Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Old 08-08-2015, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Using the RSD Lightweight suspension on a 6.2, what should the spacing be in front and behind the arms? I've shimmed mine to approximately the same positions as the stock arms, but I'm not sure if that's a good place to start or not. I have something on the order of 6mm ahead of the front arms with 3mm behind and 3mm in front of the rear arms with 6mm behind.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
Order placed for the new ones. We have a few low grip tracks over here so something with more bite would be awesome.

I've just started playing around with the Xray PSS progressive insets too, which have potential. I think it makes sense to use a progressive spring with these, so will try them with your silvers.
PSS is inside my shocks, too. Performs and harmonizes well with Christians springs
Old 08-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cristain, Any idea when the aluminum chassis will be avail again? Might want to get one for Snowbirds.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default TC6 Advice

Guys,

I have an TC6 and was wondering what upgrades I could do until I can afford a new TC kit. I currently run the RSD springs and bladders. I need some help you experts please.
Thanks
Old 08-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Features
Cristain, Any idea when the aluminum chassis will be avail again? Might want to get one for Snowbirds.
I have several options right now for you. Contact me at the store and I should be able to take care of you on chassis. We are making them custom now, so I can give you the options best suited for your application if we discuss it.

Nutdriver, your spacing sounds about right. I usually run maybe a little longer in the rear like 5mm behind the hinge pin. But you are in the ballpark.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chief
Guys,

I have an TC6 and was wondering what upgrades I could do until I can afford a new TC kit. I currently run the RSD springs and bladders. I need some help you experts please.
Thanks
Is this the original tc6? One upgrade that could be good is a narrower chassis. We no longer have the steering bellcranks in stock, but we do have chassis and servo mounts for the floating steering. Thisbis a pretty big imrovement for the car.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yes it the original TC6. I will checkout the parts you recommend.
Thanks
Old 08-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I have several options right now for you. Contact me at the store and I should be able to take care of you on chassis. We are making them custom now, so I can give you the options best suited for your application if we discuss it.

Nutdriver, your spacing sounds about right. I usually run maybe a little longer in the rear like 5mm behind the hinge pin. But you are in the ballpark.
Cristain, Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll re-engage with you when the time gets closer. I'm currently deployed to the CENTCOM AOR on deployment (US Navy).
Old 08-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Had another fun day with the LCG chassis for the T4'15. I finally arrived in the 11.4s laptimes.
Today it was around 10 degrees Celsius colder than the days before. The car worked still very nice. Just all its aggressiveness was gone. The rear was planted. Over the day I reduced the rear toe from 2.5 to 1 degree and the rear was still a little to good and I missed middle rotation.
I will try rollbars and springs again next time if this behaviour stays...
Old 08-16-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Here my setup for the tuned T4'15 on asphalt:

Old 08-16-2015, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Would be nice to have on like that to print for the 6.2.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Dale, you have the old springs. These are slightly different, they are made from different wire this time around. The spring feels like it generates more bite and more corner speed. We are even using them on carpet now.
Does this mean that if I order some of the progressive springs now (I have all of them so far) they'll actually be different from what I already have, and is it all of your springs that have changed?

Skiddins

P.S. Will you ever manufacture the wide axles for your CVD's again. I prefer them
Old 08-19-2015, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Old 08-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Damian, the new progressive and linear springs are different. The linear springs are same design, but new batch, so they are just a bit different. The new progressives are all new and improved. They use different wire and slightly different coil pattern. I have gotten nothing but positive reviews on them, carpet and asphalt, people feel they gain grip and response. To me the car feels like it is going in fast forward while everything else stays slow. It is wild.

No plans to make the other axles right now, unfortunately. Business is far too slow to be able to justify the added cost.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Ran the RSD Lightweight Suspension for the 6.2 yesterday. Broke two C-hubs that I think the stock parts would have survived. Put on the Tuning Haus aluminum C-hubs for the 6.2. Have to say that I'm disappointed with the (lack of) durability of the c-hubs included with the kit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.