R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-12-2002, 08:14 PM   #271
Tech Adept

I tested the car yesterday night at PYC. The track is just too compare this car to original Barracuda. I didn't bring my other Barracuda along. I was fortunate to have a lot of people help me set the car up yesterday night.

Here is my setting at PYC yesterday night (23 Turn)

Front
Camber -1
Toe In 0
Just lower hole (just try to make the camber link horizontal, this help the overall steering)
Front Clearance 4.5mm
No Front Roll Bar
Trinity 40WT Shock Oil
Comet Spring 1.4 x 5.25

Rear
Camber -1
Toe In 3 degree per side with the 2 degree Hub
Upper hole Camber link
Comet Roll Bar 1.2mm
Rear Clearance 4.5mm
Trinity 35WT Shock Oil
Comet Spring 1.4 x 5.5

Body Protoform 2.0 But I think M300 (Comet) will get better steering response.
TRF414M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 08:18 PM   #272
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

dway100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 09:12 PM   #273
Tech Regular

I was curious.
Is anybody actually racing it?

Thank you.
rcruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 09:31 PM   #274
Tech Addict

I just bought the one Diva had for sale on this site. I should have it in a week or so. I plan on racing it, but it won't be for another month or two. The only racing we have going on around here right now is offroad and dirt oval. The carpet tracks shut down for the summer. Has anyone ran their car on carpet yet?
dway100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 09:42 PM   #275
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by dway100
I just bought the one Diva had for sale on this site. I should have it in a week or so. I plan on racing it, but it won't be for another month or two. The only racing we have going on around here right now is offroad and dirt oval. The carpet tracks shut down for the summer. Has anyone ran their car on carpet yet?
No carpet track around here.
rcruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 08:56 PM   #276
Tech Initiate

I know I did this kinda backwards but oh well. I just bid on a barracuda on ebay to use as a second kit for indoor season. I got it at a decent price. I know the guy that is selling it and it was used once and he beat the field down with it. Anyway I shoulda done some research before I bid but oh well. I read this whole thread and wasn't really able or thrilled with the websites from over in the far east. How hard will it be to get parts for this thing? Can I go into my lhs and just give the guy part numbers like I did with my yok, and do with my tc3 and xxxt? Anybody use this thing on carpet yet? I really love indoor carpet racing, I live offroad too much so my tc's collect dust in the summer. Thanks for any pointers and such.
jesse370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 12:07 AM   #277
Tech Adept

First of all, where do you live? If you live in the US, I think you will have some difficulties on getting spare parts. This is because Alex Racing Design is a relatively small company. Usually the best way to stock the spare parts is through online shops like Control Centre and etc.

So far, the major weakness of this car is the front portion of the chassis has a tendency to break a lot because of the plastic for the front bumper. It is just way too thick. I am trying to use a dremel to file down that plastic and keep that as thin as possible. I rather break that plastics other than my chassis. I am waiting for the center one way right now as the new options from Alex.
TRF414M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 12:35 AM   #278
Tech Adept

At first glance it looks similiar but drivetrain of the HPI proto is borrowed from TC3 and suspension is different . This months RC/Car has article about Pro 4.
azDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 03:05 AM   #279
Tech Regular

The kit is nice, and there are alot of 3rd company options coming out these days! I count 5 different companies............. It looks like this company is here to say!...........BTW, this is a Japanese company not korean, I met the owners last year and they are the nicest people you can ever met!
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 05:31 AM   #280
Tech Initiate

my bad yeah I'm in the states. I went to control centers website and it just really frustrated me. And I think that it is weird they only take paypal or check money order. man I hope someone out bids me. Man I should've read this thread first.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:39 AM   #281
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by jesse370
my bad yeah I'm in the states. I went to control centers website and it just really frustrated me. And I think that it is weird they only take paypal or check money order. man I hope someone out bids me. Man I should've read this thread first.
just retract your bid and then you will have no problems
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 08:09 AM   #282
Tech Champion

I ordered mine from rcmodel and it took them a week and a half to tell me that they were out of them even though the website said they were in stock, I cancelled my order after that. Isn't there someone in the states that would import this car? I hate dealing with oversea's internet hobby shop's
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 09:24 AM   #283
Tech Regular

Matt, problem is the alex company is to small. they don`t have the abilty to deal wityh over seas distru.......... But maybe some time soon they might .................. The Baracuda is getting big here in Japan really big!
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 10:04 AM   #284
Tech Initiate

I don't want to do that because not only do I race with the guy that is selling it on ebay, but also because it woudn't be right to do. It was my mistake and I'll eat it now.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:51 PM   #285
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by jesse370
I don't want to do that because not only do I race with the guy that is selling it on ebay, but also because it woudn't be right to do. It was my mistake and I'll eat it now.
well explain your mistake to your buddy and have him cancel
your bids.there is no harm there!
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote