Wiki Posts
Search

Protoform Alfa 156 help

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Default Protoform Alfa 156 help

Hello guys !

I picked up a nice used Alfa 156 body from a friend ( original one - http://www.rbhonline.com.au/index.ph...acturers_id=59 ) and tried it on the track yesterday . Honestly , it was horrible . The car was very unstable and unpredictable and I soon ended up with my Hot Bodies Subaru Ipmreza Type B which (as usual) ran great . The track is very technical , not so fast , bumpy and and with medium grip . My question is , what are the best conditions for a PROTOform Alfa 156 ? There used to be a description on their site but it isn't there anymore . I run at another track which is very fast and wide ( used for 1/5 and 1/10 ) and I really hope this body will prove to be good on that track because it looks so damn good
Old 03-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

that body was popular for about 10 years ago, very fast and direct steering with that body! rear grip was quite good but not as good as the pf stratus1 that was the most popular body back in the days.,.

touring 10 years ago wasnt as fast as it is today with brushless and lipo so i dont know how the body reacts on the track now, but i would recommend to switch to a more modern body, mazda6 for example
Old 03-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

I already have a Mazda6 and HB Impreza which of course work great . I just want to see how the Alfa goes since some more experienced guys say it's a very fast body ( it creates less drag in my opinion ) . Obviously , the answer will be found at the track
Old 03-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

That body was designed for tyres and chassis that are 10 years behind current tech. We're using equipment with a LOT more power, tyres with a LOT more grip, and chassis which are MUCH stiffer than 2001 (Yokomo MR4TC, Associated TC3, Schumacher Axis etc).

Because the cars were cruder, PF made the body very edgy to turn a fast laptime. Scary = fast, safe = slow.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Old 03-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

it was good on foams...
Old 03-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

PERFECT for foam TC