servo help!!!!

Old 09-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default servo help!!!!

Ok this is the deal I spoke to a tech at lrp/Asscioated and told him i had glitching problems between the ESC and my stearing servo. I have a xray evo 2 quantom competition 2 and a hitec ultra speed hs-925mg servo. He said that the esc 's programing is too complexed for the servo..... Weather he is pulling my leg I cant tell you. But I will say when I switch the servo to a crap plastic one the problem goes away..... has anyone else had this problem? are hitch servo's crap? and which high speed servo's Do you recomend ? Keep in mind I want to stay out of the digital stage , or should I...... please give me ya thoughts and what combo's you preferr..... THANKS!!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

I use novak speedos gt7's. I tried a couple of hitech servos in my tc3 and my 12th scale and both had glitching problems. I never figured out what the problem is I just switched servos and the problem has never returned.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I had a problem with my Airtronics digital causing a glitch in my FTTC3. I use a Novak speedo with Airtronics radio gear. Switched to an analog Airtronics servo, and no more glitch. I sent the servo in to have it checked, and they replaced a pot but also said it worked fine. I was also told to call them and they would tell my why sometimes digital servos can cause glitches. I tried once, but they close early.

Bottom line is there might be some truth to what they are telling you. I have a 5925 and I have not had glitching probs with it as of yet.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

so what do you guys think for a real good and quick servo
Old 09-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you want analog, then get an airtronics 94357 or a used 94257. Both are lightning fast, and plenty strong enough to handle anything.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

I don't encounter glitching problem with my FT TC3 using a futaba S9550 servo.. Have you tried using futaba servos?..
Old 09-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ALBERTO
so what do you guys think for a real good and quick servo
Personally, I have had great success with my KO PDS 2123. But as long as you stay with good brands like Airtronics, KO Propo, Futaba etc., I dont think it can go really wrong.

Once I had a similar problem with a not so well-known servo - the LHS turned out with great service, and took the servo back and sold me a KO, where he only charged me for the difference between these two servos. I also got 10% discount on the KO. Bottum line: In your case, I would definately use an LHS instead of an on-line shop.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

check out the JR Z590M, quick, metal geared and cheap, $40
Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2004, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Cool

Originally posted by lastplace
check out the JR Z590M, quick, metal geared and cheap, $40
Thats the one i'm running in my car now with no problems, in fact thats the one that came with the radio when i bought it. just looking for a bit faster then that. thanks thought. Think i'm going to try what the guy's say and look at the big names. guess hitec aint 1 or them!!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Some people have great luck with Hitec servos. But in these forums, there's also contantly people crying over them...
Old 09-14-2004, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey alberto, now you know why i didnt want that hitec you wanted to sell me, lol. Goodluck with the glitching problem, i cant remember you glithing on saturday if you were. I think my next servo is gonna be Ko Propo servo and ESC. Want to try something different. Hope it goes well.

-Jon
Old 09-14-2004, 06:42 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have been using a LRP Comp for a couple years now with Hitec servos..

HS-5925
HS-5945
HS-925
HS-245
HS-5245
with no issues.....

However, I have seen a few guy have problems with the BEC circuit of the LRP Comp.(several brands of servos)

There have been several of the local guys have issues with PT's counting & the LRP Comp.

They added a CAP to the Rx and it helped..(stutter stopper)

Not saying this is your issue 100%, but just a thought......
Old 09-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDXray
hey alberto, now you know why i didnt want that hitec you wanted to sell me, lol. Goodluck with the glitching problem, i cant remember you glithing on saturday if you were. I think my next servo is gonna be Ko Propo servo and ESC. Want to try something different. Hope it goes well.

-Jon
jon that because i'm using the jr servo now...... now ya sure ya dont want the hitec real cheap almost free 99
tres: thanks for the input. there are the things i tried to do to get the stutter to stop 1 add a cap helped but not much 2 which helped a lot shorting the fricking long a$$ servo wires. this was like night and day, but still not perfect. 3 Which was the best move swooped servo"s lol
Old 09-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

What type of radio are you useing. If it is "am" then that is your main problem right there.
Chris
Old 09-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

JR XS3 SYNTHESIZED!!!!!! ALL FM BABY THANKS FOR THE HELP THOUGH

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.