Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain
So Christian switching my car over to the new aluminum chassis. Get the battery section HOLY CRAP. How do you FORGET TO MENTION that you need to purchase the rsd battery holds and battery stop! There is legitimately 3/16 of an inch if not 1/4 of an inch of play inbetween the stock battery holders... you cant even put two screws in the battery holders because theres not room because the chassis is so narrow. Then I finally get the battery in the car. I use a buggy foam spacer and some two way tape to make it fit properly. REALLY JANKY but it works, fine no biggy what ever ill send christian a private message about it. But I look at the battery stop now and its not close to that either theres a good 1/8 of play between the battery and the battery stop, free to slam into the belt as it likes. So now not only do I get the privelage to fix more of your products. I have to spent more of my time to do so... brilliant please explain to me why this was not mention in the chassis description. Or on any forum. I am looking forward to the reason. Its a marketing ploy, I get it. You want people to buy your other products. Generally those companies mention that their parts are the ones that work with the new what ever they release... HIGHLY UNSATISFIED...
just want to say that your post is really immature ,you cant just start trashing someone and there product that they spend lots of time designing and manufacturing to make your car better , just becuase you dont understand how to use battery strapping tape .it has worked for every one using yokomo, tamiya and all previous chassis cristian has produced that people love. you dont deserve a rsd chassis so chill and try to resolve your issues like a adult ,that is all
Old 06-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

RSD makes great stuff no complaints from me or anyone that I know uses Christian's stuff

I for one don't understand "thecaptain"'s issue, tape holds the battery just fine. My step kid can make it work and he is kinda special.
If you can't figure tape out maybe RC isn't for you..............
Old 06-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
RSD makes great stuff no complaints from me or anyone that I know uses Christian's stuff

I for one don't understand "thecaptain"'s issue, tape holds the battery just fine. My step kid can make it work and he is kinda special.
If you can't figure tape out maybe RC isn't for you..............
To be fair, if he doesn't have a lot of experience using tape exclusively, he probably doesn't trust it. I just think he could have been a little more polite in his ranting. It was rather accusatory.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks, for the support guys, but let's get the thread pointing in a different direction.

I have a really good set up for you guys from last weekends TEXAS EOS. Qualified 2nd in mod and finished 2nd. I was the only one within striking distance of the winner, Chris Adams, finishing 1.5 sec behind in quals and about 3 in each of the mains.

I was running some prototype lowered towers with XRAY shocks on the carbon RSD7. Under he particular track conditions they gave me about .15 seconds per lap consistently. The set-up was pretty raw as I only built it the Friday before the race, but to me, it was better. It gave me just a little more corner speed.

I sold my car after the weekend, to get a new guy involved that really wanted my car, so I am waiting to build a new one and post pictures.

Here is the set up though:
Front:
0.5mm roll center shims ff/fr
Pins:
(.. )( ..)ff
( . ) ( . )fr
Shocks:
Top:
oxoo ooxo
Middle bottom
3x1.3 piston 35wt oil
XRAY 2.5 spring
Silver stud outside link
Std stud inside +2mm
2mm ackerman shims
Wheelbase all the way short

Rear:
0.5 mm roll center shims rf/rr
( ..) (.. )rf
( ...)(... )rr
Middle hole bottom arm
Shock tower
ooxo oxoo
3x1.3 piston
35wt
2.5 spring
+2mm outside link
+1mm inside

Medium links f/r
3000cst rear diff
Spool front

We are working on some towers for people to use. They come with 2 sets of holes. -4mm and -8mm. For both you would have to purchase separate shocks. -8 is xray -4 would be short yokomo, is this something you guys would like to try? I really like the set up possibilities, I think different length shocks are beneficial under certain conditions, as well as long shocks.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

EOS is carpet correct?
Old 06-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
EOS is carpet correct?
Yes, this race was on Cristians carpet track. The rest of the races this year will be on asphalt.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
To be fair, if he doesn't have a lot of experience using tape exclusively, he probably doesn't trust it. I just think he could have been a little more polite in his ranting. It was rather accusatory.
Tape can cause a "tweak" in on the chassis and doesn't have a definite tightness every time. It's inconsistent it has nothing to do with not understanding tape.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

If tape is done correctly it won't cause any more tweak than the screws your putting in for your battery brace.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Volker is using no battery retainers and tape at all
Attached Thumbnails Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)-volkercf3.jpg  
Old 06-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Geberit
Hehe, strong double back tape? Dont know if I'd trust servo tape, but I guess enough of it should hold as long as you're not smacking stuff (and he doesn't)
Old 06-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
Well if you have some skill of that level for sale let me Know. Um sure there is a process he uses. Also that can be anyone's car... When switching from tape to a hold down system there is a difference. If he can tune with that difference than more power to him. I certainly cannot
Old 06-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

I'm very interested in what you are doing with the RSD7 Cristian. Curious on what your opinions are on the ARS system people are playing with?
Old 06-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Received my brand spankin new aluminum chassis today, thanks Cristian! Unfortunately I'm stuck at work and can't view it for myself. But the wife has managed to open it and says it looks "pretty". So she's had her greasy eyeballs all over my chassis The least you could have done is ship it with a tamper proof "greasy eyeball chassis protector". Misleading to say the least /sarcasm off

Thanks again Cristian!
Old 06-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Cristian, if I can borrow one of the aluminum chassis, I will be happy to make a short run of custom battery retainers specially for your Aluminum chassis. It looks like the center line set of holes is the same as the stock chassis... Correct? I already have that covered with a better inside stop than stock if so. PM me so we can discuss.

P.S. sorry for the hijack.
Missed you @ RROC!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We already sell an optional set of retainers and a central battery stop as well. It is an option part though, and it is not included in the kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.