Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Awesome JD!!..... Should be fun...... Trying to rally up the troops!.... The TC6 has been running real good lately but I got a good feeling with this new setup..... Gonna try the Xray springs first and go from there!!..... See you in the morning!...
Old 04-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default RSD6.2 Set-Up

Hi Guys, a lot of folks have been asking for a set-up sheet for the new short towers.

This is the new set-up I am using on my car. I feel it is a good starting point for Medium to high grip asphalt as I have tested it on different surfaces.

https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.co...ort_Shocks.pdf

Also, as a little update, we have been doing a bit of testing with the T4 lately and have learned a lot more about chassis flex and how and why it should flex in certain ways. This has led to an all new design of chassis.

The chassis is still being prototyped as we speak, we are not sure if we will produce it, but if there is enough interest, we will. The thing is, this is a very expensive project as it is a chassis that includes 4 bulkheads, New layshaft bulkheads, new vertical stud mounts, new motor mount, new bottom and top deck, shock towers F/R and suspension mounts. It still comes with dual bell crank steering and servo holder.

We are trying to price it out, but as it is a near complete re-design of the TC6 it will probably be 2x the price of the 6.2 EVO. On a coolness factor, we have designed it to be able to be used with XRAY or AE Plastics by just orienting the suspension mounts in an opposite direction.

What would be the interest in an all new re-design? Please voice your opinions here.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Hi Guys, a lot of folks have been asking for a set-up sheet for the new short towers.

This is the new set-up I am using on my car. I feel it is a good starting point for Medium to high grip asphalt as I have tested it on different surfaces.

Also, as a little update, we have been doing a bit of testing with the T4 lately and have learned a lot more about chassis flex and how and why it should flex in certain ways. This has led to an all new design of chassis.

The chassis is still being prototyped as we speak, we are not sure if we will produce it, but if there is enough interest, we will. The thing is, this is a very expensive project as it is a chassis that includes 4 bulkheads, New layshaft bulkheads, new vertical stud mounts, new motor mount, new bottom and top deck, shock towers F/R and suspension mounts. It still comes with dual bell crank steering and servo holder.

We are trying to price it out, but as it is a near complete re-design of the TC6 it will probably be 2x the price of the 6.2 EVO. On a coolness factor, we have designed it to be able to be used with XRAY or AE Plastics by just orienting the suspension mounts in an opposite direction.

What would be the interest in an all new re-design? Please voice your opinions here.

To be clear, it's a TC6 redesign, not a T4 chassis, bulkhead, etc... redesign?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Well to be fair, it is a completely new platform that combines different elements from different chassis. For Example, the motor mount is very similar to the XRAY T4 mount as well as the suspension mount system.

It is designed to where it can be assembled with AE or XRAY Plastics. However, the drive train can use Spec-R R1 diffs/spools in order to use XRAY drives and 1.9 internal ratio or it can be assembled with all AE plastics and diffs. The layshaft assembly must be AE though.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well to be fair, it is a completely new platform that combines different elements from different chassis. For Example, the motor mount is very similar to the XRAY T4 mount as well as the suspension mount system.

It is designed to where it can be assembled with AE or XRAY Plastics. However, the drive train can use Spec-R R1 diffs/spools in order to use XRAY drives and 1.9 internal ratio or it can be assembled with all AE plastics and diffs. The layshaft assembly must be AE though.
Sounds interesting. I imagine that the car looks like it was designed by a former Denver Bronco, LOL.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

well, it would if it was blue and orange, however I don't think I will go with conventional color schemes from XRAY/AE.

Still deciding on color, but that is a bit down the road. First we have to make the prototypes.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

well, it would if it was blue and orange, however I don't think I will go with conventional color schemes from XRAY/AE.

Still deciding on color, but that is a bit down the road. First we have to make the prototypes.
Sounds great, obviously some kidding there. I'm not trying to undermine the thought and care that's gone into your design.

I love to see an American company step up and take initiative and to put their necks on the line a bit for a product they believe in. Awesome.

I look forward to seeing what you guys produce.
E
Old 04-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Christian,
Have you tried using the T4 shocks with the short shock conversion on the TC6? Will they fit?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

The T4 shocks are a little bit short. You have to unscrew the bottom eyelets a bit or use longer shock ends.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The thing is, this is a very expensive project as it is a chassis that includes 4 bulkheads, New layshaft bulkheads, new vertical stud mounts, new motor mount, new bottom and top deck, shock towers F/R and suspension mounts. It still comes with dual bell crank steering and servo holder.

Hi Chritian,

this sounds interesting! I like the idea to use different brand parts on one chassis!
As it is a conversation and no full chassis set, every customer has to own a driving car. That means your conversation needs to have important advantages to justify the new acquisition (maybe more than interchangeable parts; in my case 1-2 tenth faster a lap than my actual car would be a strong argument).
In six months many manufacturers will introduce new chassis (evolutions) and your conversation should be mixed up in the game of the top contenders including some new ideas that lead the way in the business.
People are always interested, but if they press the "buy-button" depends on the productperformance. Please don't get me wrong: You never dissapointed us!

I will be in the market for a new chassis at the end of the year and will sure go for new design car (not radical, but one that took clear step forward). Short shocks and low shocktower will impress no one by that time, so what will be the next (r)evolution?
Old 04-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

Our goal is not to re-invent the wheel, but rather modernize the TC6 platform to what it should be getting done.

Will there be an improvement in lap times? Time can only tell once we have the working prototypes in hand and we develop it.

What I do want to offer is a premium car that leaves nothing on performance on the track.

At the moment, the biggest issues I have with the TC6 are the bulkheads and suspension mounting on them (it does not allow proper fine tuning of roll centers and they develop slop as the plastic mounts rotate) and the high center of gravity of the car vs the other newer platforms.

The bulkhead design makes the car too stiff around the important flex areas and the high CG relative of the car forces us to run the car a bit stiff or with high roll centers in contrast to other cars in the market, which hurt the acceleration of the chassis and causes suspension jacking in high grip conditions. This is not as big of an issue running stock, but in mod, it hurts. Our new design addresses these issues.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up Short Shock Conversion!!....

Ran the new short shock conversion over the weekend and all I have to say... WOW!!..... Very nice feel and very quick around the turns..... The set-up in 17.5 Blinky at the end of the day was 550 Xray oil in the front with 2.7 springs and 450 oil in the rear with 2.5 springs..... Car was easy to drive and consistent all day.....

.... Gonna try the Asphalt springs in a few weeks outddors when our season gets underway!..... Again, great product Cris!!..... Keep building it, we'll keep racing it.... Products built by racers, runned by racers....
Old 04-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Agree.
Alex...your AE looked the best it ever has last weekend.
On that note...I got to test a few of the new springs on my t4 (I know wrong thread)..
I found the blue carpet spring to be right in between the xray 2.5 and 2.7.
They are perfect for a 2.7f-2.7r setup when you need a touch more rear grip.
Will be good to have these in the pit box.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Cool!..... Will have them!.....
Old 04-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Hey Alex when is jackson opening for the season i am going to the paved nationals and might need a weekend of outdoor racing to shake stuff down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.