Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Barracuda from Alex racing >

Barracuda from Alex racing

Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Old 04-21-2003, 01:45 PM
  #2026  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default Re: whaaaaattt????

Originally posted by bigd4343
Did I read a particular thread wrong or did herminator just call Steve Wang>>>>>stupid???


I think you read it wrong Herm said his self was stupid (I think)
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 04-21-2003, 02:06 PM
  #2027  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: whaaaaattt????

Originally posted by Ko Racer
I think you read it wrong Herm said his self was stupid (I think)
I think that Hermi' was refering to himeself ..

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 04-21-2003, 02:28 PM
  #2028  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

I'm the stupid one
Herminator is offline  
Old 04-21-2003, 02:34 PM
  #2029  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

stupid...me? of course...I've done so many stupid things in all my years of r/c racing, it's unbelieveable!

Just some of the big ones:

ROAR Nats 2001: I forgot to put the motor springs back into my motor after rebuild and my car wouldn't go anywhere while I was on my last and final qualifier (*doh*!)

Reedy Race 2002: Put in the wrong pinion gear and ended up being undergeared...again, on my last and final qualifier which I was depending on to make the A-main (*doh* x2)

I'm sure there are a lot more involving soldering iron, glue...etc...etc.

Steve Wang
SpeedTech is offline  
Old 04-21-2003, 02:57 PM
  #2030  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: north carolina
Posts: 141
Default s-t-u-p-i-d things?

Originally posted by SpeedTech
stupid...me? of course...I've done so many stupid things in all my years of r/c racing, it's unbelieveable!

Just some of the big ones:

ROAR Nats 2001: I forgot to put the motor springs back into my motor after rebuild and my car wouldn't go anywhere while I was on my last and final qualifier (*doh*!)

Reedy Race 2002: Put in the wrong pinion gear and ended up being undergeared...again, on my last and final qualifier which I was depending on to make the A-main (*doh* x2)

I'm sure there are a lot more involving soldering iron, glue...etc...etc.

Steve Wang
....
Meeee too steve,Meeeeee tooooooooo.......14 years of it.


bigd4343 is offline  
Old 04-21-2003, 03:01 PM
  #2031  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by SpeedTech
stupid...me? of course...I've done so many stupid things in all my years of r/c racing, it's unbelieveable!

Just some of the big ones:

ROAR Nats 2001: I forgot to put the motor springs back into my motor after rebuild and my car wouldn't go anywhere while I was on my last and final qualifier (*doh*!)

Reedy Race 2002: Put in the wrong pinion gear and ended up being undergeared...again, on my last and final qualifier which I was depending on to make the A-main (*doh* x2)

I'm sure there are a lot more involving soldering iron, glue...etc...etc.

Steve Wang
hahhahaahah
Trust me I have you all beat in the Brain Fart department


Also Steve Please!! Please Don't Brain Fart at this years Reedy Race ..with the R2

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 04-21-2003, 05:42 PM
  #2032  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking Alex Spring Rates in Standard.!!

OK I finally finished the coversion for you all that wanted to know the Alex Racing Spring Rates in Oz vice Grams

Enjoy

1.4x7.00=7.5oz/212g
1.4x6.75=8.0oz/224g
1.4x6.50=8.4oz/236g
1.4x6.25=8.8oz/250g
1.4x6.00=9.3oz/266g
1.4x5.75=10oz/283g
1.4x5.50=10.6oz/303g
1.4x5.25=11.6oz/327g

1.5x7.00=9.8oz/275g
1.5x6.75=10.2oz/289g
1.5x6.50=10.7oz/305g
1.5x6.25=11.4oz/323g
1.5x6.00=12oz/343g
1.5x5.75=13oz/366g
1.5x5.50=14oz/392g
1.5x5.25=15oz/422g


Hope this helps you all out

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 04-21-2003, 06:38 PM
  #2033  
Tech Addict
 
JohnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Back in good old England :)
Posts: 590
Default

Just taken delivery of my red Barracuda R2 at work , I've got another 6 hours before I can go home and start building
JohnA is offline  
Old 04-21-2003, 07:14 PM
  #2034  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JohnA
Just taken delivery of my red Barracuda R2 at work , I've got another 6 hours before I can go home and start building
Welcome to the Team

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 04-21-2003, 07:48 PM
  #2035  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 449
Default

Originally posted by JohnA
Just taken delivery of my red Barracuda R2 at work , I've got another 6 hours before I can go home and start building
Good job John! I expect to see a strong showing at this weekends club meet

If you break anything let me know...I've got a fair amount of spares
itchynads is offline  
Old 04-21-2003, 09:12 PM
  #2036  
Tech Addict
 
JohnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Back in good old England :)
Posts: 590
Default

Itchy

Thanks for the offer, I'll give you a shout if I need anything. I wont be at TFTR this Sunday, going for a romantic weekend in Sydney The Cuda will have to wait until the next meeting to get it's debut. I can't go much worse than with the Atlas, not that I blame the car,I think it's my driving that's the problem!
JohnA is offline  
Old 04-21-2003, 10:11 PM
  #2037  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 449
Default

Originally posted by JohnA
Itchy

Thanks for the offer, I'll give you a shout if I need anything. I wont be at TFTR this Sunday, going for a romantic weekend in Sydney The Cuda will have to wait until the next meeting to get it's debut. I can't go much worse than with the Atlas, not that I blame the car,I think it's my driving that's the problem!
Heheh I have the same problem....but the driving is getting better every meet. Stick with it long enough and you'll get there.
itchynads is offline  
Old 04-22-2003, 11:46 AM
  #2038  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by itchynads
Heheh I have the same problem....but the driving is getting better every meet. Stick with it long enough and you'll get there.

The Cuda handles great out the box so you both should be driving awesome soon j/k

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 04-22-2003, 10:10 PM
  #2039  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

I'm looking for some setup tips since next Monday we start racing outdoors. I'm looking on tips on how to deal with rough tarmac, there are a few ridges that tend to send the front of the car flying up until the rear of the body hits the ground and then the front slams down again. Grip isn't too bad with kit setup, need to do some more running to see how it is when pushed so I'll be back for more, just looking for ideas on how to handle the bumps, for now.
Herminator is offline  
Old 04-23-2003, 01:41 AM
  #2040  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 449
Default

Loosening the suspension of the car will help reduce the bumpiness. You might want to add more droop.
itchynads is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.