Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Barracuda from Alex racing >

Barracuda from Alex racing

Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Old 08-01-2003, 12:22 PM
  #3361  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
yeppers the hubs and such no chassis
they wouldn`t happen to be red now would they

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 12:24 PM
  #3362  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
they wouldn`t happen to be red now would they

-Dave
yeppers your right red front and rear on one pal car
and silver on the other pal car front and rear
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 12:27 PM
  #3363  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
yeppers your right red front and rear on one pal car
and silver on the other pal car front and rear
Sweet Post some pic`s when you are done with them

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 12:28 PM
  #3364  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Sweet Post some pic`s when you are done with them

-Dave
the silver you have seen but once im done with the red one i will post them together
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 01:18 PM
  #3365  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

I definately want to check the pics out as well
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 03:18 PM
  #3366  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Has anyone here tried playing with the bladder/foam used in the yokomo bladder shock caps? I've seen yokomo make three different types, the standard white ones, some softer yellow ones and stiffer blue ones, for different tarmac types. Dave, I've seen you've started using the Yoke bladder caps, you try out loads of things, you tried these yet?
Herminator is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 04:01 PM
  #3367  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

I'm off to Hitec, gonna get as much practice time in as I can. Hopefully the Cuda will come out on top at this race
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 06:59 PM
  #3368  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Hey RBF, just been looking at your no roll bar setup on the Alex Racing USA site, I have a question or two

You seem to be using an awful lot of front end toe out, doesn't this scrub quite a bit of speed? or does the cornering speed more than make up for it.

You also have very little camber on either end, yet your suspension isn't exactly hard, so I'd have thought you'd get quite a bit of chassis roll, don't you get uneven tyre wear?

How does the kick up at the front help things?
Herminator is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 07:25 PM
  #3369  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
Has anyone here tried playing with the bladder/foam used in the yokomo bladder shock caps? I've seen yokomo make three different types, the standard white ones, some softer yellow ones and stiffer blue ones, for different tarmac types. Dave, I've seen you've started using the Yoke bladder caps, you try out loads of things, you tried these yet?
I have a set on the BLue Cuda....but I have Rayspeed medium type blader inserts..... but I haven`t taken that Cuda back to the Track as of yet due to the fact that the FLAP JACK ATTACK CHASSIS IS JACK`D ..it`s toast Time for a normal chassis or a ALEX Web R2 chassis with new PAL Right motor mount...hmmmm

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 07:36 PM
  #3370  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I have a set on the BLue Cuda....but I have Rayspeed medium type blader inserts..... but I haven`t taken that Cuda back to the Track as of yet due to the fact that the FLAP JACK ATTACK CHASSIS IS JACK`D ..it`s toast Time for a normal chassis or a ALEX Web R2 chassis with new PAL Right motor mount...hmmmm

-Dave
LOL, still got a banana shaped cuda then have you
surely you have plenty of chassis laying around
Herminator is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 07:39 PM
  #3371  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
LOL, still got a banana shaped cuda then have you
surely you have plenty of chassis laying around
Nope I gave my normal Chassis to my buddy 2 weeks ago when his broke buy the battery slots from a T-Bone hit with a GP 1/8 car!!

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 07:42 PM
  #3372  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Nope I gave my normal Chassis to my buddy 2 weeks ago when his broke buy the battery slots from a T-Bone hit with a GP 1/8 car!!

-Dave
talk about bad timing but what the heck was he doing on the track with a GP 1/8th car? must of been hit at some speed
Herminator is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 07:47 PM
  #3373  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
talk about bad timing but what the heck was he doing on the track with a GP 1/8th car? must of been hit at some speed
You would be surprised on how fast a Barracuda R2 is with a 2 Speed and a 17T Spec motor....I was having a hard time keeping up with him on the straights with a 12x2 Reedy Ti but the Reedy 12x2 Krypton would kill him and come close to the 1/8 GP car
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 07:52 PM
  #3374  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You would be surprised on how fast a Barracuda R2 is with a 2 Speed and a 17T Spec motor....I was having a hard time keeping up with him on the straights with a 12x2 Reedy Ti but the Reedy 12x2 Krypton would kill him and come close to the 1/8 GP car
-Dave
strange that, I've seen someone trying out new motors and they found they couldn't get anything special out of the Krypton, it wasn't slow but there were plenty faster mod cars around running 12turns too. The put in a D5 flatliner and it was an awful lot faster, although it seemed to have an odd power delivery, it would start like an average good mod then when it picked up speed there was a big boost in power never seen anything like it on any electric car.
Herminator is offline  
Old 08-01-2003, 08:14 PM
  #3375  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default R2 nobar setup sheet

Originally posted by Herminator
Hey RBF, just been looking at your no roll bar setup on the Alex Racing USA site, I have a question or two

You seem to be using an awful lot of front end toe out, doesn't this scrub quite a bit of speed? or does the cornering speed more than make up for it.

You also have very little camber on either end, yet your suspension isn't exactly hard, so I'd have thought you'd get quite a bit of chassis roll, don't you get uneven tyre wear?

How does the kick up at the front help things?
Hey Herm:
I made 2 slight mistake on that setup sheet....way to many ideas bouncing around in this mans mind
The 1mm shim (at present 2mm) is placed under the rear pivot on the front susp arm = more turn in\less caster

Front toe should read +.5 tow-out, looks like it says +5 deg toe-out on pic ?

The camber I ajdust to tyre wear, we have a small high-bite banked oval course at SoCal, that may require a slightly different setting for camber.

Utilising the long arms the chassis simply doesn't roll much, I am still trying to find which springs offer the best balance, this week I have the softest Alex springs on the car 1.4x7.00, with a liteweight Tamiya NSX body the car still looks fairly flat in the corners, now again the absence of any cogging on the Novak Brushless motor may help to keep the car from dumping over in the corners as much.

Next week is bladder cap test time, need more steering in this heat/humidity wave we are currently experiencing.
RedBullFiXX is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.