Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-Univ...art_ep_58.html

I just realized that CT updated the spring chart with the new T4 springs. I wasn't sure if I was out of the loop, or it just hadn't been mentioned. I found it helpful at least. Looking forward to all the cool new pieces about to come out.

AWD
Old 04-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any idea when we might be seeing the other t4 shock springs on the chart? Specifically the 2.3/2.5?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Unfortunately, I don't have any 2.3 or 2.5 springs to test. If anyone wants to send some in to test, I will gladly test them and then ship them back.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Unfortunately, I don't have any 2.3 or 2.5 springs to test. If anyone wants to send some in to test, I will gladly test them and then ship them back.
Shoot me a pm with the address you would like them sent to and I will gladly ship you the springs you are missing.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So I just installed my DCJs (v2 narrow)in tc6.1 worlds. See that my stock clamping wheel hexes won't fit the DCJ axle:/ What are racers using instead now? Or CT, what do u reccomend? Ty.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Michael@USPN
So I just installed my DCJs (v2 narrow)in tc6.1 worlds. See that my stock clamping wheel hexes won't fit the DCJ axle:/ What are racers using instead now? Or CT, what do u reccomend? Ty.
http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-DCJ-...ir_p_1125.html

you need to run these, they should mention that in the description for the DCJs, to clarlify..
Old 04-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chevtech23
http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-DCJ-...ir_p_1125.html

you need to run these, they should mention that in the description for the DCJs, to clarlify..
I definetly would've ordered them at the same time if I knew:/ now I gotta wait again, and make another order. But I do love the rsd products Danka!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Michael@USPN
I definetly would've ordered them at the same time if I knew:/ now I gotta wait again, and make another order. But I do love the rsd products Danka!
im waiting until there in stock,my cart is at $287 but no point putting in my order as i need the hexes and the 2 mm pins,also out of stock,cristian any news on these items?
Old 04-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

christian,as you need the hexes and the 2 mm pins with the dcj's why dont you sell them as a kit? as above its to easy to forget or not even know that there needed
Old 04-13-2013, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry for the delayed response. The hexes are going to be a while, and we are also sold out of the dcj v2s. All the items are currently in production.

However with the hexes and pins, any industry standard 5mm hex and 2x10 pins will work. This means XRAY, HB, Tamiya, Yokomo ones all work.

We are working hard on getting these re stocked, but we are at the mercy of the factory. When we get all the items back in stock we will make sure to make a package for them.

On another note, We received the 4th spring in the Carpet linear spring set and some cool CF wing holders. More information and pics coming tomorrow night.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default New RSD Items

RSD098 RSD Carbon Fiber Wing Holders

RSD085 RSD Carpet Linear 15.1lb Spring (pink)

RSD087 RSD Carpet Spring Set
Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Any starting setups for the t4 on asphalt or carpet using your springs? What advantage do they offer over the x ray springs?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Personally I have found quicker response out of the car with our springs. I have been running the silver/silver combo on asphalt and I was able to improve my times in both 13.5 and Mod by 1 tenth of a second on outright fast lap.

The biggest benefit from our asphalt springs is it's true progressive rating. The spring changes 1 full pound over the usable compression vs XRAY progressives that actually just change 0.2lbs.

Our silver spring is softer than a 2.7 initially and it gets stiffer than a 2.7 as it compresses. In the front end, this allows the car to enter the corner better due to the softer rate, but as the car moves through the corner, it stiffens up, adding steering in the middle and exit.

In the rear, our progressive spring allows the car to rotate quicker, the car again gains steering going into the corner, but as more pressure is put on the tire, it gains traction leaving the corner.

For me, the overall result was a car that has the traction of a softer spring, but the response of a stiffer car. It compliments the T4's low CG very well.

With the carpet springs, they are 0.5mm bigger in diameter than regular XRAY/RSD Springs. This seems to just make the car easier to drive on carpet. I don't quite understand the reason why, but we have tested different diameters and found these make the car more stable. They also work on asphalt quite nice. The Pinks are a good alternative to the silver asphalt, they feel similar, but maybe make the car roll a little more. The spring is slightly softer and might be a little better for lower grip conditions. The black and blue are even softer and I have used them in the rear of my car to gain body roll and better left to right transition steering.

Some of the rates are stiffer, they are designed to be used on larger outdoor tracks and extremely high grip. They are also good on cars that have slightly higher CG like the TC6 and Serpent ERYX.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default xxx-s springs

Cristian: I'm running an old graphite losi in VTA. I've gone with a shorty lipo and moved the esc to the right side of the car to balance it better. I've changed the shocks to a set of 3racing that they sell as an upgrade for the Sakura Zero. I've lowered the weight enough that the springs are to stiff. I've been reading about what you feel about your asphault springs. I'm impressed and wondered if you had an idea which spring kit I should start with, or if there was a way to weigh the car and get an idea where to start? Right now the car is plowing on entrance, then loose, but pick the throttle up and its quite drivable. Hard on front tires, lol Chris
Old 04-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Personally I have found quicker response out of the car with our springs. I have been running the silver/silver combo on asphalt and I was able to improve my times in both 13.5 and Mod by 1 tenth of a second on outright fast lap.

The biggest benefit from our asphalt springs is it's true progressive rating. The spring changes 1 full pound over the usable compression vs XRAY progressives that actually just change 0.2lbs.

Our silver spring is softer than a 2.7 initially and it gets stiffer than a 2.7 as it compresses. In the front end, this allows the car to enter the corner better due to the softer rate, but as the car moves through the corner, it stiffens up, adding steering in the middle and exit.

In the rear, our progressive spring allows the car to rotate quicker, the car again gains steering going into the corner, but as more pressure is put on the tire, it gains traction leaving the corner.

For me, the overall result was a car that has the traction of a softer spring, but the response of a stiffer car. It compliments the T4's low CG very well.

With the carpet springs, they are 0.5mm bigger in diameter than regular XRAY/RSD Springs. This seems to just make the car easier to drive on carpet. I don't quite understand the reason why, but we have tested different diameters and found these make the car more stable. They also work on asphalt quite nice. The Pinks are a good alternative to the silver asphalt, they feel similar, but maybe make the car roll a little more. The spring is slightly softer and might be a little better for lower grip conditions. The black and blue are even softer and I have used them in the rear of my car to gain body roll and better left to right transition steering.

Some of the rates are stiffer, they are designed to be used on larger outdoor tracks and extremely high grip. They are also good on cars that have slightly higher CG like the TC6 and Serpent ERYX.
Great information, thank you. Would you mind updating your spring chart with the new spring?

Thanks.
Ethan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.