Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Barracuda from Alex racing >

Barracuda from Alex racing

Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Old 10-24-2003, 11:12 AM
  #5086  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randman
Awesome! The Lexus track is long and open

But at least there cant really be any better Toyota bodies...
how 'bout the Tamiya MR-S?
too bad the Tamiya GT1 Lemans body will not fit sedan chassis.

Last edited by rc-zombies; 10-24-2003 at 11:49 AM.
rc-zombies is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 11:46 AM
  #5087  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Broken links
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 11:53 AM
  #5088  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default



This is Tamiya's... HPI has one but 200mm
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-tamiya-mr-s.jpg  
rc-zombies is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 02:17 PM
  #5089  
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default HPI Lexus body

Anyone tried this? cause I just got one painted but I still time to grab something else. com'on guys, those who ran it, spill the beans please.


Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 02:22 PM
  #5090  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: HPI Lexus body

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Anyone tried this? cause I just got one painted but I still time to grab something else. com'on guys, those who ran it, spill the beans please.


Dan
I did... I did.... nice looking and great detail like all HPI bodies...but it was so so handling.
The LOSI Lexus handles better...
The Tamiya is tempting to try out one day....
rc-zombies is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 02:41 PM
  #5091  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

anybody wanting to buy a speed way pal chassis and upper deck and steering brace? I have 2 sets that are new condition

this chassis can be used on the R1 and R2 if you have a motor mount for the right side. that means the battery is on the left side on this chassis


photo is of the bottom of them
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-speedway-pal-chassis.jpg  
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 03:10 PM
  #5092  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by rc-zombies


This is Tamiya's... HPI has one but 200mm
I think the Losi Altezza will be a little more aggressive, which is what I like
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 03:11 PM
  #5093  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
anybody wanting to buy a speed way pal chassis and upper deck and steering brace? I have 2 sets that are new condition

this chassis can be used on the R1 and R2 if you have a motor mount for the right side. that means the battery is on the left side on this chassis


photo is of the bottom of them
You gettin rid of your R1's, or are those just spares?
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 04:36 PM
  #5094  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by Randman
You gettin rid of your R1's, or are those just spares?
the only cudas i have now are the orange web A-spec
and a blue A -spec just 2 cudas for me until the R3 arrives then back up to 3
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 05:49 PM
  #5095  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
the only cudas i have now are the orange web A-spec
and a blue A -spec just 2 cudas for me until the R3 arrives then back up to 3
I need to do the same...but it's hard to just keep less than 3 of them
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 06:39 PM
  #5096  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I need to do the same...but it's hard to just keep less than 3 of them
-Dave
you know thats never going to happen
Herminator is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 07:39 PM
  #5097  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
you know thats never going to happen
Ya............. I know

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 08:15 PM
  #5098  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Is the R3 chassis going to be in that rainbow color or is there going to be choices? Just have to paint the bodies, Chevron, alpha 2.0, set the car back up for carpet, finish putting in my dyed electronics and the car is ready to go! After getting those nice packages in the mail/ups I had the car built that evening...sure looks pretty. KO did a great job of sanding and gluing the Xenon chassis. All I need is some aluminum front body posts and maybe some other goodies and she'll be purdy, (as they say down here). Did you all cut some notches in those black spacers between the towers and diff holders to run the sway bar wire through? I guess I don't full get the mounting of them. It's for the Xenon R2.

Also, enjoy this comic...lol
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-baseball-playoffs-2003-.gif  
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 11:10 PM
  #5099  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
the only cudas i have now are the orange web A-spec
and a blue A -spec just 2 cudas for me until the R3 arrives then back up to 3
That's cool, I cant wait for the R3 either...
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 11:12 PM
  #5100  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Is the R3 chassis going to be in that rainbow color or is there going to be choices? Just have to paint the bodies, Chevron, alpha 2.0, set the car back up for carpet, finish putting in my dyed electronics and the car is ready to go! After getting those nice packages in the mail/ups I had the car built that evening...sure looks pretty. KO did a great job of sanding and gluing the Xenon chassis. All I need is some aluminum front body posts and maybe some other goodies and she'll be purdy, (as they say down here). Did you all cut some notches in those black spacers between the towers and diff holders to run the sway bar wire through? I guess I don't full get the mounting of them. It's for the Xenon R2.

Also, enjoy this comic...lol
lol, nice comic
Randy Caster is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.