R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-08-2004, 07:29 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Unhappy faulty PRP chassis?

i think my PRP chassis is faulty. my left wheel reads 1 degree on a hudy setup station and the right reads 2. i have the 2 degree block in the rear. previously with the hpi chassis it read 2 on each wheel.

anyone else had this problem?
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:35 AM   #2
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

It could be but also the Hudy setup station is now none to be super accurate all the time. Been alot of discussion about this in the past. Chassis could be off a tad. I would contact PRP and see what they have to say. They seem to be a straight up company.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:38 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
It could be but also the Hudy setup station is now none to be super accurate all the time. Been alot of discussion about this in the past. Chassis could be off a tad. I would contact PRP and see what they have to say. They seem to be a straight up company.
i'm dead certain it is the chassis. i would always check toe out of habit with the old chassis and it was always 2 each wheel.

i'll take the rear end apart and re-check it. hopfully it is nothing more thank tweek.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:02 AM   #4
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

I would definately loosen all the screws, re-tweak the car, and try the same with the stock chassis to exhaust all other issues that could cause this before posting such an accusation on the internet.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:17 AM   #5
Tech Regular

This may sounds lame coming from the designer, but I really do not think it is the chassis. It was precision machined on a CNC mill and designed on the computer with exacting measurements. It has been checked and rechecked hundreds of times to make sure it is dead-on straight.

I hope you can get it figured out. Let us know.

Thank you!
Ben
TeamPRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 03:41 PM   #6
Tech Regular

whats the advantage/disadvantage to useing diffrent degree blocks? my rtr tc3 came with standard 0 degree blocks on the front a rear?
kh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 03:54 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hudy Stations are known to have a lot of problems giving correct numbers, try a few other toe gauges around in the pits before you get down on PRP, Id trust a PRP product long before Id trust anything from Hudy
Speedyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 05:06 PM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thomas

Pretty poor form starting a new thread complaining about the product, before you have even looked at the car, or asked a question in their dedicated thread.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:41 PM   #9
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

I just received my chassis last Friday and had it on the setup table/track on Saturday. There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with my chassis or settings. Is there a possibility that there is a screw loose in the pivot mount allowing the pivot block to move around a little, bent hinge pin, bent pivot block, cracked arm or hub,etc? I too hope you find the problem.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:06 PM   #10
Tech Elite

dead set besercoe a tsr6 you guys are ridiculous!

i only posted this because i wanted to see if anyone else had the same issues. i decided to post it after i checked the car.

prp IS NOT A RELIGIOUS DEITY THAT WE CAN'T QUESTION!

i had a honest concearn, that is founded, and i was looking for a honest answer not stupid responses like:

"...such an accusation on the internet" AS IF I'M QUESTIONING THE LAWS OF PHYSICS, OR THE WHOLY BIBLE OR SOMETHING!

and yes after checking it for the second time, it is still of.

maybe i'm not looking for sponsorship or sucking up, and i'm looking for honest answers and responses to see if anyone else had the same issue.

ps; and brad i'm not complaining about the product, i'm bringing up an issue i had, a legitimate one, and i want to see if anyone else had it.

the responses i've recieved make me 100X more pissed than the actual issue i had! before these responses by besercoe and tsr6 i wasn't angry at all with PRP, actually quite happy with the chassis!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:18 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Gaut
I just received my chassis last Friday and had it on the setup table/track on Saturday. There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with my chassis or settings. Is there a possibility that there is a screw loose in the pivot mount allowing the pivot block to move around a little, bent hinge pin, bent pivot block, cracked arm or hub,etc? I too hope you find the problem.
yeah i took it apart again last night, and moved the shims, thinking the shims could be doing something to it, but the left side is still of by 1 degree. there is play in the hudy setup but even when you move the hudy blocks the right wheel moves up to 3 but the left only to 2.

just by placing everything in place, compressing the shocks and measuring the right side straight away it reads 2 degrees, left 1.

what i might do is place the original pro4 hinge pins in, maybe the option pins that i got in the kit is what is causing the issue not sure.

maybe i just got a chassis that was unlucky enough to have a screw hole just a fraction of or something

i'll check for the 3rd time if all else fails i'll have to email prp.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:16 AM   #12
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

I don't beleive I am being ridiculous. I just don't feel that it's good joo-joo to come out and say something is wrong without actually looking at it.

This would be like me saying me going onto the internet and saying that my Toshiba 27'' TV is faulty before I ever checked to make sure it was plugged in, or that the changer had batteries in it. It's just not good taste to do so, and it's something that really bothers me when people do it.

You even posted with the possibilty that the car could be tweaked, and you were going to check that. I'm sorry if it sounds harsh, but you should have done that before badging the chassis as "faulty"
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:17 AM   #13
Tech Regular

Venom, I hope you are not upset with Team PRP. I replied as honest and straight forward as possible to your message.

Please feel free to send me an email. I generally respond very quickly and I check email more often then the boards.

Thank you,
Ben
TeamPRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:20 AM   #14
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Check to make sure you don't have a bent shock shaft.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:35 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
I don't beleive I am being ridiculous. I just don't feel that it's good joo-joo to come out and say something is wrong without actually looking at it.
that's were you are wrong, and what really sh1ted me i said "i think" because i couldn't believe that there would be such a discrepancy but there is. after checking rechecking and checking again, it is still different.

i changed the toe block to 2.5 and the left measured 2 while the right mesures 2.5

regarding PRP no i'm not upset with the product, just the stupid protective replies i got from users who might not even have a PRP kit.

TeamPRP i'll email you and speak to you personally. i just sent one to the [email protected]

ps; unfortunately i couldn't find the original hinge pins so i couldn't see if it was the screw holes that were at fault.

Last edited by VenomWorldOrder; 09-09-2004 at 05:48 AM.