Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G-10 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Suspended

Cool G-10 Pro

Do any of you guys out there use a Tekin G-10 Pro? If so, what do you think about it and how does it compare to other ESCs you've used? Thanks for any replies!
Old 09-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't have one yet but I plan to get one from Stormer Hobbies. I have been hearing really good news about it and $129 sounds like a fair price to me.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

I have been running a G-10 Pro in my XXXS G+ for the past 3 yrs with no problems. I also own several more I run in my off road stuff. I do own a Quantum Comp 1 and run it in my BK2. The only diff I can tell is with the G-10 I always have intstant power if I want it, and the QC 1 it still has a softer take-off. I have run Tekin products for the past 13 yrs and feel so relieved that Tekin is back. The G-10 is VERY Easy to set up and also to adjust. Give it a try and I think you will be impressed.

Brant
Old 09-08-2004, 08:34 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I have used them since they came out and they are still one of the best. Only problem is they are not a small as some of the new stuff on the market.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Hi all,

Totally agree with POOKYT! It just is the feel that it gives when compare to other speedos. Somebodys say that it is too punchy and lack of throttle smoothness but I do not agree.

I have compared the speedo throughoutly with, GT7, KO VFS2000, GM SX9, and 4 MC800C/QC1. Lets share my experience!

What I have noticed was Tekin is not the most powerful one. But it response the fastest to your finger. The smoothness is also as good as GT7. Tekin is the 1st runner up on punch. The 1st place is a VFS2000 with profile change on driving feq. But Tekin has a better resolution and top speed in higher throttle range than Ko. The top speed is not as high as SX9 but tekin has a more linear throttle response. SX9 feel like divided into 2 sub-ranges on its throttle and it starts to lose power in the middle of the race (not as efficiency as tekin). BTW, MC800C/QC1 is the worst in the overall performance except the size. Too soft in startup/ out from a corner. Throttle is not linear enought. And it need a very big cap to run efficient (I finally give it up).

I have now 2 G-10 pros. Both of them are Yokomo version. I bought the 1st one in the 2nd hand market. I initially tried it for fun and just would like to see how much can a 5 year product get up with the current product (I was using SX9 and VFS2000 as my standard gear at that time). Susprisingly, I found that this speedo not only able to get up with my gear but also even better! I then started to pay more attention on it and give it more chance to run. And then I sell out my SX9 and keep only the KO. Later I have found another brand new G-10 pro in a hobby store and I bought it also. The Tekin is my standard gear now and I love to run with it.

The newest speedo I have bought is Keyence Rapida pro. What I could tell you is. It is the best speedo I have ever met. But...tekin gives around 95% feel of it. Anyway I finally able to find a speedo in the market which is 100% better than G-10 pro (in my opinion). In the last speedo generation, with no doubt, g-10 pro must be the best amonsg them in term of performance. And now, 5 years later, it seems that the newest generation has the ability to kill it. But what does it mean??Tekin has just move 5 years ahead. I am long to see the newest competition speedo from tekin. It must be another king!!!!
Old 09-09-2004, 06:48 AM
Suspended

Cool G-10 Pro+

After reading a bit of info on Team Tekin's forums I have learned that they are introducing a G-10 Pro+. It is claimed to have upgraded components and new programming which gives it the best performance of any previous Tekin ESC. Check it out! www.teamtekin.com
Old 09-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: G-10 Pro+

Originally posted by tmeeks
After reading a bit of info on Team Tekin's forums I have learned that they are introducing a G-10 Pro+. It is claimed to have upgraded components and new programming which gives it the best performance of any previous Tekin ESC. Check it out! www.teamtekin.com
Where did you see the info on the G-10 Pro+? couldn't find it.

I've had several G-10's in the past...and were one of the best I've ever used. Glad they are back. just wish the case was a little smaller though..
Old 09-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: G-10 Pro+

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Where did you see the info on the G-10 Pro+? couldn't find it.

I've had several G-10's in the past...and were one of the best I've ever used. Glad they are back. just wish the case was a little smaller though..
I just checked their site and the info on the Pro+ is up on the home page. It must not have been posted when you checked.

I for one am superhappy they are back. Tekin chargers ROCK and their ESC's are all rock solid. When/if my Cyclones or LRPs go poof I'll be buying G-10s as a replacment ESC....without any reservations!
Old 09-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with you. I have been running the G-10 in 12th scale and touring car. I love 'em!

Not sure where the "their not smooth" part comes from, but in 12th scale I went from a LRP Comp to the G-10 and can run without any expotential with the G-10. With the LRP I was running exp.
For settings I'm using THRL @ 3 and LIM 2 @ 40 right now.

In touring car they are awesome. I use a pretty radical profile to get a really hard hitting bottom end. Settings are THRL @ 9, LIM 2 @ 90. With a 10 turn mod on a 100'x36' carpet track, it's FAST.

Make sure you set the drag brake setting up one notch from the bottom, so the first 2 lights are on.

take care
john
Old 09-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Mr4-tc sp,

Thanks for your comparisons on the speedcontroller mentioned. I am in the process of making an abrupt change from one brand of Esc to another. I think your review helped me to keep looking at new G10. I never had an issue with Tekin, just questioned stepping back in as a Esc to use for racing.

So far I am looking at the VF1 and G10. Right now I can only afford 1 flagship Esc and a decent backup. I don't want to put my eggs in one basket, like I have in the past.

Last edited by A-Ko; 09-10-2004 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Old 09-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi A-Ko

I can help u to the best choice - Tekin G10pro. I have been test the G10pro with my Pro 4 to race 23T , my esc as KoVFS, Gm, QC all come back to my drawer.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Hi A-ko,

May be this info useful for you!!

Here is some more info about the 64A quad schocky diode does in G-10

"
It is pretty complicated and patented. In short it
disipates the flyback energy with synchronous timed
switching of components on the board rather than just
shorting it out at the motor with a diode. This allows us
to sneak a little more energy into the regen path to the
battery after we handle the initial surge. It looks like
around a 10 turn motor it begins to get overloaded. We are
suggesting a motor diode below 10 turn.

Team Tekin Support
Old 09-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Just go to Keyence web site and check the similar feature calls "EnSA" for more details.

Keyence has introduces a Energy Saving feature in its speedo in its V-zero Extreme which using the same kind of technology where Tekin incoporated 10 years ago (actually it appears on earier tekin ESC). Keyence has a higher efficiency with newest fet and switching rate. The higher freq it has make it more efficient. Both of them will not use an external diode when this function is turning on (Cannot turn off in tekin). According to G-10 manual, a external diode will only slow down the car a little bit). However I think the use different circult since tekin's circult is patended.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Was the G9 the 1st Tekin Esc to use this process?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.