R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-17-2003, 03:29 AM   #1336
fai
Regional Moderator

Dear all, Woow, SpeedWay Pal finally released the 'shaft-holding' motor mount'! R2 owners, have you placed your order??!!
See this link:
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~sw-pal/Newpro...otormount.html

fai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 03:32 AM   #1337
fai
Regional Moderator

Default Outermost upper-arm positions...

I drilled two more holes on the upper deck so we can shorten/tilt the upper-arms more, good for technical track (track-tested)!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p3140014.jpg (69.0 KB, 89 views)
Old 03-17-2003, 03:33 AM   #1338
fai
Regional Moderator

Default Similar to rear side...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p3140011.jpg (73.9 KB, 87 views)
Old 03-17-2003, 03:35 AM   #1339
fai
Regional Moderator

Default Add two slots to R1...

(Don't worry, Alex has done that to R2 already!)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p3140008.jpg (70.4 KB, 93 views)
Old 03-17-2003, 03:37 AM   #1340
fai
Regional Moderator

Default Finally pic, overall view of a R1...

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p3140012.jpg (70.6 KB, 109 views)
Old 03-17-2003, 08:59 AM   #1341
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

nice pictures, not quite a thousand words worth but still very nice

Ok, I've been checking the gearing I will be needing for the cuda using 48dp gears, using roll out and going by what I use for my RC Lab and then the internal gearing mentioned here for the cuda. It seems I'm going to need some small pinions, especially with my revvy stock motors and mod motors I'll be using in the summer. Does 72/20, or even 19, sound ok to you guys for an indoor wooden floor track with a stock motor? keep in mind I'm using a matrix V10r stock motor which has more revs than a Green Machine 3, the GM3 I have gives me something like 72/22 if I go by the roll out I used last week which was slightly acceleration biased.
Will these gearing ratios work? ie will the motor move enough for the gears to meet each other?

My current smallest pinion is 24, going to probably have to order 19-23 and I like my not so cheap titanium pinions will also order a 72 and 74/75 spur gear, those nice light white RW ones. Seems the exact opposite of my Lab which requires quite large spurs and pinions for the gears to be able to mesh, currently using 100/25. I can actually similar pinions for a 12turn when I race outdoors so I hopefully won't need 15-18 teeth pinions
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:15 PM   #1342
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by fai
Dear all, Woow, SpeedWay Pal finally released the 'shaft-holding' motor mount'! R2 owners, have you placed your order??!!
See this link:
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~sw-pal/Newpro...otormount.html

That the New piece that I have been looking for!!!!!! Time to place a order!!!!!!!!!!

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:45 PM   #1343
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by fai
TS: I'm still running my R1! You knew I once had a thought to get a losi, but I think I'll keep running my Barracuda for some more time! Still a long list of settings to play with!
Good on you Fai.!!! just because people can't drive and they give up on a car beacuse they can't set it up...doesn't mean it's a bad car

Quote:
Nearly everytime, when I got to the track, there will be people coming around and give me the feeling: "Wow, here is a Cuda! Why/how can you still running it!? I just sold it last month!" or "I keep replacing spur gears that's why I sold it!" or "I can't find a setting for it, it's rubbish!"... My point is that they keep hitting, they can't set it up coz they even don't start with a basic set-up...
These finally come to the result: no more Cuda to HK... This really makes me sigh...
To bad that people have small minds...but I hope Control Center Kings Hobby and Jet will still stock parts for it!!

-Dave
Old 03-17-2003, 02:01 PM   #1344
Tech Champion

Wow All of that new Stuff on the SpeedWay PAL Site is just mind blowing!!!!!!!! looks like the wallet will be getting lighter when I get back home

-Dave...
Old 03-17-2003, 08:22 PM   #1345
Tech Regular

Got my Red R2 last night ... looks awesome but I've run into some minor build issues and was hoping someone could help

There seems to be some binding of the steering post which has the servo saver. Looks like the top bushing on the servo saver is pressed onto the upper deck. The servo post is too short to put a plastic shim between that bushing and the upper deck. If I loosen the upper deck I can remove some of the binding.

Also there is some binding between the fornt C-hubs and the knuckles. I had to sand down the knuckles to remove the binding.
itchynads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 09:24 PM   #1346
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

itchynads,

Make sure the bushings in the servo arms are pressed in all the way. They might be tight and not pressed in all the way. What you did for the front C-hub is okay, although I didn't have to do that on mind. Just keep in mind not to sand off too much, then it might be too loose, because the suspension parts will all break in with each other after a few runs.

I'll be out tomorrow night racing the Cuda again since the NORRCA state champ, wish me luck guys!

Steve Wang
Old 03-17-2003, 10:33 PM   #1347
fai
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
nice pictures, not quite a thousand words worth but still very nice

Ok, I've been checking the gearing I will be needing for the cuda using 48dp gears, using roll out and going by what I use for my RC Lab and then the internal gearing mentioned here for the cuda. It seems I'm going to need some small pinions, especially with my revvy stock motors and mod motors I'll be using in the summer. Does 72/20, or even 19, sound ok to you guys for an indoor wooden floor track with a stock motor? keep in mind I'm using a matrix V10r stock motor which has more revs than a Green Machine 3, the GM3 I have gives me something like 72/22 if I go by the roll out I used last week which was slightly acceleration biased.
Will these gearing ratios work? ie will the motor move enough for the gears to meet each other?

My current smallest pinion is 24, going to probably have to order 19-23 and I like my not so cheap titanium pinions will also order a 72 and 74/75 spur gear, those nice light white RW ones. Seems the exact opposite of my Lab which requires quite large spurs and pinions for the gears to be able to mesh, currently using 100/25. I can actually similar pinions for a 12turn when I race outdoors so I hopefully won't need 15-18 teeth pinions
Herminator: It should be ok to put in a 19T with a 72T into the motor mount! I don't think you need to order the 74/75 spurs as 72T nearly works best in all conditions!
Just my 0.02 cents!
Old 03-17-2003, 10:58 PM   #1348
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
itchynads,

Make sure the bushings in the servo arms are pressed in all the way. They might be tight and not pressed in all the way. What you did for the front C-hub is okay, although I didn't have to do that on mind. Just keep in mind not to sand off too much, then it might be too loose, because the suspension parts will all break in with each other after a few runs.

I'll be out tomorrow night racing the Cuda again since the NORRCA state champ, wish me luck guys!

Steve Wang
Yeh I've checked the top bushing and it looks ok. In the manual there is a small picture which shows a screw being placed ontop of the bushing at the end of the post but the the assembly diagram does not show this. What gives?
itchynads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 12:51 AM   #1349
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Quote:
Originally posted by fai
Herminator: It should be ok to put in a 19T with a 72T into the motor mount! I don't think you need to order the 74/75 spurs as 72T nearly works best in all conditions!
Just my 0.02 cents!
I was going to get a 74 or 75 spur gear too because otherwise I may need a few more smaller pinions, like 18 and possibly 17. It's always nice to have a couple backup spur gears too.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 01:13 AM   #1350
fai
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
I was going to get a 74 or 75 spur gear too because otherwise I may need a few more smaller pinions, like 18 and possibly 17. It's always nice to have a couple backup spur gears too.
Hmmm... How come you need a so large final gear ratio (>10)?? If you use 72/17, then final gear ratio = 72/17*2.44~=10.33 which is even too large for a 8T motor!!!
My experience is that a Cuda will be difficult to drive in a small track if the spur gear is very large! (It may not be true for a belt-driven car...) (I did try a 75T in a large track and it's not as good as a 72T also!)
Just my little experience...