Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Fatboy if you're running the box stock R2 and your pinions aren't reaching the spur you probably have the spur on the wrong side of the spur gear adapter/holder. Move it to the other side and you should be okay.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

He's probably got it on the right side, but on the "wrong" side it can work better. It seems to me the best place would be right where the flanges for the spur to sit on are located. Right now I have the spur on the rear side and have pinions on the very end of the motor shaft, I'm using kimbrough spurs which are nice and wide, I found I had to use the other side with using thin spurs like RW's but I stopped using them because they are too soft to use when the spur wobbles even a little without the SpeedWay system. When using the spur on the "wrong" side I found I had to put the pinions on so they almost touched the motor can, not good for allowing for the armature movement.
The Speedway system actually has the spur in an inbetween location so it's better all round.

I REALLY want a Speedway PAL Drive System in blue come on Speedway PAL get that machining machine going I'd like a graphite shaft too please
Old 06-26-2003, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

DOTMAN: Yup! You're right. I got it on the wrong side. Thanks for the tip
Old 06-26-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator

I REALLY want a Speedway PAL Drive System in blue come on Speedway PAL get that machining machine going I'd like a graphite shaft too please
T-- 4 days and counting for the Carbon shafts.... also Steve at SpeedTech should have some in...along with some alloy transponder mounts ....as for the Drive shaft getting to Speed Tech before the middle of July....I`m not 100% SURE BUT ...you might hit Steve up when He gets back form Nats..
-Dave
Old 06-26-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Kinda hard to work out exactly what you meant there Dave all jumbled up
Would be good if he had the drive system and transponder mount when he gets back, then he could send them with my mates Evo3 Surikan Edition
I think I've been a victim of my motor's power, it's like you said, the PAL system is very helpful when running a mod motor and not so needed when running stock or 19t, well when I'm 6seconds behind the 12turns at my club and a lap down on a very fast guy with a 12t at a larger track, less than half a lap down on everyone else behind him it's about time for the PAL system.

Should have a parcel from Steve arriving tomorrow, alloy shaft holder for the front and other spare bits and pieces. Trying to decided weatehr or not to run without diff sheilds though They seem to have worked on all but one occasion, our track is pretty manky, but I don't know how well the strange bits and peices would pass through if the sheilds weren't there. The sheilds are a pain when something is needing done though, like changing spurs.

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.....
Old 06-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default Diff Covers

Hermie

I took my covers off for two reasons. Firstly, easier access to everything such as spur gear and much easier inspection/cleaning of the bevel and crown gears. Secondly and more importantly so you can see the lovely red alloy better

I messed up one bevel gear through a stuck stone before I took off the cases and have not had a problem since.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:48 AM
Tech Champion

Default I newer run them

...... some of the tracks that I go to are not in the best condition...but I run with out them anyways...makes working on the car much better..

-Dave
Old 06-28-2003, 04:29 AM
Tech Champion

Talking First time out at the track in a while

When I just got back from the track today with a little practice in the morning time and racing at night....not a huge turn out but it was more like novice night in the sportsman 23T stock class ...anyways ...I was able to drive my PAL Barracuda today and I must say that this car really has some awsome cornering speed....I hardly scrub any speed in the corners at all.... ...Soooooo first rounds of qualifing were 5 min 5 runs ...my 1st round was pretty good...but I was stuck in the same heat with the tracks local hot shoe...soo it ended up chaseing him the entire 1st round and waiting for his mistakes..but that was yet to be seen...anyways I was able to turn faster lap times than him on a few laps...but his driving was much more up to par than mine ....so I places 2nd in that round ...in the next round I was stucj\k with him again and about every novice driver in the entire Yokohama Area ....to of the A$$ Clowns sent me in to the boards in the big sweeping corner and made me toss my batterys compleatly out of the car and ripped the negative wire compleatly out of the speed control OH well luckly I had a few spare parts that I brought with so I could fix it...so that round was pretty much shot... on to the mains which there was only 2 tonight ... ...so I was 4th on the starting grid fro the A main and that put me dead in the mean of the class so luck has it that I was able to dodge the 1st big pile up in the mid feild.. and low and behold....I`m in the lead ...for the time being...... ...so I`m holding a majority of the pack back and I start to come up on the slower traffic ...coming out of the midfeild and Murphys Law strikes me hard one of the last place guys car spins out and my car clips the side of it and really takes me out hard.... ....the whole left front PAL A-arm when to R/C Parts heaven

just have a look at the attached pick to see the damage

I hope that some of these guys wont be at the track next time so I can actually do well in a race ..I`ll be racing again on the 5th of July...so I`ll to report back with the damage or the win results

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-picture-170.jpg  

Last edited by JDM_DOHC_SiR; 06-28-2003 at 04:48 AM.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

that must of been a hell of a crash to cause that
I'm just about to go help setup the track for tomorrow, do some testing of the cuda too, not that I'm going to make many changes, I hope
Nice to see you're still on the pace, just need some consistancy back and less take outs

Alfa almost done for tomorrow, last colour to do, silver which is mainly a backing colour and for some lines, then the fun of cutting it out and applying decals Some nice cuda decals to go on too so people know what the heck is lapping them
Old 06-28-2003, 05:07 AM
Regional Moderator

Default OUCH!!!!!!!

Man dave that hurts seeing the pal arm look like that

Last edited by Ko Racer; 06-28-2003 at 05:48 AM.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
that must of been a hell of a crash to cause that
I'm just about to go help setup the track for tomorrow, do some testing of the cuda too, not that I'm going to make many changes, I hope
Nice to see you're still on the pace, just need some consistancy back and less take outs

Alfa almost done for tomorrow, last colour to do, silver which is mainly a backing colour and for some lines, then the fun of cutting it out and applying decals Some nice cuda decals to go on too so people know what the heck is lapping them
THanks Hermi`

PLease take some pic`s of the new Alfa Body...I`m dieing to see it also good luck tommorow..and see what you come up with ..

-Dave
Old 06-28-2003, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: OUCH!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Man dave that hurts seeing the pal arm look like that
Tell me about it Joseph ...I was surprised to see it break ...but I have a bunch of CE-4 A-arms ...so its OK
-Dave
Old 06-28-2003, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Wow! That's the first broken 'cuda arm I've seen. Then again I've only used stock ones and they are pretty much unbreakable
Old 06-28-2003, 07:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Sorry for the useless post, this is just a bookmark so I can start following this thread.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

hi i was just wondering if there is any diference in performance between the plastic center shaft holder and the anodized one thx for any help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.