R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-11-2002, 10:59 PM   #511
fai
Regional Moderator

Dear all, I just replaced those A-arms with harder one last night! I feel that the suspension is now harder than before. Maybe I need to use softer springs instead... Does anyone also feel this??
fai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 06:32 PM   #512
Tech Regular

anyone know what is the part number for the attached pic???it is the aluminium part that is on the end of the shaft
thanks

Last edited by fReShJiVe; 01-27-2003 at 12:53 PM.
fReShJiVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 03:41 PM   #513
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by fReShJiVe
anyone know what is the part number for the attached pic???it is the aluminium part that is on the end of the shaft
thanks
Good luck in finding the part (CO-6031 I think). Last I heard it was impossible to get as Alex Racing had not made any more apart from what was shipped with kits. Which is a bummer and forced me to get the center one way which is a replacement for it. I stripped the grub screw hole in mine
itchynads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 07:26 PM   #514
Tech Regular

itchynads - thanks for the part no. i just figured myself by matching the japanese words on the manual and the parts list
Old 12-16-2002, 05:52 AM   #515
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by itchynads
Good luck in finding the part (CO-6031 I think). Last I heard it was impossible to get as Alex Racing had not made any more apart from what was shipped with kits. Which is a bummer and forced me to get the center one way which is a replacement for it. I stripped the grub screw hole in mine
by the way why didnt u just drill a bigger hole and use a 4mm taping tool to thread it...and just use a bigger grub screw....or even drill anothe hole opposite of the stripped hole
Old 12-16-2002, 07:30 AM   #516
Tech Regular

do any of u guys put any thing like dry liquid teflon lube or anything along that line on the diff gears and 'counter' gears???
what setup changes do i need to do to get more steering off power???here is what i could think of:- shim up the rear of front suspension ball head , use lower hole on front hub so to lower roll center , lengthen front camber link......is ther anything else i could try to get more steering??

cheerz

Last edited by fReShJiVe; 12-16-2002 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:07 AM   #517
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Diva
Wink

Putting lube will attract more dust. Want off-power steering? One possible way is centre one-way.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 08:44 AM   #518
Tech Regular

lube will attract dust....but the one i mentioned is dry liquid teflon....it's in liquid form but will dry in minutes ...instruction says will not attract dust....hehe...maybe just a minufacturer claim . i dont think center one way will affect any initial turn in .....it's just there making the drivetrain more efficient during corner and straight so that u can carry more speed. "Square" caster block could do the trick as they are 5deg...or is it 3deg
Old 12-16-2002, 08:53 PM   #519
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Diva

The setup book of XRAY might help you to understand the effect of centre one-way. You can get it here
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 11:44 PM   #520
Tech Regular

Quote:
by the way why didnt u just drill a bigger hole and use a 4mm taping tool to thread it...and just use a bigger grub screw....or even drill anothe hole opposite of the stripped hole
I did drill another hole but that stripped as well so i gave up and went with the center one way since it doesn't use grub screws
Old 12-17-2002, 02:04 AM   #521
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by itchynads
I did drill another hole but that stripped as well so i gave up and went with the center one way since it doesn't use grub screws
just got a reply regarding the availability of the center shaft adapter(CO-6031)....let me know if u want to order it .... will pm u the details....selling at 600yen(US$4.97) not inclusive of shipping....
Old 12-17-2002, 03:01 PM   #522
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking Just got back home

Hey guys ...sorry to be gone for a couple of days...but now I'm back home in japan and I'll be able to help you all out 100% better than being out to sea on a ship

Also I will try to post a couple of pic's today of my Cuda's for you all to look at
-Dave

Last edited by JDM_DOHC_SiR; 12-17-2002 at 03:06 PM.
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 06:34 PM   #523
Tech Regular

Quote:
just got a reply regarding the availability of the center shaft adapter(CO-6031)....let me know if u want to order it .... will pm u the details....selling at 600yen(US$4.97) not inclusive of shipping....
Thanks. At the moment I'm busy with my Evo3 so the 'cudda has fell into a state of disrepair

Please pm the details anyway so I can get back to fixing the cudda when I get some time.

At the moment I need the parts that attach the shaft to the shaft holder ie. the plastic collars that secure the bevel gear and bearing to the holder. I'm sure these are stocked by Rainbow ten so that shouldn't be a problem, just need to find time to do it
Old 12-17-2002, 11:04 PM   #524
fai
Regional Moderator

Dear all, Jet Hobby of Hong Kong just released some optional parts for Barracuda:

- 5 degree caster block
- steering arm
- 1 degree rear hub

All are available in only black or aluminium (silver?), no other colors.

I just got a black rear hub last night, costs approx. USD14!!
Old 12-17-2002, 11:07 PM   #525
fai
Regional Moderator

Quote:
do any of u guys put any thing like dry liquid teflon lube or anything along that line on the diff gears and 'counter' gears???
what setup changes do i need to do to get more steering off power???here is what i could think of:- shim up the rear of front suspension ball head , use lower hole on front hub so to lower roll center , lengthen front camber link......is ther anything else i could try to get more steering??

cheerz
I think set-up the dampers properly may be a solution... Just my little comments...