Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I actually like the TC6 more now. It is a bit more consistent over 6 minutes. I really like the aluminum chassis car. They actually drive very similar.

I never tried the yokomo with an aluminum chassis though.
Thanks for the info
Old 08-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey guys, I leave you with some pictures of an ongoing project. This is the TC6.2 Lightweight suspension components. Theses parts not only shave weight, but also offered a revised geometry which makes the car more consistent and faster over a full race over the stock components. These parts are also far tougher and don't have quite the slop the stock parts have on the car.

Our conversion will come with all the necessary parts so that you don't have to do any drilling or have to to excessive shimming like what people are having to do with the TC4 Arms. These arms are also tougher than tough and they are very stiff, providing really good response.

These arms, along with the Aluminum chassis are the single biggest improvement we have made to our cars. It really transforms the car and makes the front to rear balance of the car a lot better. The stock components of the car use a very long rear arm and really short front. This has always made the car very "rolly" in the rear vs the front, which I have always felt makes the car want to keep steering instead of returning to center. These arms are almost the same length front to rear. The front arms are wider and the rear arms are narrower than the stock units. This, we felt gave the car a lot more balance, and just simply easier to drive.

Below are some pictures, feel free to ask questions.
I see you are using Spec-R graphite arms and hubs are you planning on doing anything with the Spec-R car maybe an alum chassis?
Old 08-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No plans for the Spec R Cars right now.

We cooperate on several projects with Spec R, (we go back to our Mini-Z Days) including the carbon versions of the A-Arms. However we don't have immediate plans for a chassis. We did purchase a CNC Router this week, so it might be possible to do it in the future.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey guys, I leave you with some pictures of an ongoing project. This is the TC6.2 Lightweight suspension components. Theses parts not only shave weight, but also offered a revised geometry which makes the car more consistent and faster over a full race over the stock components. These parts are also far tougher and don't have quite the slop the stock parts have on the car.

Our conversion will come with all the necessary parts so that you don't have to do any drilling or have to to excessive shimming like what people are having to do with the TC4 Arms. These arms are also tougher than tough and they are very stiff, providing really good response.

These arms, along with the Aluminum chassis are the single biggest improvement we have made to our cars. It really transforms the car and makes the front to rear balance of the car a lot better. The stock components of the car use a very long rear arm and really short front. This has always made the car very "rolly" in the rear vs the front, which I have always felt makes the car want to keep steering instead of returning to center. These arms are almost the same length front to rear. The front arms are wider and the rear arms are narrower than the stock units. This, we felt gave the car a lot more balance, and just simply easier to drive.
Will this work with the 6.1?
Old 08-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No plans for the Spec R Cars right now.

We cooperate on several projects with Spec R, (we go back to our Mini-Z Days) including the carbon versions of the A-Arms. However we don't have immediate plans for a chassis. We did purchase a CNC Router this week, so it might be possible to do it in the future.
Too bad I will keep an eye out and hope something happens in the future.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bullet100
Ya it the suspension parts are the same
However the two cars besides a few other parts are completely different so they'll fit on but besides that is kind of a mystery.

Last edited by thecaptain; 08-07-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bullet100
They will, however the extra shimming will make the arms more prone to making the suspension mounts develop play.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I actually like the TC6 more now. It is a bit more consistent over 6 minutes. I really like the aluminum chassis car. They actually drive very similar.

I never tried the yokomo with an aluminum chassis though.
I drove Cristian's TC6.2 with the aluminum chassis before he started with the new a-arm project and it felt better than my BD7 with carbon chassis.

Now I have the BD7 Aluminum and it drives like his car

I sold one of my Yokomos to get a TC6.2...
Old 08-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

I drove Cristian's TC6.2 with the aluminum chassis before he started with the new a-arm project and it felt better than my BD7 with carbon chassis.

Now I have the BD7 Aluminum and it drives like his car

I sold one of my Yokomos to get a TC6.2...
Interesting... What are you liking better about the TC6?

Is it just an aluminum chassis thing and you're just liking those characteristics?

And is this for stock? mod? or both?

Thanks, Nick

Last edited by rcnickv; 08-07-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnickv
Interesting... What are you liking better about the TC6?

Is it just an aluminum chassis thing and you're just liking those characteristics?

And is this for stock? mod? or both?

Thanks, Nick
I like how the aluminum chassis changes the car handling. Hard to explain, super stable with great corner speed and easy to drive fast.
I drove the car with a stock motor.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jorge T
I like how the aluminum chassis changes the car handling. Hard to explain, super stable with great corner speed and easy to drive fast.
I drove the car with a stock motor.
Thanks
Old 08-09-2014, 05:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Christian, will you be releasing different caster options on the C hub in the suspension kit?
Old 08-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

At this moment. We have no plans.

We have yet to really ever find a need for a 6 or 2 degree hub. I know it is not quite the same, but running a bit of anti dive has always worked for me when trying to get the effects of less caster. (Antidive does effectively change caster.) I have never needed to run 6 degrees though I could always add a bit of kick up if I wanted too.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks. Yes I know Antidive will do the trick. I run on a very small/tight carpet track with lots of corners so less caster will be more favourable.

Will consider buying it from you guys.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonston
Thanks. Yes I know Antidive will do the trick. I run on a very small/tight carpet track with lots of corners so less caster will be more favourable.

Will consider buying it from you guys.
I run a small track as well. Ours I'd a high bite track all of our layouts are tight and technical. I personally like the aluminum chassis over the stock one. It drivers more consistently. And reacts different, I can exactly explain what it does but I'm still running it, over the carbon stock chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.