Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Barracuda from Alex racing >

Barracuda from Alex racing

Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Old 06-12-2003, 06:49 PM
  #2431  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

lol I made that some time back .here is the original one that I made you like my work
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-cuda-logo-1.gif  

Last edited by Ko Racer; 06-12-2003 at 06:56 PM.
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 06-12-2003, 06:54 PM
  #2432  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by Michal101
I have to agree with Steve. I have a Keyence zero V extreme also and it is compact, reliable and the customer service is second to none.

Also, Steve, what is the latest on the new shipment of Cuda cars and parts? Maybe looking for a red one with a PAL drive system to go with my blue R2.

Thanks, Mike
mike get you a pink one there sweet looking
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-pink-r2-004.jpg  
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 06-12-2003, 07:10 PM
  #2433  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

ooh nice, doesn't look too pink there though, I see it's decked out in flap stuff too how much did that little lot set you back?
Looks like nice thick graphite, would be nice to be able to buy a flap kit with speedway pal drive system and other nice bits added, wink wink nudge nudge Steve remember that Speedtech Edition idea

hows the racing of it going? Ko
Herminator is offline  
Old 06-12-2003, 07:33 PM
  #2434  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

thank you Herm yes it the flap items and speedway pal motor mount should be here in the morn or sat.pink of course for racing it that will be sat! and for it being pink it is compared to my red cuda and should have the orange one by the end of the month

oh yeah front knukles missing they should be here soon thanks to steve
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-red-cuda.jpg  
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 06-12-2003, 10:45 PM
  #2435  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer

oh yeah front knukles missing they should be here soon thanks to steve

Looking good Joseph

now you just need a set of PAL/EXCEL hubs to make that complete....in "pink"

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 06-13-2003, 01:15 AM
  #2436  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
JDM_DOHC_SiR / Herminator: I've seen versions of the Barracuda with the Batteries positioned on the left side of the chassis and the standard version which is on the right, my question is, what is the difference in handling running both configurations? I am quite curious on how the batts on the right side of the chassis affect handling in terms of the torque steer issue raised by some of my TC3 friends. Any info would be greatly appreciated....I really can't wait to have an R2 but need to answer question lingering in my head. Thanks again
Both versions of the Barracuda are very similar and they don't have the slightest bit of torque steer what so every

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 06-13-2003, 01:36 AM
  #2437  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 449
Default

Can someone explain to me the benefits of a FLAP chassis for the R2?

I'm looking for a replacement lower chassis as my stock chassis is looking a bit sad
itchynads is offline  
Old 06-13-2003, 01:45 AM
  #2438  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by itchynads
Can someone explain to me the benefits of a FLAP chassis for the R2?

I'm looking for a replacement lower chassis as my stock chassis is looking a bit sad
Lighter .... a bit thicker2.67mm vice 2.5mm. also and it has a access hole on the bottom of the chassis to adjust the center steering tie rod...

I love mine...I'd go for it if I were you


-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 06-13-2003, 01:48 AM
  #2439  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 449
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Lighter .... a bit thicker2.67mm vice 2.5mm. also and it has a access hole on the bottom of the chassis to adjust the center steering tie rod...

I love mine...I'd go for it if I were you


-Dave
Thanks Dave.

Is it ok if I just replace the lower chassis or do I need the complete set?

Is the chassis material the same as the original chassis.
itchynads is offline  
Old 06-13-2003, 01:50 AM
  #2440  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by itchynads
Thanks Dave.

Is it ok if I just replace the lower chassis or do I need the complete set?

Is the chassis material the same as the original chassis.
Nope all you have to do is replace the bottom chassis..it has the same carbon fiber as ALEX Racing uses

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 06-13-2003, 05:11 AM
  #2441  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Looking good Joseph

now you just need a set of PAL/EXCEL hubs to make that complete....in "pink"

-Dave
dvae .....no need to spend cash on all the aluminum parts.
i have a set on my pal car for carpet racing and will use the stock one for outdoors much nicer and more forgiving.
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 06-13-2003, 12:18 PM
  #2442  
Tech Master
 
TRF-Powered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,003
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
and for it being pink it is compared to my red cuda and should have the orange one by the end of the month
did I read it right?! orange one by the end of the month?! wow... Ko got some connections yo! nice nice!

Now... please post the pic when you do have the car! Let us envy!
TRF-Powered is offline  
Old 06-13-2003, 12:38 PM
  #2443  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
did I read it right?! orange one by the end of the month?! wow... Ko got some connections yo! nice nice!

Now... please post the pic when you do have the car! Let us envy!
yes sir you read it right. by the end of the month I will have and hope to have together soon after these cudas are a breeze to work on so it will be together soon and pictures posted
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 06-14-2003, 02:32 PM
  #2444  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,334
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

may i just ask, what is the pal system?

also if i get an R2, do i need to get this upgrade at once?

last, would anyone comment of why the placement of the batteries of the web special, different?

is there any difference in the handling if the batts were on the right or left side?

thanks...

P.S. what spare parts do i need to get at once if i get the CUDA?
highwayman is offline  
Old 06-14-2003, 03:39 PM
  #2445  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by highwayman
may i just ask, what is the pal system?

also if i get an R2, do i need to get this upgrade at once?

last, would anyone comment of why the placement of the batteries of the web special, different?

is there any difference in the handling if the batts were on the right or left side?

thanks...

P.S. what spare parts do i need to get at once if i get the CUDA?
hi there the pal system isnt a must . its good for mod racing
and 64 pitch gears.
if you get a R2 i say the first thing is get the upper shaft holders
and for the batt's being on one side or the other its just like the speedway pal car.it just depends on who you talk with .some like the right side and some left.
for spare parts get the C-hubs and knukles.

here is a picture of the pal system
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-speedway-pal-system.jpg  
Ko Racer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.