R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default XRAY THRUST F3-8 3x8x3.5 OPTIONS? OR GEAR DIFF?

Looking for a good replacement thrust bearing for XRAY.
I found some, but I don't know if they are worth using:

http://www.avidrc.com/product/13/thr...-bearings.html

http://www.tsutsuna-racing.de/produc...526cf4c59590fb

I don't know how often they should be replaced and Xray's are a little pricey to be replacing regularly. I would think the bearings would last a while but the rings get worn pretty quick. It would be nice to be able to buy the rings but I can't find them anywhere.

I just put together the AvidRc thrust washers with the Xray thrust bearing. I'm going to give it a try. Hopefully it works good. The washers have a groove in them but when it's together with the bearing it's the same size as Xray's assembly.
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hi Gonzo - I know that Paul L replaces his thrust bearings on a ratio of 7:1 as compared to diff rings. I had luck with avid, and mcmaster replacements. I would rebuild my diff every two weeks and throw out the thrust every month. I believe Paul doest that much more frequently but then again he runs mod. I put on new rings every 4 myths. Just sand them on 1000 grit every rebuild. I can sand the thrust plates too.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Hi Gonzo - I know that Paul L replaces his thrust bearings on a ratio of 7:1 as compared to diff rings. I had luck with avid, and mcmaster replacements. I would rebuild my diff every two weeks and throw out the thrust every month. I believe Paul doest that much more frequently but then again he runs mod. I put on new rings every 4 myths. Just sand them on 1000 grit every rebuild. I can sand the thrust plates too.
Thanks Hanulec. Do you use the bearings that come with the thrust assembly from avid? I put an assembly together using the xray thrust bearing with avid's grooved thrust washers. Gonna see how they go this week. I just think the thrust washers take a beating. What do you use to lubricate the thrust bearing?
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo416 View Post
Thanks Hanulec. Do you use the bearings that come with the thrust assembly from avid? I put an assembly together using the xray thrust bearing with avid's grooved thrust washers. Gonna see how they go this week. I just think the thrust washers take a beating. What do you use to lubricate the thrust bearing?
I've only used the complete thrusts. I've never tried popping the little balls out and replacing them - or swapping rings with other thrusts.

Associated or losi black grease is what u use on the thrust. Associated silicon on the balls.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote