R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-24-2002, 04:22 PM   #286
Tech Adept

Default barracuda

contact [email protected]

he can get Barracudas. And he is located in the US.
www.outofcontrolimports.net

thanks.
rleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 07:37 PM   #287
Tech Adept

One Flag made one of the best option part for Barracuda, the Reinforced motor mount. This saves a lot of Spur Gear from stripping. I am waiting for the new Center one way from Alex Racing. This car is very easy to drive and fun.

Usagi, how is Barracuda doing in Japan? Are they big in stock class or modified class? I probably think they are very big in stock class because of CE-4. How about Atlas YM34-Type Si? Are they as big as Barracuda?
TRF414M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 09:13 PM   #288
Tech Regular

The baracuda is doing very well in Japan. Like I said their id about 5 companys making hop ups for the baracuda. It looks like the car is around to stay..........
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 09:15 PM   #289
Tech Regular

The YM34-Type Si, well it doing ok but not great..........
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 09:36 PM   #290
Tech Regular

ttt
rcruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 11:14 AM   #291
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Arm flex

I just got my car and it looks great. I noticed that when I put stiffer springs on the shocks that the arms flexed alot before the shocks moved. Has anyone else noticed this? Are there stiffer arms available, or anything else that will fix the problem? Also I can't seem to find the torque rods for the front end. If anyone knows where I can order them please let me know. Thanks
dway100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 06:01 PM   #292
Tech Regular

Default Re: Arm flex

Quote:
Originally posted by dway100
I just got my car and it looks great. I noticed that when I put stiffer springs on the shocks that the arms flexed alot before the shocks moved. Has anyone else noticed this? Are there stiffer arms available, or anything else that will fix the problem? Also I can't seem to find the torque rods for the front end. If anyone knows where I can order them please let me know. Thanks
You can buy optional square arms if you can find.
I also heard that there is an optional a-arm stiffining parts but haven't seen it.
You can also cut and put some plastic on the a-arms.

Try here for options.
It's best for you to email them first.

Rc-models in HK
http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/eshopping/default.htm

Control center in HK
http://controlcentre.rctech.net/hp/...%20shop%20a.htm

Rainbowten in Japan
http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html
Old 07-30-2002, 07:06 PM   #293
Tech Adept

There is graphite options parts for stiffer arms, like from flop. But you can use some kind of fiber board or circuit board to cut it and glue it to the a-arms.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:44 PM   #294
Tech Rookie

Inside story: GPM just did some shopping last week.

GPM bought a 'Flag One' motor mount from uncle Chan of MK last week. GPM is going to fabricate something similar.
If a new motor mount comes out from GPM, it is not going to cost >9000 Yen.

People are already joking. If you buy this GPM motor mount, make sure you bring your bottom chassis plate to test-fit first. If both GPM and Jet duplicate this motor mount, I'll get Jet's. Jet seems more precise people are saying. Anyway Flag One's motor mount is grossly over-priced.
moonwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 08:27 PM   #295
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF414M
There is graphite options parts for stiffer arms, like from flop. But you can use some kind of fiber board or circuit board to cut it and glue it to the a-arms.
Do you know where I can get those?

moonwalker > Do you have picture of it?

Thank you.
Old 07-30-2002, 11:22 PM   #296
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Tsubasa Sakai

Quote:
Originally posted by moonwalker
Inside story: GPM just did some shopping last week.

GPM bought a 'Flag One' motor mount from uncle Chan of MK last week. GPM is going to fabricate something similar.
If a new motor mount comes out from GPM, it is not going to cost >9000 Yen.

People are already joking. If you buy this GPM motor mount, make sure you bring your bottom chassis plate to test-fit first. If both GPM and Jet duplicate this motor mount, I'll get Jet's. Jet seems more precise people are saying. Anyway Flag One's motor mount is grossly over-priced.
TRF 414M: What do you think about 'this' motor mount??
Tsubasa Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 12:18 AM   #297
Tech Rookie

I would have to take a photo from the window display of the hobby shops to show you the picture. In other words I would not do it. You can imagine. It's basically a motor mount and a rear shaft mount altogether in a one-piece metallic bracket.

Some say even a 64 pitch spur wouldn't strip. This cannot be true. It's just that they haven't tested it thoroughly. The chance of stripping a spur can only be reduced but not eliminated. Even a belt drive tc which has the spur and motor mount all in one-piece will strip spur. It's a fact.
moonwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 01:55 AM   #298
Tech Adept

Let's talk about the Graphite reinforcement. I made a mistake calling it "flop". But the website's name is actually "Flap".

This is a way that they fix the flex of the A arms. But to be honest, people in HK tried it and they went back to the original arms.

For the One Flag motor mount, this is one of the most important options that you can buy for this car. I am not a good driver and I tend to strip the Spur Gear every round because of some accidents before the motor mount. But with this motor mount, the spur gear last the entire night without changing. So far, most of my friend would buy it and they love it. I am currently using the Speedway Pal version of One Flag.

I personally would not buy GPM options parts because their best stuff are for export only. They will usually leave the inferior quality in HK. To be honest, GPM is late this time because for most people with Barracuda in HK already bought the "One FLag" motor mount. So, I don't know why do they bother to buy one? Maybe they are planning to sell it in Europe and US?
Old 08-05-2002, 09:22 PM   #299
Tech Regular

ttt
Old 08-13-2002, 08:56 AM   #300
Tech Regular

So is there a distributor for the car in the U.S.?
If so what would the Price be, around 300 or so is
what I been seeing.

Or would I have to get one from One of the Overseas
Companies?

Thanks for any help.

2fast4u2 racing. Home of the TK mod. (Go Faster)
2Fast4U2 is offline   Reply With Quote