TC3
Tech Regular

the black ones aren't teflon, right?
Old 08-18-2003, 04:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by TC3
the black ones aren't teflon, right?
nope but they are much smoother than any piston that I have used from ALEX..
-Dave...

they work really Good!!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You can now say no more Web SPecials and No more web Special PAL drive systems too ...

-Dave

I wounder where the last one went....hmmmmm
You didn't get another web special did you?

I know who got the last 3 PAL drivetrains.. hehe
Old 08-18-2003, 08:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by TC3
i orderd the grey ones #6818
I use a small shim on top of the grey pistons, and eliminated the play in them. You should be fine with em.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:18 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Randman
I use a small shim on top of the grey pistons, and eliminated the play in them. You should be fine with em.
i just canceld the order
are the grey pistons the same as the #72210 ?
Old 08-18-2003, 08:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I didn't even know that HPI made another piston set, I've only seen the grey ones everywhere I've gone... The hole sizes should be the same as the grey I'd think though.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by TC3
i just canceld the order
are the grey pistons the same as the #72210 ?
just a little different material thats all and a better fit than the teflon ones..
-Dave
Old 08-18-2003, 02:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Are they a tighter fit in the shock body as well?
Old 08-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Had a look at the rear shocks earlier and now I see what you mean about the bodies being too long, but the chassis should bottom out before the shocks stop moving, although riding curbs will make them go too far so it's something on the future to do list.
Whilst checking the shocks I also noticed my chassis is delaminating at the right rear It's been scraped badly I know, but the right corner is split down the middle and the top half is bending up slightly, much more and it will start to foul the suspension arm and ball It's odd that the bottom half is perfectly flat whilst the top half has bent up though and the edges were well sealed. There is also a bit of a chip out of the graphite in that side in the countersunk hole meant for short suspension arms, I wont be using them any time soon anyway. Good excuse to buy an upgrade kit though....

Racing tonight was a bit rushed to get it done before it was dark. Front end was gripping too well again and the rear wasn't stable. I went to Lab Pink springs up front, like I had been running a while back but I sanded the paint of the top and bottom and had the shock collars all the way up to get a decent ride height up front. I ended up moving the lower shock mount in a hole too to stiffen it up further. The rear still needs softer springs but I didn''t have anything tonight and the shock positions were as far out as they go so I just tried lowering it a little to give it a little more stability. Also needed to change my tyres as I running an old set, trying to save the good ones for big events, second run though the old ones went crap and there was nothing I could do to stop the car swapping ends in half the corners. Belts showing through in a few spots and coming off the rims, time for the bin. Put good CS22's on and all was ok again.
Last qualifier was my best, and half the other A final drivers as we had five cars running within 6 seconds of each other for most of the 5minutes. I ended up 4th on the grid and in the five minutes as I got ready to race I noticed the top left turnbuckle had come loose and since it's on the side the diff gear is I couldn't get to the screw to stop it turning whilst I tightened up the ball so to stop it moving as much I shoved blue tack around it and went out to the grid where everyone was waiting for me car wasn't handling too bad, probably the best all night apart from the inconsistancy on occasion. Got a bad first lap yet again and was last, then another guy who was in the A final for his second ever time made a few mistakes and so I easily passed him, he ended up over a lap behind I think by the end of the race. I was chasing down 4th and then the guy in 3rd started getting problems with his car and he dropped out after a few laps of running last. I would of been racing with him and the other guy I was chasing all race, I caught the guy now in 3rd quickly in the middle of the race, the cuda was taking awsome speed at the squared off corner at the end of the straight, but I wasn't quite as fast in another twistier section. Then I made a few tiny mistakes and let the lead car who was lapping me through far too early, lost a couple of second there alone, I was too darn nice I was closing with about a minute to go but it would be close if I wanted to pass by the end of the race, then about three laps to go he started to dump, boy did I feel sorry for him as it would of been a close race otherwise, in the end I just breezed past him after a lap of him slowing, by the end I was a alf lap ahead and had a safe third place. I pretty good result considering.
With a bit more tuning to get some off power stability I should do well next week, if I'm not too tired from the Sunday before Need a very good result to get into third in the championship though, something like 2nd in qualifying and the final. Last night for the club outdoors, should be interesting.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

And the winner for the longest post in Barracuda History.....

HERMINATOR! (croud cheering)

Old 08-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randman
And the winner for the longest post in Barracuda History.....

HERMINATOR! (croud cheering)

atleast you were scrolling for a better reason than to get past a sig

I'd like to thank my parents for giving birth to me, my primary school teacher for teaching me to write, my dictionary for teaching me to spell and DELL for building my dull but sturdy keyboard
Thanks
Old 08-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

3 cheers for Herminator!...

hip hip hurray!!!
hip hip hurray!!!
hip hip hurray!!!

I think I'll take a break and cold one...
Old 08-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator
atleast you were scrolling for a better reason than to get past a sig

I'd like to thank my parents for giving birth to me, my primary school teacher for teaching me to write, my dictionary for teaching me to spell and DELL for building my dull but sturdy keyboard
Thanks
As Dave would say, "classic Hermie"
Old 08-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ORANGE

I think I'll buy one of these to take my WEB to and back from the track....

Old 08-18-2003, 03:16 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: ORANGE

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I think I'll buy one of these to take my WEB to and back from the track....

is that the new Nissan, web special 350Z???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.