Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Barracuda from Alex racing >

Barracuda from Alex racing

Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Old 06-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thats what i do anytime i want to race..1 hr. drive,no local race track..bummer,and i'm on 24hr. call for work.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

fbj: did i read your post right? this wednesday? you mean you'll have one tomorrow night at our wednesday night runs? hmmmmm .... hope so! id like to see one in action. ive been closely monitoring a couple of threads here to help me decide what kit to get by year end. seeing the cuda in action would be great. saw this car last year in HK and it was truly a beauty. now with the R2, im sure the car is rock solid. hope i can see it at the track soon!

glide1: hmmmm..... make you chinese eyed? hehehe .... looks like we should have hung out more when we were in cebu... might have ended up looking like this ----> hahaha jk!
Old 06-24-2003, 12:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by xxxkat
Thats what i do anytime i want to race..1 hr. drive,no local race track..bummer,and i'm on 24hr. call for work.
man thats a bumer ..... I guess that I`m pretty lucky to have traks that are within 5min~1hr from my house in Japan

-Dave
Old 06-24-2003, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by ROBORAT
glide1: hmmmm..... make you chinese eyed? hehehe .... looks like we should have hung out more when we were in cebu... might have ended up looking like this ----> hahaha jk!
maybe we should have... next time!

ROBO: i think the R2 has potential... coming soon to a track near you!
Old 06-24-2003, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Hi CUDA GURUS,

I would like to ask if you guys can give me tips on a base or basic set up for the CUDA on carpet? THanks
Old 06-24-2003, 01:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

highwayman: hehehe .... i guess we're on fo rnext year then! hehehe

FBJ: deadma ka ha! see you tomorrow at rockwell! hope you have a surprise for us.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by ROBORAT
highwayman: hehehe .... i guess we're on fo rnext year then! hehehe

FBJ: deadma ka ha! see you tomorrow at rockwell! hope you have a surprise for us.
why wait... sa next big race

be ready for a surprise!
Old 06-24-2003, 03:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
Hi CUDA GURUS,

I would like to ask if you guys can give me tips on a base or basic set up for the CUDA on carpet? THanks
You might want to talk with KO Racer about the Carpet set ups.. I have a basic one for a starter but I think that I lost it when My PC dumped a month ago ..
anyways the set up will have to be very stiff I know that for sure and you might want to run les caster in the front too..

-Dave
Old 06-24-2003, 07:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Fatboy joe....... what size carpet track you running on?
and as dave said a little less caster in the front. there is a guy i race with he has a R2 stock and runs it in the stock form out of the box but you have to use spacers to get the foams out from the hubs. or if you run carpet alot you can do like i did and invest in some excel hubs so the foams fit like they should .
as far as being stiff i think that would depend on your track . i like to have a little play on carpet my self.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi KO Racer,
We run on a really tight carpet track. Short main straight like 20 meters then most of the corners are hairpins. Track with is around 8 to 9 feet. The main track size is around 22 meters x 12 meters. By the way, what is the transmission ratio of the R2? Thanks for your help.

ROBO: I've been busy building my R2 Can't wait to run it tom
Old 06-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by posidikit01
what is the transmission ratio of the R2?

2.44.. or if you want to get super technical 2.4375
-Dave
Old 06-24-2003, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info dave!
Old 06-25-2003, 08:05 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by posidikit01
Hi KO Racer,
We run on a really tight carpet track. Short main straight like 20 meters then most of the corners are hairpins. Track with is around 8 to 9 feet. The main track size is around 22 meters x 12 meters. By the way, what is the transmission ratio of the R2? Thanks for your help.

ROBO: I've been busy building my R2 Can't wait to run it tom

I will PM you a basic carpet set up this week . i have had a death in the family that has me behind on several things. so i will get it to you soon .
Old 06-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

KO RACER:

Hi. I'm sorry to hear your loss....please, no rush, only if you have spare time. I was able to run the R2 today on our local carpet track and I was very impressed with the out of the box set up run. Turns very aggressively but still forgiving. Didn't have that much rear rotation but still cornered very well. Good on-power steering. I was so amazed because I was running 80 weight oil in front and 70 in the rear coz that was the only oil available that time. I used an 11turn double Reedy Krypton. I stripped my spur twice due to crashes but I also think that I need longer bodied pinions coz the spur is abit far to take standard length pinions. Sorry for my long post....I just had a great time running the car. Thanks for your time.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
KO RACER:

Hi. I'm sorry to hear your loss....please, no rush, only if you have spare time. I was able to run the R2 today on our local carpet track and I was very impressed with the out of the box set up run. Turns very aggressively but still forgiving. Didn't have that much rear rotation but still cornered very well. Good on-power steering. I was so amazed because I was running 80 weight oil in front and 70 in the rear coz that was the only oil available that time. I used an 11turn double Reedy Krypton. I stripped my spur twice due to crashes but I also think that I need longer bodied pinions coz the spur is abit far to take standard length pinions. Sorry for my long post....I just had a great time running the car. Thanks for your time.

Thank you fatboy joe......... after today it will be a little better for the family . and then I will send you one .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.