R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-06-2003, 08:12 AM   #4321
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn

I run my car bone stock except for the rear hubs. I bought the ones to take some toe out on the rear, but that is it. I have had no trouble at all, it's fast, smooth and I've ran a 9T mod in it with no problems. I am going to get the pal drive system, ti screws and alloy shaft holder for the front, but that will probably be it. I might upgrade to a pal, xenon, chassis but that is down the road. I want to see what she'll do on carpet first. This is the new car body I'm going to put on my R2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caddy1.jpg (128.8 KB, 71 views)
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 08:22 AM   #4322
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by cHckbOY5
do u guys recommend the pal alum hubs? or will it just make my car too heavy for stock racing? wat about the batt brace?
With the PAL hubs you'll also need the PAL camber link mounts...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 08:25 AM   #4323
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by cHckbOY5
so alloy shaft holders r a must?
I would consider them a must, although I have seen a couple people running without them and not having any problems.

If you get those, you can basically forget about the need for any more hopups, just run good 48 pitch gears and you wont strip any gears.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:59 AM   #4324
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
I run my car bone stock except for the rear hubs. I bought the ones to take some toe out on the rear, but that is it. I have had no trouble at all, it's fast, smooth and I've ran a 9T mod in it with no problems. I am going to get the pal drive system, ti screws and alloy shaft holder for the front, but that will probably be it. I might upgrade to a pal, xenon, chassis but that is down the road. I want to see what she'll do on carpet first. This is the new car body I'm going to put on my R2

lol heath i want to see that body on the R2 when race
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:46 AM   #4325
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
lol heath i want to see that body on the R2 when race
Accually, that is the transportation TO the track...350Z...I don't think so...be to the track 10 minutes before it does...unless I have to stop for gas... I took that picture this morning...it's somthing different.
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
Old 09-06-2003, 05:42 PM   #4326
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
at least its not hpi where you have to buy just about eveything to get it up to par
You don`t know how right you are

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 05:52 PM   #4327
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Accually, that is the transportation TO the track...350Z...I don't think so...be to the track 10 minutes before it does...unless I have to stop for gas... I took that picture this morning...it's somthing different.
Got a big ass blower on that thing man, lol, that thing would be impounded in a heartbeat here in cali. That's your ride?
Old 09-06-2003, 10:13 PM   #4328
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Got a big ass blower on that thing man, lol, that thing would be impounded in a heartbeat here in cali. That's your ride?
no, lol, it's not my ride. It's the neighbors great great-grandmother's grocery getter. She's like 89 years old.

LOL, I was lying...It belongs to some guy that worked at an exhaust shop I drove by...made ya think though.
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
Old 09-06-2003, 10:28 PM   #4329
Tech Prophet

I'm a fan of the 4 bangers, heck I have a 2.0 liter 4 banger that puts out 254whp naturally aspirated (I like to brag about that ) but that thing would definately turn some heads
Old 09-06-2003, 10:36 PM   #4330
Regional Moderator

I never got into that whole euro, mini cars. I'm 37, I like the old time 55 chevies, and street rods...70's muscle cars...pass everything but a gas station. Now, I'm happy with my old beater work truck, let the wife that the nicer vehicle...that caddy sure would make em stare though..lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caddy3.jpg (126.7 KB, 55 views)
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
Old 09-07-2003, 11:38 AM   #4331
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Well I'm back from the last round of the SMTCA at Benarty.
We were lucky and it didn't rain, although it looked close at times.
I didn't get on well with the track, it's large, the rostrum is too close to the track so I had a lot of problems seeing the corners at each end, some races I had to drive through blind spots caused by other drivers hats At one end, which I could usualy see ok, there was a chicane which I really didn't like, the line of entry is just totaly unobvious, I found myself driving it about three different ways and never really being able to tell which was working best, none of them were great anyway. I always seemed to loose atleast a little time there.
It was odd driving with a normal diff up front on tarmac, a one way may have actually helped but didn't have the time to change it then worry about setup changes.
I qualified 5th in the A final, should have been 4th though, on my best run I was held up for over a lap as I was trying to lap someone, then when I passed him the next corner he decided to use my car as a break for the chicane, I got punted straight over the curb and ended up on my roof lost me a good few seconds whilst the marshal crossed the track, very annoying as if he hadn't hit me he'd have never made the corner himself, there was no reason for him to try carrying that much speed into the corner.
I could turn the lap times of the top three but my driving wasn't upto it, I'd run the 16.6's needed then every 2nd or 3rd lap would be a 17.1, mainly caused by a little understeer and me not braking early enough for corners since I don't normaly use them much
I skimmed my motor for the last qualifier and when I went out it was glitching down the straight, like the power was cutting out and back on very fast, very annoying, I then pulled out as the car stopped but I still had steering
I friend indicated my speedo wire had come out, loose plug I thought. Got to the car and the negative motor wire had desoldered itself from it's little plug at the speedo, very odd indeed since the motor didn't seem overly hot, I could touch it without fuss and I have sensitive hands All other wires looked fine. Totaly confused about it. My 19turn motor is near the end of it's life though, may get one light skim out of it then it's dead.
The final I had the same glitchyness but not nearly as bad, I could atleast get up to a good speed down the straight and keep up at the top of the field. Then as a guy who had had a bad start but was one of the top three passed me he hit the side of my car and spun me. I joined the track quick enough, just lost the one place he took but for the rest of the race my car would spin out badly on right hand corners, I dropped right to the back and lost several laps. Think I ended up 8th or 9th
Need to go inspect my car and find out whats wrong, didn't seem like a tyre coming off the rim, I was using a new set of CS 22 premounts and they have been solidly glued all day. I may have a serious diff problem or cvd too tired to look now
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 12:03 PM   #4332
Tech Prophet

