Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Barracuda from Alex racing >

Barracuda from Alex racing

Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Old 09-03-2003, 05:02 PM
  #4216  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Don't worry Dave, I'll not send you a PM not today atleast
Herminator is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 05:08 PM
  #4217  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Now YGPM Dave
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 06:03 PM
  #4218  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Dave YGPM
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 06:04 PM
  #4219  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Ok I lied.
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 06:05 PM
  #4220  
Tech Master
 
cHckbOY5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,072
Default

lol
cHckbOY5 is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 06:35 PM
  #4221  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Dave's a busy man, 6 cudas to build, and tons of PM's to answer
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 07:20 PM
  #4222  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Poor Dave, he has a post box to check too

I now know why my car was so darn slow on Monday and the motor was getting hotter than normal. The stupid positive wire joint on the motor was knackered The solder joint was dodgy and constant moving of the wire has torn the strands that weren't soldered well, I just ripped it off with very little effort. After taking apart the motor and finding it in good condition which confused me an awful lot, I expected a handful of dust and hairs, it was quite clean. Ahwell, should be back on the pace next time atleast it's always the one thing you're aware isn't perfect but think it will be ok, it never is ok
Herminator is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 07:37 PM
  #4223  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
Poor Dave, he has a post box to check too

I now know why my car was so darn slow on Monday and the motor was getting hotter than normal. The stupid positive wire joint on the motor was knackered The solder joint was dodgy and constant moving of the wire has torn the strands that weren't soldered well, I just ripped it off with very little effort. After taking apart the motor and finding it in good condition which confused me an awful lot, I expected a handful of dust and hairs, it was quite clean. Ahwell, should be back on the pace next time atleast it's always the one thing you're aware isn't perfect but think it will be ok, it never is ok
Knackered? 86 that wire, Hermie...
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 07:43 PM
  #4224  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Knackered? 86 that wire, Hermie...
Dont use the term 86 with Herminator... Lets rephrase this so everyone can understand...

Get rid of that broke ass wire Hermie

Last edited by Randy Caster; 09-03-2003 at 07:52 PM.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 08:03 PM
  #4225  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by Randman
Dont use the term 86 with Herminator... Lets rephrase this so everyone can understand...

Get rid of that broke ass wire Hermie


now you make it sound like the wire has no money, a wire cannot be wealthy so it cannot be broke.
The wire is broken
The wire is knackered
The wire is (insirt any number of swear words here)
Herminator is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 08:59 PM
  #4226  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator


now you make it sound like the wire has no money, a wire cannot be wealthy so it cannot be broke.
The wire is broken
The wire is knackered
The wire is (insirt any number of swear words here)
Classic Hermie
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 09:07 PM
  #4227  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator


now you make it sound like the wire has no money, a wire cannot be wealthy so it cannot be broke.
The wire is broken
The wire is knackered
The wire is (insirt any number of swear words here)
But the price of the wire makes it what it's worth. Try to sell that wire, and you'll realize that it is indeed, some broke ass wire
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 09:53 PM
  #4228  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
Don't worry Dave, I'll not send you a PM not today atleast
Thanks Hermi.


Still nothing yet..

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 09-03-2003, 10:48 PM
  #4229  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Looks like I'll have to go have a barny at the PO in the next couple days then
Herminator is offline  
Old 09-04-2003, 12:15 AM
  #4230  
Tech Master
 
Fatboy Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Coming soooooon
Posts: 1,052
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Here is the Pic of the Black beast..with Xenon Conversion..

-Dave
Hi Dave, great looking car. I have a question regarding the alloy front and rear hubs that you were using, are they speedway pal or similar to it? They are shorter than the Plastic ones that come with the stock cuda kit. If you are going to install the speedway pal c-hubs and rear hubs, do you also need to use the speedway pal PB042 thing to change the location of the camber links and move it lower and on the side than that of the original mounting position? I recently installed the pal hubs and noticed that my front and rear roll centers became low and noticed that I can't be too aggressive on my cuda anymore, it becomes a little bit twitchy sometimes during off power, is this caused by not fitting in part number PB042? Or are they just for the mid span arms? I notice too that the camber links become shorter when you install this part. I feel like the car doesn't like to be set up with low roll centers in front and rear. Thanks in advance, any info will be greatly appreciated.
Fatboy Joe is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.