R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2003, 12:26 PM   #991
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: R2 Team driver !

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3

I hope we will find some good setups..
can u plz tell me what parts will break first, so i can buy them as spare parts..
sorry for my bad english

Hmm I have 2~3 set-up's right now for the R2 .. but it depends on what type of track you race on

as for parts that might take a beating..??. .I would have to say Dog bones and front outdrives are a give on any TC...also if you will race on carpet.. you might want to get the double front oneway bearing upgrade.

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 12:35 PM   #992
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: BARRACUDA

Quote:
Originally posted by bigd4343
I SENT YOU A PM ON RCTECH BUT I DONT KNOW IF I DID IT RIGHT....ANYWAY EMAIL ME IF U GET A [email protected] AND RACERS....I AM A 14 YEAR RC RACING VETERAN AND SHAFT DRIVE(MY THREE TC3'S) IS THE "WAY" TO GO!!
I hit you back this morning.?? Did you get it..? If not I'll send another

Also I agree with you to..Shaft drive is the way to go

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 12:45 PM   #993
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Yes, it is official! We will be the new dealer for Alex Racing products in the US. I am very happy personally to have the honor of bringing in great products from Alex Racing.

I've driven a lot of touring cars before (and I mean A LOT! ) I had both the TC3 and the EVOIII and as far as handling and on track performance, I personally believe the Barracuda R2 is right there with them. However, I have to say when I ran my R2 last weekend, I was absolutely amazed at how hard the car accelerates. The bottom line is, the R2's got great potential.

I will most likely be at SoCal Raceway this Saturday, so if you guys are local and are interested in checking the car out in person, feel free to drop by

Also, I would like to say a big "Thank you" to Dave, as you all know, he is very knowledgeable with the whole Alex Racing product line and especially the Barracuda series. He has helped me tremendously with the car. Thanks again Dave!

I will keep you all posted on approx arrival date and price.

Thank you all for your support!

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Your welcome for all of the Help Steve...
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 02:09 PM   #994
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CSF0623
Stevetech: O-Yeahh have you driven a mr4-tc? J/K Whaddup Steveo more than likely I will race SOCAL Saturday, and if you beat me there w/ your Alex car I will be the first to buy it when you get them in!
Hehehe Good luck Steve
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 06:54 PM   #995
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

What after market parts would you guys like too see for your Barracuda's???

Here's what I would like to see

1) 2~3mm lower bulkheads for Lower C/G.

2) 2 position steering knuckles ...so you have a Ackerman choise.


put up your idea's

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 07:04 PM   #996
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Yes, it is official! We will be the new dealer for Alex Racing products in the US. I am very happy personally to have the honor of bringing in great products from Alex Racing.

I've driven a lot of touring cars before (and I mean A LOT! ) I had both the TC3 and the EVOIII and as far as handling and on track performance, I personally believe the Barracuda R2 is right there with them. However, I have to say when I ran my R2 last weekend, I was absolutely amazed at how hard the car accelerates. The bottom line is, the R2's got great potential.

I will most likely be at SoCal Raceway this Saturday, so if you guys are local and are interested in checking the car out in person, feel free to drop by

Also, I would like to say a big "Thank you" to Dave, as you all know, he is very knowledgeable with the whole Alex Racing product line and especially the Barracuda series. He has helped me tremendously with the car. Thanks again Dave!

I will keep you all posted on approx arrival date and price.

Thank you all for your support!

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Dang it Steve, now I have access to Cuda parts, it will be harder to decide between a the new Corally and the R2.
elnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 07:14 PM   #997
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by elnitro
Dang it Steve, now I have access to Cuda parts, it will be harder to decide between a the new Corally and the R2.

Umm ... easy choise R2... already proven the new design and parts work awesome

but then again thats my 2 Yen

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 08:00 PM   #998
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Umm ... easy choise R2... already proven the new design and parts work awesome

but then again thats my 2 Yen

-Dave
Or do you mean your R2 Yen? By the way, what colors does it come in blue, purple, ???, ???
elnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 08:49 PM   #999
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

Looks like the weather will be holding up this weekend, which means I will actually be attending the NORRCA California State Championship this Saturday with the Barracuda. Wish me luck! I hope to bring back some decent results.

elnitro,

I'm sorry to make your decision difficult Honestly though, the barracuda is one of the nicest looking kit out on the market, and so far it has shown great potential.

We will be bringing in the blue version of the cuda first, and if there is enough demand, we'll bring in the other colors.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 08:58 PM   #1000
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by elnitro
Or do you mean your R2 Yen? By the way, what colors does it come in blue, purple, ???, ???
Blue
Red
Pink
Purple

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 09:02 PM   #1001
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Looks like the weather will be holding up this weekend, which means I will actually be attending the NORRCA California State Championship this Saturday with the Barracuda. Wish me luck! I hope to bring back some decent results.

elnitro,

I'm sorry to make your decision difficult Honestly though, the barracuda is one of the nicest looking kit out on the market, and so far it has shown great potential.

We will be bringing in the blue version of the cuda first, and if there is enough demand, we'll bring in the other colors.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Bring Back Lots of good news Steve... and Lots of Pictures!!!!!!!!



Also this thread has reached a HUGE MILE STONE..1000 Post's !!

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 09:06 PM   #1002
Tech Addict
 
dynoman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Memphis,TN BEEEEIOTCH
Posts: 703
Send a message via MSN to dynoman007 Send a message via Skype™ to dynoman007
Default steve

what class are you gonna run steve ?? gimme a shout if you need help i have been running the cuda in the states for a while i have a few set ups .... and a few items you may be interested in ....
dynoman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 10:40 PM   #1003
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

dynoman,

thank you for your offer I'll be running in the 19T spec class, maybe stock as well (or even mod.) The car works very good out of the box. So far, I just packed some basic stuff like tires (sorexes and take-offs) and some Yokomo shock springs, I think those will fit the barracuda just fine. this is such a last minute decision to race there, I'm still masking the body and packing my stuff

man Dave, you got me addicted to those smileys now hahahaha

I will give you guys an update when I get back Sat. night or sunday morning.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Last edited by SpeedTech; 02-27-2003 at 11:29 PM.
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 10:57 PM   #1004
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Little Rock
Posts: 6
Exclamation Barracuda Alum. Spool

Handmade T6 6061 Billet Spools w/ 3mm x .5 mounting holes, 100% warranty against breakage. I made 10 for a cuda, also have them for a TC3. Cuda $40. ea. US - TC3 $35. ea. US
Also make custom wheels, chassy work, and just about any part you can't find. Accept paypal. Further inquiries, send me a PM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 55.jpg (102.7 KB, 92 views)
spooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 12:38 AM   #1005
Ian
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Home
Posts: 310
Default

nice spool.....wondering if you gona make 4 slots for the CVD pins like the ones one the Cuda oneway outdrives....if you gonna make one like that ...i may be up for one
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:17 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net