Rough day Herm, hope you figure it out and it doesn't empty your wallet to fix
Old 09-07-2003, 05:01 PM   #4333
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

maybe next herm and it wont cost you a bundle to fix
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 05:37 PM   #4334
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

well the car is fine
it urns out that I did have a tyre coming off
all the other tyres are holding tight but the left rear which is doing the most work has come off around almost half the rim, it looks suspiciously clean, like all that was holding it on before was glue that had bled around from the other side, whereas that side hadn't had any glue aplied, assuming they apply glue in two or three places that is. Looks like I put the one poorly glued tyre in the worst place possible, the others won't even start to come off the rims when I pull at them. It seemed odd when driving it, more predictable than a tyre coming off normaly is, but must be because it's so much of it coming off

Ahwell, atleast there's nothing big to do for tomorrow nights club racing.

I'm worried about my 19turn motor though
Looks like I'll be lucky to get a light skim out of it before the comm decides to part company with the armature, it's been a little power horse all summer and now it's about to die
It would be fine if I wasn't planning on racing at one last meeting this summer, Carlisle's reverse track meeting with 19turn and 27stock classes.
Anyone heard of a motor glitching badly when it's at the end of it's life? The last qualifier it would cut out rapidly down the straight, sounded like a bloomin F1 car with it's traction control working overtime. Final it would only do it for a split second at a few spots around the tracvk when getting hard on the throttle.
I had it skimmed by someone elses lathe, could their lathe be dodgy? although they know what they are doing and although they've had a few motor problems I don't think they've had anything like this.
I have a weak suspicion about the speedo being a little fualty but it's an odd coincidence that I had the problems imediatly after a light skim.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 07:39 PM   #4335
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Well I'm back from the last round of the SMTCA at Benarty.
We were lucky and it didn't rain, although it looked close at times.
I didn't get on well with the track, it's large, the rostrum is too close to the track so I had a lot of problems seeing the corners at each end, some races I had to drive through blind spots caused by other drivers hats At one end, which I could usualy see ok, there was a chicane which I really didn't like, the line of entry is just totaly unobvious, I found myself driving it about three different ways and never really being able to tell which was working best, none of them were great anyway. I always seemed to loose atleast a little time there.
It was odd driving with a normal diff up front on tarmac, a one way may have actually helped but didn't have the time to change it then worry about setup changes.
I qualified 5th in the A final, should have been 4th though, on my best run I was held up for over a lap as I was trying to lap someone, then when I passed him the next corner he decided to use my car as a break for the chicane, I got punted straight over the curb and ended up on my roof lost me a good few seconds whilst the marshal crossed the track, very annoying as if he hadn't hit me he'd have never made the corner himself, there was no reason for him to try carrying that much speed into the corner.
I could turn the lap times of the top three but my driving wasn't upto it, I'd run the 16.6's needed then every 2nd or 3rd lap would be a 17.1, mainly caused by a little understeer and me not braking early enough for corners since I don't normaly use them much
I skimmed my motor for the last qualifier and when I went out it was glitching down the straight, like the power was cutting out and back on very fast, very annoying, I then pulled out as the car stopped but I still had steering
I friend indicated my speedo wire had come out, loose plug I thought. Got to the car and the negative motor wire had desoldered itself from it's little plug at the speedo, very odd indeed since the motor didn't seem overly hot, I could touch it without fuss and I have sensitive hands All other wires looked fine. Totaly confused about it. My 19turn motor is near the end of it's life though, may get one light skim out of it then it's dead.
The final I had the same glitchyness but not nearly as bad, I could atleast get up to a good speed down the straight and keep up at the top of the field. Then as a guy who had had a bad start but was one of the top three passed me he hit the side of my car and spun me. I joined the track quick enough, just lost the one place he took but for the rest of the race my car would spin out badly on right hand corners, I dropped right to the back and lost several laps. Think I ended up 8th or 9th
Need to go inspect my car and find out whats wrong, didn't seem like a tyre coming off the rim, I was using a new set of CS 22 premounts and they have been solidly glued all day. I may have a serious diff problem or cvd too tired to look now
86 that 19 turn...
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6