Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what model is this clone based on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Listen to our advices and buy a used race car . I can picture a Associated TC3 perfect for the bashing job . It will be the same price as a new clone , but unlike the clone it will be a great car and you can be proud of it
+1
Old 04-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A TC3 in Aus for $150? o_o
Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Why not get a TT01? If your just going to run in the street you can't beat the price or durability.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ed@gallimods
Why not get a TT01? If your just going to run in the street you can't beat the price or durability.
I was under the impression that a TT01 and E10 aren't exactly the best cars for anything..
Also, I'd honestly prefer brand new rather than buying used.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Boneyards66
I was under the impression that a TT01 and E10 aren't exactly the best cars for anything..
Also, I'd honestly prefer brand new rather than buying used.
TT01 is a great car for bashing but I am under impression it is a very expensive car for what you get . There are some bad points , such as poor plastic quality . You need to buy a alu motor mount and alu driveshaft , and of course ball bearings and oil shocks if you buy the standard TT-01 . However , it will still be a toy honestly .

I don't see why you are afraid of used cars . Premium brands ( Xray , Associated , HB , TRF , Yokomo ... ) are built at a high level and 90% of the cars are still very good , you just need to inspect them in person . I would reccomend a TC3 because it has a tubular chassis and it is shaft driven so it is almost indestructible . A friend of mine still races this car at a high level with sucess ( he ditched a new TC5 because he thinks the old tank is better ! ) . It is great for bashing , racing , drifting , .. everything . Other good options in my opinion are a used Yokomo MR4 or a new Tamiya TA-05