R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-04-2002, 03:00 AM   #181
Tech Regular

Well, no reduction in prices in Tokyo. but osaka some times. But prices are already cheap as is
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 03:01 AM   #182
Tech Master

I heard there is an extra sales tax when you shop in Japan? Is that right? somewhere around 3%?
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 03:04 AM   #183
Tech Master

how far is Osaka from Toyko?
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 05:00 AM   #184
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Not trying to defend anyone of any country, but in a free market the price will stabilise at a level that the market will support. Even in Japan you only have to look at prices of American stuff to realise that they are higher than quite a few places in the world. True you can say local tax, shipping etc sometimes can drive up prices. If you compare prices for the CE Turbo 35BL or Protrak chargers (as an example) in Japan they are horrific!!!

In general, prices in the country in which the product is made will be lower than elsewhere (not always though!). However, the internet is breaking a lot of these barriers down and I think this is a good thing!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 05:38 AM   #185
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Not trying to defend anyone of any country, but in a free market the price will stabilise at a level that the market will support. Even in Japan you only have to look at prices of American stuff to realise that they are higher than quite a few places in the world. True you can say local tax, shipping etc sometimes can drive up prices. If you compare prices for the CE Turbo 35BL or Protrak chargers (as an example) in Japan they are horrific!!!

In general, prices in the country in which the product is made will be lower than elsewhere (not always though!). However, the internet is breaking a lot of these barriers down and I think this is a good thing!!
good say dtm !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 07:13 AM   #186
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to todb

nice to see some interesting commennts on the barracuda..LOL
i bought the kit knowing the price difference and not caring. The drivtrain is extremely free. The front shock length could be better. I am going to start at 61mm instead of 57. It was way to short. Front end was on the ground. Remember when using loctite on the set screws in the universal joint to only put it on the the screw and not spill it over the joint. Is hell on the suspension. Just a tip..lol
Old 06-04-2002, 07:55 AM   #187
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered
I heard there is an extra sales tax when you shop in Japan? Is that right? somewhere around 3%?
Its 5% on everything
Old 06-04-2002, 07:56 AM   #188
Tech Regular

Quote:
how far is Osaka from Toyko?
by fast train 2 1/2 hours
Old 06-04-2002, 08:01 AM   #189
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

If your refering to (USA)food its lower then japanese producted food.

Turbo 35BL or Protrak chargers I would never touch those units! why? becuase we have better makers in Japan then in the usa or anywhere so why buy them.

Breaking down barriers does not always mean better prices for the consumer(ebay or whom ever) this goes back to the first complaint about Jet and other people selling way over the price they bought the product from Japan for. Sum is everywhere
Old 06-04-2002, 08:18 AM   #190
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Usagi

If your refering to (USA)food its lower then japanese producted food.

Turbo 35BL or Protrak chargers I would never touch those units! why? becuase we have better makers in Japan then in the usa or anywhere so why buy them.

Breaking down barriers does not always mean better prices for the consumer(ebay or whom ever) this goes back to the first complaint about Jet and other people selling way over the price they bought the product from Japan for. Sum is everywhere
It is always a consumer's choice whether buy or not buy !!

I see that you have some problem with Jet or any online shop in Hong Kong. Tell us more about it. We need you insight even tho we live there !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 08:28 AM   #191
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Usagi
The discussion is not really on what is good or what is bad.....I simply quoted those examples to illustrate that not everything is 'cheap' in Japan. So effectively if I use your same argument.... price 'jacking' also occurs in Japan for certain products (I don't necessarily agree with the last statement!!).
Old 06-04-2002, 08:34 AM   #192
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

The discussion is not really on what is good or what is bad.....I simply quoted those examples to illustrate that not everything is 'cheap' in Japan. So effectively if I use your same argument.... price 'jacking' also occurs in Japan for certain products (I don't necessarily agree with the last statement!!).
I said, i would never buy that unit because there are better made ones in Japan. "Jacking up" of prices are happening your just not admitting it. Certain products........ yea the Tc3 is a example and the xxxs is another. But other then that. Products at can be imported to Japan is just not worth the effort why? because Japan makes then better and cheaper for us people living in Japan.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:38 AM   #193
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
yeah, the exchange rate will help them to make big money! with US dollar they can buy a lot more HK dollar then using HK dollar to buy US dollar. ............
Don't quite understand this comment.....exchange rate is a 2 way thing!!!! The numbers change, but the relationship between the two remains the same!!
Old 06-04-2002, 08:38 AM   #194
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

It is always a consumer's choice whether buy or not buy !!

I see that you have some problem with Jet or any online shop in Hong Kong. Tell us more about it. We need you insight even tho we live there !!
I just don`t like people or companies ripping off the fellow buyer. come on the baracuda can be had for what 28,900 or some where under $250.00 US. What is that guy selling for not 300.00 that for sure morn! have him price the item ok. ANd lets see what he sell it at.
Its a joke.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:40 AM   #195
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

Don't quite understand this comment.....exchange rate is a 2 way thing!!!! The numbers change, but the relationship between the two remains the same!!
well I feel the same about what your trying to get at..... totally
its bad, what are they selling the 414M2 and baracuda for? way of the priced they paid for it. Thats for sure.
come on your defending them...............

Last edited by Usagi; 06-04-2002 at 08:42 AM.