R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2003, 07:51 PM   #1591
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: re re re re

Quote:
Originally posted by bigd4343
awwwww...thx 4 da ribbin dudes!!Just remember one thing....at this years paved nats....we will see what car finishes first.LMAOROTF!! For the TC# is takin em down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats right well see.. ..... I'm willing to be that the Cuda's 1st outing wont be as bad as you think...especially since Alex doesn't have a Driver in the States ...now wouln't that be something to have the R2 Place anywhere in the A-main for nats .....IF I was a betting man I wouldn't knock it just yet
Some people might just have to eat Crow' after nats

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 07:58 PM   #1592
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: eyowrch!!

Quote:
"is" graphite.therefore allowing for more chassis adjustments.
Hey bigd, can you please enlighten us? graphite=more chassis adjustment?
elnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 08:02 PM   #1593
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: re re re re

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Thats right well see.. ..... I'm willing to be that the Cuda's 1st outing wont be as bad as you think...especially since Alex doesn't have a Driver in the States ...now wouln't that be something to have the R2 Place anywhere in the A-main for nats .....IF I was a betting man I wouldn't knock it just yet
Some people might just have to eat Crow' after nats

-Dave
Just to be nice, I'll even provide them the bbq sauce for their crow
Old 03-29-2003, 08:10 PM   #1594
Tech Champion

Quote:
last weekend at durham the only thing that a"barracuda"was doing was glitching all over the track.
Some people do have this problem from time to time With AM ......... but thats with all TC's and graphite.

-Dave

Old 03-29-2003, 08:55 PM   #1595
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: eyowrch!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Some people do have this problem from time to time With AM ......... but thats with all TC's and graphite.

-Dave

ihave never raced a graphite car since i dont like belts(had rotten luck with them in my rc10 years ago so i blew money forbelts that were(JUNK!!).bUT I BET I COULD GET A BARRACUDA TO RUN GLITCHLESS.i LIKE THE FACT THAT IT IS SHAFT DRIVEN...THEREFORE...I WOULD RUN IT.
To reprove what i typed...you can dremel the battery slots out to help with handling on graphite as well as play with rollcenters and lots-o-other options not available on woven chassis like stiffer-less-flex.
bigd4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 09:03 PM   #1596
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
last weekend at durham the only thing that a"barracuda"was doing was glitching all over the track.but for me....i really like the fact that it is shaft driven and it "is" graphite.therefore allowing for more chassis adjustments.
Big D,

Wasn't there 4 or 5 TC3's and several Losi's having the same glitching problem at the Durham track??? There were even several TC3 drivers that left due to the glitching problems.

Let's just see what the Cuda does at the next Durham electric race...I think "A" main...any takers?

Mike
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 09:04 PM   #1597
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Hey does Scottish Outdoor Championship count
I'm aiming for the A finals in the 19T spec class
wouldn't have a chance in 12t class but thats a combo of my driving skills, or lack of, no where near enough money for the new set of tyres I'd need for every event and atleast 3 of the best motor's available for the season plus a lathe to skim them, and then a few of the best packs of cells.

So I have the car and I have the radio gear, just everything else is lacking

now like i said in the other thread, time for about 2 hours sleep
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 09:13 PM   #1598
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Hey does Scottish Outdoor Championship count
I'm aiming for the A finals in the 19T spec class
wouldn't have a chance in 12t class but thats a combo of my driving skills, or lack of, no where near enough money for the new set of tyres I'd need for every event and atleast 3 of the best motor's available for the season plus a lathe to skim them, and then a few of the best packs of cells.

So I have the car and I have the radio gear, just everything else is lacking

now like i said in the other thread, time for about 2 hours sleep
Goodluck Herminator, let us know how you did.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:29 PM   #1599
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: eyowrch!!

Quote:
ihave never raced a graphite car since i dont like belts(had rotten luck with them in my rc10 years ago so i blew money forbelts that were(JUNK!!).bUT I BET I COULD GET A BARRACUDA TO RUN GLITCHLESS.i LIKE THE FACT THAT IT IS SHAFT DRIVEN...THEREFORE...I WOULD RUN IT.
To reprove what i typed...you can dremel the battery slots out to help with handling on graphite as well as play with rollcenters and lots-o-other options not available on woven chassis like stiffer-less-flex.
Hmm, funny, I don't remember RC10s buggies having belts 10 yrs ago, I know, because I've had them all from the gold tub, team car, graphite, and the graphite tub aftermarket. A conversion to a belt driven 4wd, made by MIP I think , was available but not wildly popular. A&L Manufacturing produced a belt-based tranny, and they were pretty good, but that's about it.

Quote:
[To reprove what i typed... ]
ahhh forget it.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:51 PM   #1600
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to RideRed98

i like my Barracuda....its even faster then my Losi G+ ....and im a TQ contender every week where i race...im almost lapping the other fast guys now....lol....one wont race in my class anymore cause he wants to be more competitive and he knows my car got faster now :-)
RideRed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:17 AM   #1601
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Glad to hear you guys are having good runs with your Cuda. We will be racing again this Tuesday at the ever competitive SoCal Raceway. This time, we will be testing different setups once again, but mainly, we are trying to gain further understanding of the car with dual diffs. Initial testing is very promising, in fact, RedBullfixx seem to like the car better with dual diffs than one-way/diff. This is a big plus for us, since the reedy race has a no one-way rule.

All of us will be trying out the dual diffs on Tuesday, and of course, I'll let you guys know how it went.

If any of you are reading and are thinking about purchasing the car, we do have a couple of purple ones left, and the next shipment might be awhile (late April)

Lastly, we have a local sponsored racer who is currently running the new MR-4TCSD and we'll let you know how the cuda against him this Tuesday

Steve Wang
Old 03-30-2003, 06:40 AM   #1602
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: eyowrch!!

Quote:
Originally posted by elnitro
Hmm, funny, I don't remember RC10s buggies having belts 10 yrs ago, I know, because I've had them all from the gold tub, team car, graphite, and the graphite tub aftermarket. A conversion to a belt driven 4wd, made by MIP I think , was available but not wildly popular. A&L Manufacturing produced a belt-based tranny, and they were pretty good, but that's about it.

ahhh forget it.
THE REASON YOU DONT REMEMBER IS BECAUSE YOU HAVENT BEEN RACING FOR 14 YEARS OR YOU WOULD REMEMBER HYPERDRIVES BELT DRIVE FOR THE RC10 FOR THE DIRT OVAL THAT WE RAN.
bigd4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 08:25 AM   #1603
Tech Addict

Steve are you talking about Patt? He won 19t last night and was flying with the SD, so you'll have your hands full
teamAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 09:09 AM   #1604
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: eyowrch!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Glad to hear you guys are having good runs with your Cuda. We will be racing again this Tuesday at the ever competitive SoCal Raceway. This time, we will be testing different setups once again, but mainly, we are trying to gain further understanding of the car with dual diffs. Initial testing is very promising, in fact, RedBullfixx seem to like the car better with dual diffs than one-way/diff. This is a big plus for us, since the reedy race has a no one-way rule.

All of us will be trying out the dual diffs on Tuesday, and of course, I'll let you guys know how it went.

If any of you are reading and are thinking about purchasing the car, we do have a couple of purple ones left, and the next shipment might be awhile (late April)

Lastly, we have a local sponsored racer who is currently running the new MR-4TCSD and we'll let you know how the cuda against him this Tuesday

Steve Wang

I think that you'll do well with the 2 diffs Steve...

You ought to try one car with a center driveshaft and dual diff's too...you might be surprised how that performs

Good luck ... also I have heard some good and bad things now from Japan about the SD..?

Very similar to the evo problems

-Dave
Old 03-30-2003, 09:21 AM   #1605
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by teamAE
Steve are you talking about Patt? He won 19t last night and was flying with the SD, so you'll have your hands full
This will be interseting to see the outcome of
-Dave