I live in France the motor limit is 12T so I don't have much experience with low turn motors, I hope you understand and that my english is good enough for you to get what I mean

Hoping to hear from you!

Will
Tbevofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:27 AM   #306
imr
Tech Adept

Default Re: Standard 7*1 Ti Paradigm

Quote:
Hoping to hear from you!
Yeah right.....good luck
I'm hoping for 5 months now
imr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:29 AM   #307
Tech Adept

Good Luck mate!!

R
Old 03-16-2005, 10:40 AM   #308
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to j21moss

there's more action on this thread than at the place of business
j21moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #309
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Re: Standard 7*1 Ti Paradigm

Please see my responses to each of your questions below in red:

Quote:
Originally posted by Tbevofreak
Hi guys,

I just received my team paradigm motor, they are a few things I'd like to sort out about it:

-The arm had a lot of play in the can, so I re-shimmed it but then I was wondering if this was made on purpose because its a low-turn motor and that a lot of play helps the motor to run cooler...?
On modified motors, a small amount of play is a good thing, as long as it is too much. Too little play will cause the bearings to bind up, therefore reducing RPM and increasing temperature.

-Is the standard serie ok for touring car racing? I thought the wire was a little thin compared to my other motors so I hope the motor will still have enough torque for sedan racing
Yes, the standard series is a great touring car motor. This is the same motor that we used for our team to take 4th place at the US Touring Car Championships by Brian Jucha. The thinner wire will actually give you quicker spoolup and more torque. This is because of less rotating mass. Efficiency will drop slightly, so on the 7x1 motor the wire is not overly thin.

-I noticed that there was a lot of varnish (the sort of lube you use on the wires to isolate the wires) at the botom of the armature around the black plastic bit before the long shaft, its the first time I see such a thing, is it normal? does it help cooling?
This is actually epoxy, which is what holds the wires from flying apart. On low turn modified armatures, we double dip them in the epoxy to give them greater strength. This will help the motor keep its balance throughout its life as well as reduce the possibility of failure.

-There is very little solder on the single wire beneath the comm,will it affect the current flow?
No, this will not effect the current flow. As long as there is a solid contact, a large amount of solder is not needed. Less solder will help reduce weight, therefore giving quicker spoolup, however this difference is negligable.

-I appreciated the kevlar wire (green) that goes around the armatures wire, low turn motors can have wires that move cos of the hi inertia, I understand this helps a lot!
The kevlar wrap actually helps keep the comm from pulling apart rather than the wires moving. On high RPM motors, there is a better chance of the comms pulling apart under high heat or stress.

I hope you will answer me, I'm not complaining here I just would like to know if any thing sounds suspicious, actually as I live in France the motor limit is 12T so I don't have much experience with low turn motors, I hope you understand and that my english is good enough for you to get what I mean

Hoping to hear from you!

Will
I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Last edited by Brandon Rohde; 03-16-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Brandon Rohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:59 AM   #310
Super Moderator

For the people who have had a lack of response:

We now have our new email system up and running, which is making email much more efficient and easier to keep up with. You should recieve responses now within 24-48 hours. We also have more staff members working now, so during our phone hours you should be able to get someone no problem. If you continue to have issues, then please email me personally at [email protected] with your concerns.

As for those people who are waiting, we had some issues we had to work out with our suppliers, which appears to be cleared up now. We recieved a batch of EPIC ROAR stocks today, and will have backorders filled shortly as well as inventory for new orders. Monsters are also on their way, and P2K2's are not far behind. We also got word that our V2's are finally coming in as well, so those will be available about a week after they arrive, we just need time to get them wound and assembled.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will get back to you in a timely manner. Please note however, that you must put a descriptive subject in the subject field. Emails with a blank subject or general phrases such as "Hello" will be caught by our spam filter. I would rather not use a spam filter, however we recieve over 2500 spam emails a day, and it is crucial for is un order to keep up with legitimate emails.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:05 PM   #311
Super Moderator

For anyone who had sent an email to us before 3/10/2005 and did not recieve a response, we ask that you please resend the email. Our new email system is working MUCH better and we have had excellent turnaround time on emails since its installment.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:34 AM   #312
Tech Adept

Default Standard 7*1 Ti Paradigm

Thanks for replying!!!

Everything is clear now, could you just tell me if a 9.2 FDR is a good starting point for gearing?

How high (big pinion) can a 7T be geared? 8.6, is it ok?

Thanks again!!
Tbevofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:13 PM   #313
imr
Tech Adept

hi Brandon,

got your mail.

Still have to be patient for the rest of my order, but at least I know now that it will be delivered when available.
imr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 04:00 PM   #314
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Are these guys still in business? Almost everything on the website is OUT OF STOCK!! I'm not talking just motors.
sdmlsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:39 AM   #315
Tech Elite

I know the distributors never have enough in stock. They order like 500 motors and they ship only 200. Since a lot of the stuff is made overseas, there is a lag from the time you order it until the time it is actually received.

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote