R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-28-2003, 10:01 AM   #2566
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Quote:
Originally posted by John_S
hi i was just wondering if there is any diference in performance between the plastic center shaft holder and the anodized one thx for any help
The alloy one won't make the car any faster, but it will be more precise and reduce some shaft wobble.

Just back from setting things up for tomorrow, did a few laps before we packed things away again, car is going well, a little loose at the rear but that should go when the dust is removed by more cars running tomorrow, we already took shovel loads of dirt off the place
Secret of tomorrows racing, stay of those corner dots they're not very rideable in the first place and now some of them are next to rough patches, which we had to try hard to avoid.
Looks like with a good build last night and the alloy shaft holder added up front I've got a very nice shaft alignment, mesh is good all the way around and it was a little quieter than normal today, helped by no diff sheilds which seem to echo the sound.

I still can't believe you broke that A arm Dave, what you hit? an armor plated sumo wrestler running towards it?
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 04:49 PM   #2567
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator

I still can't believe you broke that A arm Dave, what you hit? an armor plated sumo wrestler running towards it?
it`s called being caught up and the other car taking you in to the wood 2X4 thats sticking out on the track in the corners

Oh well $h!t happens

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 06:53 PM   #2568
Tech Regular

Default Torx

I noticed in the pictures that torx screws are used. What are the sizes of the screws so I can go buy some wrenches.
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 08:04 PM   #2569
Tech Regular

Default Torx

oops
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 10:17 PM   #2570
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I want to know as well, does the web special include a torx driver?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 10:30 PM   #2571
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Tsubasa Sakai

Dave: Did you try SWP RX7 body?Any comment?

Also you have PM.
Tsubasa Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 04:52 AM   #2572
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default WRENCH

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I want to know as well, does the web special include a torx driver?
randman .....yes it comes with a Torx wrench T-10 and comes with a nice turnbuckle wrench, and a wrench for the ti shock holders

now you will be wanting to buy a alex tool box and tools
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 12:07 PM   #2573
Tech Elite

Well I had a frustrating day. There were a lot of problems with intereference all day, I ended up standing along another side of the track from the rostrum and still had a few hits through the races. There was also a big lack of grip for everyone, and my one way was not helping at all, didn't have time to change it to a normal diff though, although I should have for the final I didn't want to start a final with an unknown setup. I had to settle for loosening the rear diff, which was far too tight, softer rear springs. I'm strugling to get a low enough ride height with my springs though, looks like I'll need to buy Alex Racing versions. The track was too dirty for exposed diffs too, so the sheild will be going back on soon, even though they make maintenence more tricky
First run I was strugling to get around the track, I had to move positions to try get rid of glitches, ended up with a time that was two laps off the pace.
Second and third runs were terrible and I had to concentrate on finding the best place to stand and getting setup half decent.
Final run had to be good or I would be in the B final, the car was better and I only got the occasional glitch, ended up bettering my time by a lot and being half a lap off the pace, maybe a bit more but atleast I'd made it into the A final. After all runs were done I was 8th in the A, not great but there were a lot of the faster drivers from mod trying 19T so they were putting in solid runs. In the final I got more interference and the car seemed to have lost some grip, it was very tricky to drive. I was doing ok but had the occasional spin out or run wide, ended up 8th again. Really quite annoyed because I could get the occasional quick lap and be on the pace of the fastest but then the car would just shoot off to one side or the other or I'd get a burst of throttle and do a nice spin.
Going to try racing with a normal diff for the next few weeks and my transmitter will be going for calibration asap. If there is interference to be had, I'll get it, I think my KO is showing it's age since I got it second hand. All chances of a championship top place are gone I think, should make the top five if the rest of the season is ok, I'll struglle to reach thrid though
Old 06-29-2003, 12:44 PM   #2574
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Re: WRENCH

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
randman .....yes it comes with a Torx wrench T-10 and comes with a nice turnbuckle wrench, and a wrench for the ti shock holders

now you will be wanting to buy a alex tool box and tools
I was hoping it would come with the toold I'd need, so that's cool. I would definately buy the Alex tools, but I am a Hudy freak, have like every wrench Hudy has ever made.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 04:27 PM   #2575
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

My biggest problem is where in the "F" do you put the radio gear?Nothing fits,had to cut one part of the servo to get it to fit,receiver and speed controler cant seem to get them to fit very well either,never had any problems with any of my other cars,i hope it's worth the fustration.On alot of these newer touring cars it allmost looks like they forgot it's an RC,because you need some really small radio gear to get it to fit.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 04:44 PM   #2576
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
My biggest problem is where in the "F" do you put the radio gear?Nothing fits,had to cut one part of the servo to get it to fit,receiver and speed controler cant seem to get them to fit very well either,never had any problems with any of my other cars,i hope it's worth the fustration.On alot of these newer touring cars it allmost looks like they forgot it's an RC,because you need some really small radio gear to get it to fit.
Here is how most Barracuda users do it ..reciver on top of the servo....

-Dave

Old 06-29-2003, 04:45 PM   #2577
Tech Elite

Yeah you need to cut your servo lug to get it under the drive shaft. If you have big electronics you would normaly put the reciever ontop of the servo and the ESC on the chassis next to the motor. I can fit all my electronics on the chassis, receiver next to the servo, then ESC between reciever and motor, could fit a power cap next to the drive shaft if I needed to. The ESc is close to the motor end but it's a neat fit and my ESC isn't as small as some. You can always get the Futaba 9550 servo, which will give you more electronics room since it's low profile.
The cuda is by no means one of the bad cars for electronics space, you should try an RC Lab Comapnies expect if you're buying a top level kit you're likely to have top level and therefore small electronics.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:47 PM   #2578
Tech Elite

Hey dave that orange cuda looks a little dirty, you been racing it?
Old 06-29-2003, 04:57 PM   #2579
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Hey dave that orange cuda looks a little dirty, you been racing it?
nope thats not my car it`s the owner of ALEX Racings R1 that is actually GOLD colored

-Dave

also check this out!! it looks like a slipper clutch to hold the gear more true ...this is the 1st time I have ever seen this

Old 06-29-2003, 05:05 PM   #2580
Tech Champion

Wink Web Special ..pointers

I was looking at my chassis and I notice a exta hole in the chassis behind the motor mount and it has been baffeling me for a bit...untill today ..it stubbled across this picture and it made it all clear to me...

so Ko Racer/ Randman...and who ever else has these Web R2`s here is a Idea for you all to make the rear of the car more Stiff

-Dave