R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-14-2004, 12:27 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Alberto, i wasnt late for school, lol. I was in school. I had 3 free periods off so i do something educational on the forums, lol.

-Jon
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 12:31 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
XS3 Pro Problem

Hey guys, I bought an XS3 Pro and am having problems with the throttle. It does not center consistenly. The trigger feels fine and seems to center, but the ESC does not always return to the same spot (aka the nuetral light does not always come on and the wheels will still spin or be under braking when I let off the trigger). I tried different ESC's and receivers, but it still does it. One of my buddies said it may be a bad potentiometer on the trigger. Anyone agree with that assesment or have another idea? Horizon did not know what the problem was and said to send it in and they would look at it, but I just wanted to see if I'm missing something first. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-14-2004, 01:21 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jfischer
DId you ever think it could have been the M8 radio and not the XXTRA receiver. I run 4 different XXTRA receivers with a Futaba radio and last year a Lynx 3D and never had any problems. Only time I ever saw any problems was with the M8 radios, so that to me says it has to be in the radio, and most found that when the voltages got low they were having problems and it was the module in the radio, not the receiver.
Nobody that had problems were using m8's around here
sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:46 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well, I have no problems with them and win races, so don't know what to tell you. I only run one HRS receiver in one car and the rest are all XXTRA, and they work fine.

Quote:
Originally posted by sharkman
Nobody that had problems were using m8's around here
jfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 06:43 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good for you. I have no desire to run one. Just posting observation of what other people experienced.
sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:18 PM   #21
Tech Regular

I have noticed also some drivers having glitches with the xxtra and m8 combo on 75mhz. Airtronics/Sanwa already came out with their own sythesized module and receiver so using that I think will minimize if not eliminate any chances of glitching.
miniracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:14 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Never even had a glitch with my JR xs3. Thats running 1/8 nitro off road, nitro 1/8 on road, 10th nitro on road and 10th electric on road.

I think one of you guys my have a dodgy pot, the one that doesnt center properly.

Good luck, still think that the xs3 is a great radio.

Wolf
wolfracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 05:59 AM   #23
Tech Master

what does the Rate STM function do? it is not covered in the manual, only Rate STG gets a mention... the very last option (i think) in the scroll menu
azenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 08:16 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Default Re: XS3 Pro Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Juan Valdez
Hey guys, I bought an XS3 Pro and am having problems with the throttle. It does not center consistenly. The trigger feels fine and seems to center, but the ESC does not always return to the same spot (aka the nuetral light does not always come on and the wheels will still spin or be under braking when I let off the trigger). I tried different ESC's and receivers, but it still does it. One of my buddies said it may be a bad potentiometer on the trigger. Anyone agree with that assesment or have another idea? Horizon did not know what the problem was and said to send it in and they would look at it, but I just wanted to see if I'm missing something first. Thanks in advance!
What is your throttle dead band set at?
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote