Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi, Steve. It's Oliver. I will when I get some parts
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 02:03 PM   #1937
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to dynoman007 Send a message via Skype™ to dynoman007
Default hello all

im not busting on yas dotman but if that thing is traction rolling lets change the droop or put some limiters in the shocks ...
maybe even chunk a few sway bars on it ..
for a cuda to do the belly flop it must have the same ride heigth as a t max lol
dynoman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 02:26 PM   #1938
Tech Champion

dyno,

I think he meant clipping the dots and rolling it...

Steve Wang
Old 04-14-2003, 02:46 PM   #1939
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: hello all

Quote:
Originally posted by dynoman007
im not busting on yas dotman but if that thing is traction rolling lets change the droop or put some limiters in the shocks ...
maybe even chunk a few sway bars on it ..
for a cuda to do the belly flop it must have the same ride heigth as a t max lol
Hey David .

I use to get traction Roll with My PAL Cuda...but at that time the ride height was 4mm front and 4.5mm rear ..but I added sway bars front and rear 1.2mm and this fix 99.999999% of the problem
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 02:57 PM   #1940
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Dotman,

com'on, mess with it, you'll go faster!

Steve Wang
Yes thats the best part about the Cuda it gets way better than the stok set~up
-Dave
Old 04-14-2003, 03:05 PM   #1941
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
Hey, CUDA fans. At the Hobby People race in Camarillo on Saturday, the CUDA was awesome. The car really made up for some bad driving. I managed to qualify third in the main despite rolling the car three times. I didn't get any better in the main and rolled three more times letting the leaders get away, but each time I was able to reel them back in again. I ended up third, but the times show that I was definitely the fastest on the track. I know I should probably experiment more with setups, but the car is so good right now I'm scared to mess with it
Looks like a little more time behind the wheel of this car will pay off big for you in time to come

-Dave
Old 04-14-2003, 03:06 PM   #1942
Tech Elite

Sorry, dynoman. The car was perfect...I wasn't. As Steve said, I rolled after clipping dots. Sometimes I'm a little too aggressive. I like to push the envelope. The car responded to everything I did though and went right where I pointed it. I could hug the lines tight and dive under other cars with ease. I just didn't have top end. All that Da?n toe-in.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:11 PM   #1943
Tech Elite

Yeah, Dave. It's a great car. You don't really need a lot of time with it to get a lot out of it. The only thing I changed from stock was the springs. I think there are cars that drivers make look good and there are cars that make drivers look good. This one is the latter.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:24 PM   #1944
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech

Guys,

I should be receiving the PAL stuff today

Steve Wang

Holy Smokes.... ..

-Dave
Old 04-14-2003, 03:25 PM   #1945
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to dynoman007 Send a message via Skype™ to dynoman007
Default well alright then

lets get out to the track and burn some batteries mo practice will yield less dottage lol
dynoman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 03:29 PM   #1946
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
Yeah, Dave. It's a great car. I think there are cars that drivers make look good and there are cars that make drivers look good. This one is the latter.
I'll have to agree with you on that to
..it's a breeze to drive

-Dave
Old 04-14-2003, 03:35 PM   #1947
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by dynoman007
lets get out to the track and burn some batteries mo' practice will yield less dottage

Everybodys' not prefect... ..but Masami's Close

-Dave
Old 04-14-2003, 04:04 PM   #1948
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

well I'm back from another weeks racing and grinning like a cheshire cat
First round of qualifying didn't start too great, the car lacked punch and top end and the car had grip but was handling strangely. It had too much understeer off power but by the end of the run I found I could drive a lot like having a one way in, only the rear was more stable, I hardly had to brake and could go round corners carrying plenty of speed if I stayed on the throttle through them, just slow down before I reach them. I was about 6th after the first run.
Second run was better, I gained a lap and a half from knowing how the car would react but was getting murdered at the end of the straight, I had geared down from 23 to 22 to try and get more punch but it was a bad idea. Being able to turn up the steering a touch on my transmiter helped get round the tighter corners and made taking the perfect line on the sweeper starting the straight into a fairly easy task. I was 5th at this point I think.
Third run I was using the cells I had run in the first and then recharged, I had also gone back to the 23pinion and I had much better speed and punch was decent, still not the fastest on the track for straight line speed but fast enough. I also drove my neatest run, didn't have a crash all night but clipping corner dots lost me half seconds here and there, the third run was very clean, close to the corner dots and occasionaly touching them. I gained another lap and found myself 3rd in the A final, only the leader managed to squeeze in another lap, I was about 9 seconds of his pace and 6 of 2nd.
I was happy to have qualified well like last week, infact it was more of an acheivement this week because of some very close racing for 3rd to 5th. I was expecting a bad final though, I always seem to get messed around, power wouldn't be bad though since I had charged my cells from my second run. The start of the race was fairly tidy, very good considering there were 8 in the final, I had a few messy corners and found myself in 4th and started to settle into things. I gradually caught 3rd and as he ran wide on a couple of corners I got along side, he ran wide again and I was neatly into 3rd 1st was about half a lap ahead with 2nd right behind him. The guy behind me was closing slightly as I had some not quite perfect laps and then as I lapped someone I lost enough time for 4th to get right behind me, then the back end stepped out at one of the sharper corners and I was 4th again. It was very close between me and the guy ahead of me again, then the guy in 2nd crashed and we both moved up a place. I was about a second behind 2nd and then he rolled, he must of clipped the corner very slightly, he thought it was actualy grip roll not something you see on wooden floors. So I was second and had a few seconds safety gap behind me. All the drivers in the final were good for lapping and didn't cost me much time from there on. I held onto my position and finished about half a lap behind the leader who had had a clean race ahead of the action I don't have any lap times though and I was never called out as being in the right position becaude the doofy FTD and race winner managed to put the second number 3 transponder in his car, even though he was on pole his car number is 3 but for that he has a personal transponder, silly sod.

By far my best nights racing, the car was very predictable and seems able to make very good use of the grip available. I'm almost sad that it was the last night of the indoor championship, one more week and it will be a fun night, some team event I think. The car really is impressive and I had the most fun racing for an awful long time, it was nice being close to as fast as the top two instead of either being a fair bit behind or them having a bad day. Guys normaly challenging me were left for dust
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 04:05 PM   #1949
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

in case you guys are wondering, we got the PAL system and the aluminum c-hub, rear hub carrier, and a lot of other R2 goodies in stock today. I'm sorting through them and should have them online tonight

Steve Wang
Old 04-14-2003, 04:14 PM   #1950
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by fai
Mike: I run rubber tires. Hmmm... If you use droop screws to set ride height, then there will be no rebound stroke then... Please correct me if I'm wrong!
Fai,

If you think about it when you set your droop you are changing how much the chassis will come up in the rear while braking or how much the front portion of the chassis will come up under acceleration and not the other way around as you are pondering. So, the true compression of the front and rear shocks will stay in tact and still get your true shock compression and rebound to the level set with your droop adjustment.

I hope this helps, Mike
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote