R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-11-2004, 12:37 AM   #136
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by MrRolla
My motors turned up today, all i can say is WOW im very impressed with the professionalism in which the motors are sent to customers...

I cant wait to use the motors, and i WILL be buying from you guys again...

Keep up the goodwork..

Dave
Dave,
Thanks for the complements. I'm glad the motors are working well for you Let me know if there is anythung further we can help you with.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:39 AM   #137
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by EngTat
hi i got 2 motors from team paradigm, does dyno sheet tell us anything??? my team paradigm motors doesnt come with 1. wat is the the diffrent from binary2 and binary? thanks
Our latest batch of motors have the dyno results printed right on the motor. We are trying this instead of the sheet to see what customers think. The advantage is that you will always know the specs of each motor versus having to remember which sheet goes with which motor.

The difference in the two motors mentioned above is that the Binary2 is a quad magnet stock motor, and the Binary is a quad magnet modified motor.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:41 AM   #138
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by dubble-m
Hey Brandon,

I recently got your hi-temp motor spring kit and I'm wondering what tensions the springs are? Some of them are extremely stiff and I can't get a good reading on the Fiddlestick because they read beyond the tools measurement. Are they stiffer than the Trinity springs? I would appreciate any info you could provide me.

BTW, keep up the good work! Every time I've ordered something the turn-around has been super quick! Great job!

Thanks,

MM
MM,

The high temp springs are stiffer than the Trinity springs because they are designed for modified racing. The silver spring is somewhat equivilent to a Trinity purple, the red is a little stiffer, and the black is really stiff. Normally, we run the red springs.

Glad you are happy with our service As always, let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:10 AM   #139
Tech Adept

Mr. Rohde,

Setup that FTP, also just as a reminder.....

Epic Roar Stock
Black brushes

Let me know if you need my address again.

I'm ready to upload your files just need the site.

Thanks,

Ron M
Matteucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:43 AM   #140
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon Rohde
Just letting everyone know, we recieved our latest batch of the Black Magic brushes. We updated a few minor things for this batch, and the results were awesome!
Does that mean the 20 pairs I bought when they first came out are not awesome?!
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:48 AM   #141
Super Moderator

Rod_B,

Nope... the brush itself is the same, just some minor changes in appearances to make it stand out more
Old 10-11-2004, 12:04 PM   #142
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default glitching

In was wondering if you guys had any problems with your new black brush causing glitching..
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:22 PM   #143
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
C2's

I saw on the website that the Epic C2 based 19turns are out of stock. Any idea on when they will be available again? Would you have them at your booth at the Chicago Hobby Show this weekend (I think I saw Paradigm listed)? Also, any plans to sell a Reedy Quad-Mag based 19turn? Thanks for the help!
Old 10-11-2004, 04:32 PM   #144
Super Moderator

Default Re: glitching

Quote:
Originally posted by AARON YOUNG
In was wondering if you guys had any problems with your new black brush causing glitching..
Aaron,

No, the brushes will not cause glitching. The only reason a brush could cause glitching would be if it was getting hung up, which would be a brush hood problem.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:33 PM   #145
Super Moderator

Default Re: C2's

Quote:
Originally posted by Juan Valdez
I saw on the website that the Epic C2 based 19turns are out of stock. Any idea on when they will be available again? Would you have them at your booth at the Chicago Hobby Show this weekend (I think I saw Paradigm listed)? Also, any plans to sell a Reedy Quad-Mag based 19turn? Thanks for the help!
I am hoping that we get some C2's in stock before the show. If not, we will have them very shortly after the show. We will be there, and we will take pre-orders and still honor our special show prices if you would like. We have the Reedy Quad Mag 19's on order also, but they will not be here before the show.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:18 PM   #146
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

Brandon,

I have a motor question. Could you essentially "shave" a standard brush to make the face portion of it round like a V2 brush. Like the first 1/4 of the brush is shaved round. Or just round the corners so it isn't so square? Would that begin to take on the characteristics of a V2 brush?

-Thanks!

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:50 AM   #147
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mafiaracers
Brandon,

I have a motor question. Could you essentially "shave" a standard brush to make the face portion of it round like a V2 brush. Like the first 1/4 of the brush is shaved round. Or just round the corners so it isn't so square? Would that begin to take on the characteristics of a V2 brush?

-Thanks!
mafiaracers,

If you shave the edges of the brush to make it round in shape, it will create a smoother transition from each pole on the commutator, thus creating less of an arc. This will essentially make the motor more efficient and the brushes will last longer. The only downfall is that you are making each transition come on smoother, thus making the motor loose torque and overall power. This effect can be seen on the V2's... they are extremely efficient, however the torque and power is lacking compared to a D5 or TI based motor.

In regards to taking on characteristics of the V2, making a standard motor brush round will act similar. The overall effect will not be as great though because the brushes will still be able to bounce more than what a V2's brushes do. If you want to increase comm/brush life even more and get even more efficiency, try shaving off all 4 edges to make a triangle on each side of the brush, or a diamond shaped brush. This will create a more linear transition from each comm segment versus an exponential transition as seen with a round brush. The reason nobody sells a brush like this though is because its not going to be very fast. In 1/12th scale mod however, we have made some brushes like this when runtime was a major issue.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:34 AM   #148
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Brandon,
Thanks for all the great products. I run your RM and P2K for my stock classes and I use your Tribo and your new Black Magic's(WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY...My dyno says it increased 1000 rmp with those brushes....THATS JUST PLAIN SILLY), all of your products are top notch and your service is impecable. I do think you get reamed too much for the lack of email responce. I haven't had an issue.....I actually listened and called instead of emailing. Oh your crew on the phone is top notch also. Matt has always helped me out, even spent a couple of minutes giving a little advice. GREAT JOB, KEEP IT UP.....Oh are you planning on RCX again.....It was how I heard about you.....hint hint nudge nudge.
Thanks Agian
Stephen.
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:20 PM   #149
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Halo i used team paradigm stock motors, and i like it so much
now i am interested of mods, i have a few questions:
wat motor should i use from u guys, and are those can from V2, Kr, Ti Pt, binary and D5 make a lot of diffrent??? could u explain a lilttle wat are their advantages??? which motor can rev the fastest from mid~to top?
short, techinical & high grip track which motor?
long & fast sweeps + high grips tracks which motor?

thanks, engtat
EngTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:50 PM   #150
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

brandon- you are way to smart dude! lol