Barracuda from Alex racing

Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Old 07-05-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Sway bar problem??

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
Dave: Thanks for remind.I think the shock towers are same as Alex.

Actually now my stock Pal responces not fast enough in S-corners.
The both shocks are in the 2nd inner holes already.
Any recommendation to improve it??
Thanks.
well 1st tell me what your set up is and I might be able to help you out..oil springs ect ect

-Dave
Old 07-05-2003, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

aww no more web editions, ahwell, I'll have to wait until they release a super edition or make my own
How about some of that Champiegn Gold anodizing Dave or Steve.... you could creat the Speedtech Gold Edition but please, not green, yuk, it's on road racing, we have to stay off the green stuff as the comentators say

How was the racing then?
Old 07-05-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
aww no more web editions, ahwell, I'll have to wait until they release a super edition or make my own
How about some of that Champiegn Gold anodizing Dave or Steve.... you could creat the Speedtech Gold Edition but please, not green, yuk, it's on road racing, we have to stay off the green stuff as the comentators say

How was the racing then?
the Chapagne Gold looks really nice...
and as for the racing tonigh..... It didn`t happen because of a few things one the computer that was running the AMB system took a dump and secondly..my power supply wnt south also... ...can you say a streak of bad luck over the past week or so

OH well it happens some times " Forest Gump"

-Dave
Old 07-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: and these were the LAst 2 that ALEX Racing had

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
55 & 58 for the web ed`s

-Dave
that is a cool picture 2 of them babies there
Old 07-05-2003, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

the Chapagne Gold looks really nice...
and as for the racing tonigh..... It didn`t happen because of a few things one the computer that was running the AMB system took a dump and secondly..my power supply wnt south also... ...can you say a streak of bad luck over the past week or so

OH well it happens some times " Forest Gump"

-Dave
Yikes, when it rains it poors
Ahwell, gives you an excuse to buy a bigger and better power supply
Old 07-05-2003, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: and these were the LAst 2 that ALEX Racing had

Originally posted by Ko Racer
that is a cool picture 2 of them babies there
I know ..is like when the 1st set that I had was at my house when I got back from vacation I might just keep them

-Dave
Old 07-05-2003, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Default R2 One-way bearing

Hi, I have a question regarding the one way bearing of the R2. During our set up test in our local track, a friend of mine had a really bad crash. As I picked up the car, I saw the knuckle popped out of the C-hub and the left side One way drive cup popped out too. After putting the knuckle back in place and replacing the screws in, I noticed that I was having a hard time putting in the one way drive cup in. I thought there was dirt so I pulled it out completely and took a peek inside. I saw 2 pieces of roller bearings blocking the hole, so I carefully took them out and kept them. now, my question is, is this normal with the R2 one way bearings? Can I still put those roller bearings back? The bearings doesn't seem to be caged because it was sort of held by grease. I havent really touched the one way assembly because I needed some views about it first. Can the one way housing be opened? Btw, after taking out the 2 pieces of bearings, I put everyhting back and started running again (the car is built like a tank, what can I say? ) After a few batteries and crashes, I guess something had to give, the left c-hub upper tab broke off, after hitting an open end pipe border at full speed....I was expecting a major major damage, but I got disappointed when I saw that it was just the C-hub, hehehe, that car is really tough.

The track than we ran on today is considered a low bite track but the R2 was hooked up all the time specially when I moved the rear camber links to the inner hole on top of the upper deck which lengthened the links. Also, I was using badly worn out sorex 40R and the car was still performing up to par. I was still happy eventhough the car broke after a few batteries coz the car was really dialed in and it was so easy to do it. The car easily reacts to small changes in set up Btw, I was using a Trinity D5 10single motor and GP3300 Promatch batteries.

Last edited by Fatboy Joe; 07-05-2003 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Yikes, dunno how you managed to do that to the one way, no idea how fixable it is either, it may be prone to it happening again if you do managed to get it back together. Maybe you can remove the bearing and get a new one fitted, could be difficult though.

Davem nice idea about keeping them cuda's but you can't be that evil, or could you
Old 07-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: R2 One-way bearing

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
I was expecting a major major damage, but I got disappointed when I saw that it was just the C-hub, hehehe, that car is really tough.
next time i'll borrow your car...
Old 07-05-2003, 05:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Randman

look here
That's my baby!!! Aint she beautiful?
Old 07-05-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: R2 One-way bearing

Hi, I have a question regarding the one way bearing of the R2. During our set up test in our local track, a friend of mine had a really bad crash. As I picked up the car, I saw the knuckle popped out of the C-hub and the left side One way drive cup popped out too. After putting the knuckle back in place and replacing the screws in, I noticed that I was having a hard time putting in the one way drive cup in. I thought there was dirt so I pulled it out completely and took a peek inside. I saw 2 pieces of roller bearings blocking the hole, so I carefully took them out and kept them. now, my question is, is this normal with the R2 one way bearings? Can I still put those roller bearings back?
OK here is the thing about the front one ways.... you can put those pieces of the one way back in...but eventually the bearing will fail if you have a couple of bac crashes like that again...there is a fix to that though...ALEX racing makes a front one way that has 4 oneway bearings inside it and is quite durable.... One thing I would suggest is invest ins a set of alloy front c-hubs they can take a beating if you have a hard time driving or the people next to you can drive and take out all of the time in my case

-Dave
Old 07-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

JDM_DOHC_SiR: Thanks for the info on the bearings. I thought it was already a double oneway set up at first that came with the kit. Anyway, I 'll just order them soon.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

JDM_DOHC_SiR: Thanks for the info on the bearings. I thought it was already a double oneway set up at first that came with the kit. Anyway, I 'll just order them soon.
it is a double one way ..1 oneway bearing per drive cup but the other one I`m talking about has 2 oneway bearings per side

-Dave
Old 07-06-2003, 08:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

How important would you say the quad 1 way is? Is it really going to help improve the durability of the car much, or just there more as an option?
Old 07-06-2003, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up RE: 4 brg 1-way

I believe, the 4 bearing one-way comes standard with the kits from Speedtech. Thats what mine came with.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.