Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tc3 roll bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default tc3 roll bar

i think i'm going to get the team associated roll bar kit for my tc3 but before i do i'm wonder if i need to get one for the front and one for the back or both? what ecxactly does it do? and does thickness matter? my suspenshion now is really good i'm very happy with it so now i need a roll bar to make it perfect!
Old 09-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

A roll bar decreases the amount of weight transfer and side bite in the corner. If one is on the front it will limit the roll in the front and at the same time transfer some of that weight to the rear in the corner.. If both are used and are the same thickness it will help decrease roll at both ends and help eliminate traction roll. Basicly you want to put one on the opposite end that you need more body roll or side bite on in the corners on. A larger bar will lessen the roll more than a thin one. On some low traction surfaces a roll bar is not needed when you need all of the traction side bite you can get.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

i run on smooth asphalt, so should i get one for the front end or back end the turns on the track i race are semi tight?
Old 09-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Its generally good to have both in case you need to run them on front and rear. Remember though, you usually lose grip on whatever end you put them on. Asphalt tracks generally don't need anti-roll bars unless there is a ton of grip, usually from a surface prep such as VHT.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

I would invest in the rool bars. I would also Buy the xxx-main tuning guide it has alot of great info in there.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

So bottomline is that its BEST to use the roll bar/sway bar both in front and rear of you TC to attain better performance on the tracks...