Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 01:47 AM   #106
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

what's wrong with trickle charge?
Old 08-07-2002, 03:49 AM   #107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

i think nimh cells may be damaged by trickle charge, especially if left on for too long
Old 08-07-2002, 07:19 AM   #108
Tech Adept

I am looking at getting a new charger at the moment. I really like the look of these Integy ones, only problem is that I live in the UK and nobody either imports or sells them.

What sort of a price would I be looking at for one of the new 16x5v6 or 16x7 chargers (perferably in sterling) if I bought one from Speed Tech? What would the delivery time be like?
Old 08-07-2002, 08:47 PM   #109
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: 16 X5, and 16 X9

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies

Congrats.. you found the secret to turning off trickle..

If you think the 16x7 is good. check out this link to the new 16x5 V6.0 it will be alot better. built in Torpedo function and more...
http://www.integy.com/charger.htm

What does torpedo function do?

Thank you.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:39 PM   #110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't been on here in a few days, I took a little break

STLNLST,

No TCS??? Well, one less car for me to loose to in mod GT1 class

Nate,

Those items are not available to us yet from RCLab, but as for the civic hatchback, you're in luck, I got just two of those in stock right now from Frewer, give me an email through the website if you're interested in them.

wyd,

I'm sorry to hear what happened to your package. UPS's been good the past two years, but every now and then, they screw up too. I list almost all the parts I stock online, but if there is something you need and is not listed, give me an email, I can always order them for you.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:40 PM   #111
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

Speed Tech R/C officially turned 2 years old this month, and to celebrate, we are giving away 2 brand new car kits to two lucky customers that orders from us this month:

1st Prize: A brand new Schumacher Mission S1 chassis kit

2nd Prize: An unique Cross Fire Force pan car chassis kit

Thank you all for your support in this past two years, and we look forward to serving you in years to come

Sincerely,

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 08-07-2002, 11:04 PM   #112
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Speed Tech R/C officially turned 2 years old this month, and to celebrate, we are giving away 2 brand new car kits to two lucky customers that orders from us this month:

1st Prize: A brand new Schumacher Mission S1 chassis kit

2nd Prize: An unique Cross Fire Force pan car chassis kit

Thank you all for your support in this past two years, and we look forward to serving you in years to come

Sincerely,

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
So Steve, if I order a Mission and win a Mission, can I return the one I bought? j/k

Congrats on turning 2 yrs old.
Old 08-07-2002, 11:26 PM   #113
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: 16 X5, and 16 X9

Quote:
Originally posted by rcruv

What does torpedo function do?

Thank you.
This is from the Integy website:
"Increase battery pack overall power. INDI Torpedo Battery Booster (Big Jim's description) works in a totally different way than xapping does. This is why it works great for spec packs too, where you can't get to the ends of the cells. It works AFTER the pack has been fully charged. You just charge your pack and hook it up to the Torpedo. Then it does it's thing and it lets you know when it's done, in about 5-10 minutes. Then disconnect and go race. This is the last step before the track. You CAN'T repeak on a normal charger but you can do the Torpedo thing again if too much time has elapsed until you race. However, we suggest using this unit only right before you race. The unit is designed for high power sub-C size battery, (never use it on smaller battery packs) 4 to 7 cells, Ni-Cd or MH packs, will not hurt battery or reduce battery life, high current pulse formulated to lower battery internal resistance, expectional punch and top speed for the first 2-3 minutes of racing "
Old 08-07-2002, 11:43 PM   #114
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 16 X5, and 16 X9

rc-zombies > Thank you so much. I'm definately buying new 16x5 6.0. I missed profile memory function so much. And cut off after charge.

speedtechrc > Congratulations! Your website is one of the best in the business. I love those ti pinion gears and input shaft a lot.

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies

This is from the Integy website:
"Increase battery pack overall power. INDI Torpedo Battery Booster (Big Jim's description) works in a totally different way than xapping does. This is why it works great for spec packs too, where you can't get to the ends of the cells. It works AFTER the pack has been fully charged. You just charge your pack and hook it up to the Torpedo. Then it does it's thing and it lets you know when it's done, in about 5-10 minutes. Then disconnect and go race. This is the last step before the track. You CAN'T repeak on a normal charger but you can do the Torpedo thing again if too much time has elapsed until you race. However, we suggest using this unit only right before you race. The unit is designed for high power sub-C size battery, (never use it on smaller battery packs) 4 to 7 cells, Ni-Cd or MH packs, will not hurt battery or reduce battery life, high current pulse formulated to lower battery internal resistance, expectional punch and top speed for the first 2-3 minutes of racing "
Old 08-08-2002, 05:17 AM   #115
Tech Addict

Default Torpedo

The way I understand it, it dishcarges your pack for a few minutes then charges it up again. This works great for me although I don't have one. I just discharge on my 16 X 5, then charge .

This does work, it gest the stuff going in the cells like taking them off fresh from the charger.

I have found I get better voltage if I charge my packs the day before the race, then discharge a little before repeaking just before the race. Even better than if I charge them the same day as the race (just before) without repeaking.

I am still working on discharge time (30 seconds) and current (20 amps) right now. I am trying different rates and times.

I have also found if I discharge my packs to 5.6v right before I charge them they take a charge better. It does the same thing, it gets the stuff in the cell going. sort of wakes the cells up.

To avoid false peaks, You can charge a pack for a few minutes, dishcarge it, then charge it again and it will not false peak. At least it works for me. I don't think chargers false peak, batteries do, although the VESC featrue definatly helps packs not false peak.

David Root
Old 08-08-2002, 09:46 AM   #116
Tech Champion

Hi guys,

Thanks for the congrats

A note on the 16x5 6.0 charger, we were suppose to get them in stock last week, but during testing the integy drivers ran into a little bit of a problem with one of the functions so they are taking care of that right now. The charger should be available soon.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 08-08-2002, 10:14 AM   #117
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi Steve...

If you're selling it a few dollars cheaper than what Integy is selling it for. can I pre-order one from you... and I'll cancell my order w/integy. I'd rather order from you.
I want to get the 16x5 V6.0 with 14A power supply.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:32 PM   #118
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Thanks Steve. Even the best like UPS has a bad package delivery every now and then.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:01 PM   #119
Tech Champion

wyd,

Thank you for your patience and understanding

rc-zombies,

On items like charger, we usually sell it for at least $10-15 cheaper than their website

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 08-09-2002, 01:24 PM   #120
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

We got more Protoform 2.0 stratus body in stock. This body is said to be an overall better body than the old stratus

We also updated the website with more Tamiya parts for the 414M2 and hop-up parts for F201

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Closed Thread