R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2003, 06:26 PM   #1756
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You got a pic' of it yet
-Dave
Ehhee not yet

Already put the drive system into the car though.

Its a perfect fit with no slop in the drive train.

Its actually a lot thinner than I imagined. The alloy shaft is about 7mm in diameter and is very light. It weighs about the same as the carbon shaft.

The spur gear is moved alot closer to the motor's pinion shaft and will now make meshing the gears easier. There is no way to mount the spur gear on the motor's side since there is no room. But this is no longer required.

The spur gear holder also seems to hold the spur gear much better since there is more area for spur to rest on. There is no visible wobbling of the spur gear so it looks like it works very well.

The bad news is that I will not be able to race it this weekend because my replacement servo which I bought for the car has yet to arrive So I will have to race it at next week's club meet instead.
__________________
Awesomatix A700L (building) | VBC Wildfire D07 (building) |416WE/X Smokem | Hobbywing 120A v2.1 | Sanwa M11x
itchynads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 06:43 PM   #1757
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

no racing!!!!


come on man, beg, steal or borrow a servo, any old thing will do. I've got two spares plus one defective one

nice to hear how the drive asembly is fitting, now I want one hmm now what can I find to sell......
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 06:52 PM   #1758
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by itchynads
Ehhee not yet

Already put the drive system into the car though.

Its a perfect fit with no slop in the drive train.

Its actually a lot thinner than I imagined. The alloy shaft is about 7mm in diameter and is very light. It weighs about the same as the carbon shaft.

The spur gear is moved alot closer to the motor's pinion shaft and will now make meshing the gears easier. There is no way to mount the spur gear on the motor's side since there is no room. But this is no longer required.

The spur gear holder also seems to hold the spur gear much better since there is more area for spur to rest on. There is no visible wobbling of the spur gear so it looks like it works very well.

The bad news is that I will not be able to race it this weekend because my replacement servo which I bought for the car has yet to arrive So I will have to race it at next week's club meet instead.

Good news Nads' looks like Hermi' wont bug me anymore once you have the picks of the screws that mount the Spur ( just kidding Hermi' )

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 06:56 PM   #1759
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Good news Nads'
-Dave
I've told you before, STOP the dirty talk
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:02 PM   #1760
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
no racing!!!!


come on man, beg, steal or borrow a servo, any old thing will do. I've got two spares plus one defective one

nice to hear how the drive asembly is fitting, now I want one hmm now what can I find to sell......
I would borrow one but I don't think they will want me to snip the ears off their servos
__________________
Awesomatix A700L (building) | VBC Wildfire D07 (building) |416WE/X Smokem | Hobbywing 120A v2.1 | Sanwa M11x
itchynads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:06 PM   #1761
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by itchynads
I would borrow one but I don't think they will want me to snip the ears off their servos
simple solution to that, don't tell them
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:07 PM   #1762
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

surely you can pick up a bargain cheapo one from a local shop, then you'll have a spare when the other one gets a fualt
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:08 PM   #1763
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
I've told you before, STOP the dirty talk

Round #2 here we go
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:11 PM   #1764
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Round #2 here we go
-Dave
couldn't resist that typo of all the letters to hit instead of L
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:16 PM   #1765
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
surely you can pick up a bargain cheapo one from a local shop, then you'll have a spare when the other one gets a fualt
Or better yet just buy a spare case for the servo

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:21 PM   #1766
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
couldn't resist that typo of all the letters to hit instead of L
Ok next time it will be LADS'

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:24 PM   #1767
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Ok next time it will be LADS'

-Dave
don't worry too much, I suppose you're used to talking to privates
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:42 PM   #1768
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
don't worry too much, I suppose you're used to talking to privates
Nope wrong service,
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:43 PM   #1769
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Nope wrong service,
-Dave
Ensign? (sp)
elnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:52 PM   #1770
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by elnitro
Ensign? (sp)
Right service wrong rank
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net