Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Barracuda from Alex racing >

Barracuda from Alex racing

Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Old 01-21-2003, 07:36 PM
  #661  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Wow

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
that upgrade is next on the list u got any used ones for sale maybe the square ones
SUre they are yours if you want them I'll let you have them for a song
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 01-21-2003, 07:41 PM
  #662  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default 2deg

Originally posted by fai
I also tried to put on those JET rear hub last night but they don't fit??!! I think I've to file the A-arms a little bit in order to sit those hubs in... However I think I still need to test the plastic 2 degree hub at this stage so I do nothing finally... BTW, my A-arms are hard type...
fReShJiVe: How about yours??

HEy Fai ..I think that you will like to 2 deg hubs better than the 1deg Jet ones. with the PAL short arm conversion they have it fixed at 2deg and when I was using the square arms with the offset A-arm balls I tried every setting from 0deg~2.5deg.... and 2 deg seemed to be the best of straigh away speed and stability out of the corners
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 01-21-2003, 08:07 PM
  #663  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: TrAsH_CaN
Posts: 469
Default Re: Re: Re: Wow

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
SUre they are yours if you want them I'll let you have them for a song
-Dave
well , u could PM me for that
fReShJiVe is offline  
Old 01-21-2003, 08:43 PM
  #664  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Wink you got a PM

one PM as you requested
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 01-21-2003, 09:07 PM
  #665  
fai
Regional Moderator
 
fai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 765
Default Re: 2deg

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
HEy Fai ..I think that you will like to 2 deg hubs better than the 1deg Jet ones. with the PAL short arm conversion they have it fixed at 2deg and when I was using the square arms with the offset A-arm balls I tried every setting from 0deg~2.5deg.... and 2 deg seemed to be the best of straigh away speed and stability out of the corners
-Dave
JDM: Hmmm... But 2 deg hubs + offset balls should have the range 3..3.5 degree rear toe as the original chasis also has some pre-set rear toe! Please correct me if I'm wrong!
For me, now my setting is 1 deg hub + offset ball set to minimum toe, so the result is overall 2 deg. rear toe!
fai is offline  
Old 01-21-2003, 09:34 PM
  #666  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: TrAsH_CaN
Posts: 469
Default Re: Re: 2deg

Originally posted by fai
JDM: Hmmm... But 2 deg hubs + offset balls should have the range 3..3.5 degree rear toe as the original chasis also has some pre-set rear toe! Please correct me if I'm wrong!
For me, now my setting is 1 deg hub + offset ball set to minimum toe, so the result is overall 2 deg. rear toe!
fai - i dont have any setting tools to measure rear toe-in...could you tell me what's the total degrees if i'm using 1deg rear hub with offset ballhead with this setting. rear front-marking is on the inside of the chassis.rear rear- marking in facing out of the chassis.It seems to be 2degrees by eyeballing....could you confirm for me that?thanks

jdm - u got reply on the pm
fReShJiVe is offline  
Old 01-21-2003, 09:44 PM
  #667  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: 2deg

Originally posted by fai
JDM: Hmmm... But 2 deg hubs + offset balls should have the range 3..3.5 degree rear toe as the original chasis also has some pre-set rear toe! Please correct me if I'm wrong!
For me, now my setting is 1 deg hub + offset ball set to minimum toe, so the result is overall 2 deg. rear toe!
Fai

I was saing that I had tried that overall toe range ...sorry for the mix up... but ...a total of 2 deg works best for mast of the tracks that I go to
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 01-21-2003, 09:59 PM
  #668  
Tech Addict
 
dynoman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Memphis,TN BEEEEIOTCH
Posts: 703
Default lol

i want a few of those pla hinge pin conversions for a song lol
dynoman007 is offline  
Old 01-21-2003, 10:04 PM
  #669  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default PAL

dynoman007....

I can get the arms any time you want just hit me up when you need them
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 01-21-2003, 10:10 PM
  #670  
fai
Regional Moderator
 
fai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 765
Default Re: Re: Re: 2deg

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
fai - i dont have any setting tools to measure rear toe-in...could you tell me what's the total degrees if i'm using 1deg rear hub with offset ballhead with this setting. rear front-marking is on the inside of the chassis.rear rear- marking in facing out of the chassis.It seems to be 2degrees by eyeballing....could you confirm for me that?thanks

jdm - u got reply on the pm
So, with 1 degree rear hub and the offset ball-heads, the minimum/maximum rear toe should be 2 degree and 2.5 degree respectively!
fai is offline  
Old 01-21-2003, 10:11 PM
  #671  
fai
Regional Moderator
 
fai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 765
Default Re: Re: Re: 2deg

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Fai

I was saing that I had tried that overall toe range ...sorry for the mix up... but ...a total of 2 deg works best for mast of the tracks that I go to
-Dave
I see... Thanks!
fai is offline  
Old 01-21-2003, 11:31 PM
  #672  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: TrAsH_CaN
Posts: 469
Default

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
JDM - i called them up yesterday regarding my problem and even send pics via email to them ....were told they would get back to me today...by 7pm no return mail again so i called overseas again ......so they told me they would be sending a new set of servo saver arms and spacers that they forgot to include with the c-hub.....optional c-hub need spacers....hopefully they will send it EMS as that's what i paid for...??? not sure if this is a case of wrong measurement or what but if stock doesnt need any shim why would an optional ones need...they could have just mold it like the stock ones so no shims needed.....i also need to send back the arms to them(extra cost on me but they told me to send the slowest and cheapest method so i suppose it wont be much)....i suppose this is what when guys say "u get what u pay for" ... i should have bought the Square ones instead.....i guess next time i will let others to buy new products first before trying them out but overall they are still okay to deal with as they did admit their mistake in packaging.....for the rear upright they are SWEET!!!
Just receive an email from Jet Hobby that they will send my parts to me today w/o any additional charges from me and the surprise is that i could keep the parts that they send in wrongly ...this is one online store to deal with even they are quite slow in replying mails at least they are customer oriented the way i see it
fReShJiVe is offline  
Old 01-22-2003, 11:37 PM
  #673  
Tech Adept
 
driftmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Little Rock,AR
Posts: 233
Thumbs up spool

Hey dyno,
we got you a spool cut, here is a PIC. The one-way
is 20 grams and the spool is 8 grams.
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-image11.jpg  
driftmaster is offline  
Old 01-23-2003, 02:50 AM
  #674  
Tech Addict
 
dynoman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Memphis,TN BEEEEIOTCH
Posts: 703
Default very nice

cant wait to get it in the car drift ....THX again !!!!!!!
dynoman007 is offline  
Old 01-23-2003, 03:17 AM
  #675  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: TrAsH_CaN
Posts: 469
Default

dyno - give us a review about the car running with the spool ok
fReShJiVe is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.