Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

How is the touring car body coming along? Same thing as the 1/12 scale body?
Old 08-27-2014, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The sedan body is a little bit behind, but getting close. The shaping is essentially done on the prototype mold, we just have to get the production one done.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

What characteristics does this body offer, or compare it to a current well known body (LTC-R, or the Speed 6)
Old 08-27-2014, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Well, the way I conceptualized it is a body that has more high speed stability and quicker rotation.

If I were to compare it to other bodies, it would be difficult, because the changes we made to the body are pretty radical when you look at the measurements compared to other bodies out there. We went with a longer front window for high speed stability and better low speed steering. We also made a shorter rear deck for better rotation. The front end is pretty smooth, so that the steering response is very balanced. The rear wing is moved very far back, but so is the rear bumper, so that it can meet GBS rules.

The results are awesome so far on carpet. It is consistently 1 tenth faster than any other body I have tested. It is quite awesome to just swap and find a tenth. I thought this was due to the featherweight body, but the regular weight prototype body is still faster than the other bodies I have compared it to.

I feel this body shines in 3 ways over the MS6/LTC, montech nazda2/3, GX, etc.
1.high speed corners: the body is super predictable and very planted at high speed. I feel much more confident with it and this allows me to push the car harder and drive closer to the walls without freaking out. In high speed chicanes/ left to right transitions, the car is much more composed.
2.low speed steering: while the car is very neutral at higher speeds, when you slow down, the turn in is very high, but very linear.
3.rotation: when you have a medium or small radius corner the car just rotates faster without losing rear grip. You can actually feel the car carrying more corner speed. It is actually pretty wild.

I have not gotten to test on asphalt much, but hopefully I will soon. I do know that for carpet, this body will be very successful. The time sheets do not lie, and over 6 minutes i typically pick up about 5 seconds instantly. It is awesome.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Well, the way I conceptualized it is a body that has more high speed stability and quicker rotation.

If I were to compare it to other bodies, it would be difficult, because the changes we made to the body are pretty radical when you look at the measurements compared to other bodies out there. We went with a longer front window for high speed stability and better low speed steering. We also made a shorter rear deck for better rotation. The front end is pretty smooth, so that the steering response is very balanced. The rear wing is moved very far back, but so is the rear bumper, so that it can meet GBS rules.

The results are awesome so far on carpet. It is consistently 1 tenth faster than any other body I have tested. It is quite awesome to just swap and find a tenth. I thought this was due to the featherweight body, but the regular weight prototype body is still faster than the other bodies I have compared it to.

I feel this body shines in 3 ways over the MS6/LTC, montech nazda2/3, GX, etc.
1.high speed corners: the body is super predictable and very planted at high speed. I feel much more confident with it and this allows me to push the car harder and drive closer to the walls without freaking out. In high speed chicanes/ left to right transitions, the car is much more composed.
2.low speed steering: while the car is very neutral at higher speeds, when you slow down, the turn in is very high, but very linear.
3.rotation: when you have a medium or small radius corner the car just rotates faster without losing rear grip. You can actually feel the car carrying more corner speed. It is actually pretty wild.

I have not gotten to test on asphalt much, but hopefully I will soon. I do know that for carpet, this body will be very successful. The time sheets do not lie, and over 6 minutes i typically pick up about 5 seconds instantly. It is awesome.
REALLY looking to testing with it then! Hopefully it becomes available soon, just in time for carpet season? What is the weight compared to other bodies (for example a regular weight ltcr is about 95 grams unpainted and ready to race (wing etc). How does the regular weight body weigh out? Also how is the durability of the lightweight body?
Old 08-27-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

I don't have exact numbers, but the regular weight is around 100-105g and the featherweight is 75-80g. Ready to race with paint. This is an estimation.

The featherweight is fairly durable, but it is an all out performance body, so it should not be expected to last forever. The regular weight is more in tune with what is in the market.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I don't have exact numbers, but the regular weight is around 100-105g and the featherweight is 75-80g. Ready to race with paint. This is an estimation.

The featherweight is fairly durable, but it is an all out performance body, so it should not be expected to last forever. The regular weight is more in tune with what is in the market.
alright, thank you got the information! Hopefully it will be ready to go soon!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

I ran the rsd suspension set on my car tonight. I also ran the rsd top deck for the tc 6.2 it ran very well. I used the same set up as I had minus the wheelbase setting I went with the setting Christian had posted for just that setting. I was turning a fairly consistent 7.9 with some more time I feel like i could go 7.8. The car before was "lazy" through the entire corner. Now it's nice and reactive. Before I would get close to the corner and have to start turning now at say a 90 deg corner I would now turn somewhere more at the beginning to middle of the corner a safe distance from the board and maintain the same line. Also I had an abundance of steering when I was setting up the steering I only got about 19 deg of throw each way. I'm thinking there is NO way this is going to turn. wrong answer I had to turn down my steering more. Overall very happy with the system I am extremely pleased with the sway bar system much better than stock in my opinion. Definitely not worried about breaking c hubs every time I tap the wall now! Plus my cars about 15 grams lighter from the parts! So that's a good deal. I was also running their aluminum chassis. And steering modification. Oh I also used Christians arm shock locations.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Awesome news!
Old 08-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Question. 1st. time owning a Touring Car TC6.1 beside our 1/8 scale GT VE racing. My issue I love how off power steering rotation of an 8th scale like my Inferno GT2 VE and I can't get use to on power steering of a TC with a lock front spool design. If I purchase one of your fine Gear Diff and replace it up Front of the TC6.1, can I get the same effect of off power steering like my 8th scale ?
Old 09-02-2014, 02:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I ask as a hint, does anyone make a lower belt tensioner for the TC6.2? I've just fitted the AE upper tensioner and would really like a lower one that doubles as either the antenna holder or servo mount.

M.Ellis
Old 09-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
I ask as a hint, does anyone make a lower belt tensioner for the TC6.2? I've just fitted the AE upper tensioner and would really like a lower one that doubles as either the antenna holder or servo mount.

M.Ellis
I've found lower tensioners if used to raise the belt, end up hitting the steering rack.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WildManDriving

M.Ellis
We already have a battery spacer that doubles as a lower belt tensioner. Our TC6.2 servo mount, while it does not necessarily act as an antenna moint, you can put the stock AE antenna mount on it.

You should not have an issue with a lower belt tensioner on the 6.2 since the steering rack is higher than on other cars.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:57 AM
Tech Adept

Question. 1st. time owning a Touring Car TC6.1 beside our 1/8 scale GT VE racing. My issue I love how off power steering rotation of an 8th scale like my Inferno GT2 VE and I can't get use to on power steering of a TC with a lock front spool design. If I purchase one of your fine Gear Diff and replace it up Front of the TC6.1, can I get the same effect of off power steering like my 8th scale ?
Old 09-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

I am not sure I understand your question. What are you looking for? Are you looking for more steering going into the corner or more rotation? The gear diff will certainly give you more entry steering at the expense of a little bit of rotation on power.

Typically gear diffs are run with really heavy fluids in sedan. 1,000,000 to 2.5 million cst is pretty standard and much heavier than what people typically run in a 1/8 gt. The heavier the less entry steering, but more rotation.

With that, if your 1/8th scale car turns in harder than your sedan, the set up might be a little off for your track. Sedans should be more nimble, have more steering and be much faster than their large scale cousins.

Sorry for missing your message the first time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.